Lol botters are not at efreeti after patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheWatcher, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Nessirfiti Augur

Where did he say it was fine?

You hit the reply button on the bottom right of their post to quote...

Also, where did he defend it, or say he used it? Hm?
  2. sleka Lorekeeper

The statement Almar made was in making ridicule at those who think EQ virtual boxers required EQ only specific software to automate the mundane tasks of playing a simple game like TLP original. The words and context aren't lost.
  3. Nessirfiti Augur

Yeah, I'm entirely of the opinion that you Howitz are reading your biases into what he said.

He said that the game is easy to automate even with programs that aren't made specifically for the game, Nowhere in what he said is he advocating that people do so, or defending people who do.
    He was having a discussion with someone who seemed to be of the opinion that all means of automation had to be updated after a patch.

So In this case the words and context aren't lost, they simply aren't there.

Understanding how something functions doesn't mean you use it, I understand how a helicopter flies, but I'm sadly not a pilot.
  4. Jezzie Augur

You must be new to TLP, if this helps here's a recent picture of Almar
    [IMG]
    I'm surprised he's still Lurking on the TLP boards.
  5. Machentoo Augur

Pharone likes this.
  6. Machentoo Augur

You guys are missing his point, though. He was simply stating that the easiest ways to automate on the early TLP's do not require waiting on a patch. If you have an autohotkey doing pet attack macro, you don't need to patch your software after each EQ patch.
  7. Jezzie Augur

8. Machentoo Augur

No idea, but I'm not sure why they wouldn't at this point with the other site offering software that works with no apparent reprecussions. They aren't going to passs up on money to be made forever... And I'm not sure eqmule's agreement extended to "all future Everquest servers forever" which is where we seem to be at this point on Truebox.
    Jezzie likes this.
  9. Aegir Augur

I visited the site regularly to track down RMT's in my guild way back when it was profitable on Phinigel. Now, I see adverts for Reeeedguides on my Facebookfeed. So I'm pretty sure they are still going strong in one way or the other.
  10. Getonethingright New Member

if you think they stoped making it for the TLP's you are incorrect, they are just not public. There is more than one programmer out there.

All that agreement does is allow them to charge more to certain cliental. Instead of the 10 bucks a month mass selling they sell for 150 to 200 bucks a month to the individual. you don't make agreements with hacking websites, when they already break the agreements for your games.

And of corse, people in game cannot keep their mouth shut, they talk about their p99 dos window programs and that they are friends with certain people on a website and get the distribution ect. members to that website for 10 + years so they get access to a sub forum blah blah. you will always have hackers and people that pay to get ahead.

DBG dosnt care, they want money, ban a 70 boxer who is paying 70 krono vrs 1 group of players. why do you think they keep spinning up these new servers? its an old trend that is even get worse and worse every year, next think you know there will be a hacking server.

Look at the mmo release for the past 2 years. Release a game in a beta state, lie about stuff and content, spend more time on the chart for type of sale than the game actually working.

Do people completely stop playing it even thou the game is trash? No.
  11. code-zero Augur

You made every bit of that up out of a whole cloth

Are there issues? Yep

Are the issues what's being wildly accused in these forums? Nope

Some of y'all are sincere but misinformed which is understandable but making up wild conspiracy theories is another matter.

The simplest and most logical answer is that the normal source for 3rd party software took themselves out of the market on TrueBox thus leaving an opening for new programmers who have no qualms about creating active exploits that haven't been seen since TSS on live servers. It's easy to accuse slightly lazy guys with half a dozen cheap computers and a efficient hotkey setup of bad acting but that distracts from the real abusers and wastes CS time that could be better spent going after the real bad guys
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  12. Nessirfiti Augur

I'm sorry, should I have qualified it with "Where does he say he used it On TLPs?" Because I'm not going to condemn how someone plays on live servers, so long as they're not afk botting.

I suppose early 2016 is new to TLPs. What I do know is that Almar does more for the EQ community every 30 seconds his site is up than you, or any other person on this thread have ever, or will ever do.

This community really likes to go after people who help it. From the people who ranted at Beimeith for not updating gamparse fast enough for their liking, even though the new one is much much improved. To this, going after Almar because he isn't ideologically pure enough for some peoples liking.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Jezzie Augur

It's no secret that Almar has been a helicopter pilot for many years or that he thinks everybody has the right to fly helicopters all over every server. I don't know why you're so easily offended.
    Now you know he likes to fly helicopters. You learned something today. You should be thanking me.

If Abyss carries on flying his helicopters on these servers we may all be looking for a new airport. Almar and EQMule included.

[IMG]
  14. Nessirfiti Augur

You do like to beat a reference to death don't you.

I'm not sure who abyss is, and you've honestly tortured that metaphor beyond any semblance of coherence.
  15. Ceffener Augur

Can you link that video you used to report someone of 70 boxing on the new servers.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Me either. No issue with people using it on live or non truebox, since the agreement with EQMule basically legitimized it.
  17. Jezzie Augur

So funny watching a forum warrior backtrack, thanks for the entertainment.

It looks like I can teach you something else today. Are you sitting comfortably? Then lets begin.

Abyss the the guy that supplied the hacks for version of Everquest. People refer to that as P99. There was uproar and outrage and Abyss had all is personal information spread "all" over the P99 forums. (Still there to this day actually just in case Daybreak ever felt like filing a lawsuit?).
    Now Abyss was pushing his new hacks software on the popular Reeeedguides site. You may be familiar with it. It's where Uncle EQMule sells his hacks.
    Around the time that Uncle EQMule came to work with Daybreak (Phinny Launch) Abyss had to remove his version of the hackware from Reeeedguides. It would appear that his hacks were not the approved of hacks so he had to go! Now his hacks were so ridiculous that nobody would of thought they would slip past the Daybreak Detection System (DDS for short but we're not really sure it even exists at this point).
  18. Nessirfiti Augur

Yes, Backtracking because I don't know who someone is. Excellent. Please, enlighten me who is Abyss? or are you just making stuff up? I'm assuming you're just making stuff up like most of you people tend to do.

You've given no proof that Almar uses any third party programs on TLPs. You've got no proof that Almar AFK Bots, in fact there are posts of his saying he dislikes AFK botters. If he uses programs on live servers that's not my concern, because Live servers aren't truebox.

Again I see no posts of his saying that people should do what they want on truebox servers, but I only went back to July 2016.
  19. Nessirfiti Augur

20. Jezzie Augur

Seems the forum is acting up this morning. I would call automation botting. If I were to advertise automation software then isn't it safe to assume I use it?
    So I would say that Almar bots. I've actually played on 2 servers with Almar so I can say he bots with confidence but I didn't save the video from years back, sorry.

I never said anything about Almar AFK botting, that's different, you said said that and you shouldn't be spreading those rumors around. Not much of a fanboi are you?