login servers down?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Annie, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Anaksuun New Member

I'm in on both accounts
  2. Nother Lurker New Member

Ok, 3 and a half hours, and I can still only get 1 account logged on. This is getting boring!
  3. Malbrowncoat Elder

Your login server tells me I am using the wrong login and password. Ive checked very closely and Im not. With all these folks trying to login,,,,is the machine intelligence counting the logins toward the failsafe lockout activation ? Pardon for asking,,,,,Why didnt you put up a "Maintenance in Progress" sign or something ?

Invalid name or password. Please try again. For more information click here.
    Still not working 1117
    Still not working 1146
  4. Nother Lurker New Member

Hi Piestro,as per your last post this is just to let you know that I have tried re-running the patcher (several times), and still cannot get one of my accounts on. I have even tried resetting the password to no avail.

PS. I just tried logging of and rebootinbg PC. One account gets on everytime, the other (this one) gets rejected everytime
  5. Shogan Journeyman

* same here, running launcher doesn't fix the problem (funny thing is one of the accounts works, 2nd account doesnt work ....)
    * also i can log into account management via webside without any problems
    * affects eq + eq2 as well
    * don't know if its related or not, the account that doesn't work has authenticator on it, the one that works doesn't maybe someone else have the same problems ?
  6. Malbrowncoat Elder

My account also uses an authenticator and is not working.....

Still down 1229
  7. Nother Lurker New Member

my account does not have an authenticor
  8. Bumtik Apprentice

I have the same issue with all 3 of my accounts. I get this message "Invalid name or password. Please try again. For more information click here." I have the authenticator on my accounts as well.
  9. Malbrowncoat Elder

I am still down, some info as Bumtik, 1305
  10. Praxis New Member

I'm getting an error message that says "The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000005) occurred in the application at location 0x6a72fb1e."

What can I do to fix this?
  11. Malbrowncoat Elder

1340 and still down,,,,can log into my account with no problem in browser using authenticator,,,,,,game front-end still poops out saying wrong name or password. Made a meat loaf, was not bad. Would rather play eq thought.... lol
  12. Malbrowncoat Elder

30 min limit to edit a message lol,,,,,anyway, im finally in the game. 1425
  13. Owl56 Elder

I was logged in, and crashed on zoneing this am.
    My other account can log in from this computer, but my main can't.

ERROR!

Your account does not meet minimum age requirements.
    Close

Really? And I have to wait until Monday afternoon to solve this?
    Please don't suggest I repatch, as I said... the software works on other accounts.

14. Rondor Augur

Similarly to Owl56, with some extra details for Legends of Norrath (LoN) as well as EQ.

Two of my accounts work OK and can login both via LaunchPad and via "eqgame.exe patchme" and "legendsofnorrath.exe patchme" right now.

For another one of my accounts, that was working OK the day before, LaunchPad (v4) for EQ tells me the following, after my login name and password are correctly entered:

ERROR!

Using "eqgame patchme" I just get a login timeout after around 15 seconds:

Error - A timeout occurred

Using the LoN LaunchPad I get the same error as for the EQ LaunchPad:

ERROR!

Using "legendsofnorrath.com patchme" to login to that same account, the LoN client tells me:

Login Failure
    Authentication Failure.
    Parent authentication for underage account is not approved.

This is all rather odd, as all the accounts have (or should have) the same personal information.

All these login attempts (successful and failing) are from the same installation directory of EQ and of LoN.
  15. Leerah Augur

The patcher had this problem before after they were messing with it. One of you search the old support forums and see what you can find about it there.

*.Lee of Povar
  16. Rondor Augur

Thank you for suggesting that. I looked briefly, but could not yet find the post you are referring to, but I think I know the issue that post may be about. (If you use launchpad to create a new account and put an underage birthday, it may remember you put that birthday and not let you try to create a new account again. There is some way to clear the .ini file or other cache, that you can edit to remove the erroneous/underage birthday.)

In my case, I could not find anything strange in the launchpad INI files. Plus, bypassing the LaunchPad still results in an age error coming directly from the EQ authentication / login servers.

I checked 6 other of my accounts (all with the same owner name, created around the same time as the problem account I mentioned above) and they all also have the same underage issue. All started having this problem shortly after the emergency authentication server patch on 2012-11-18.
  17. Piestro Augur

We're having a patch to address some of the account underage issues. If these persist after 10 am Pacific please contact CS.
  18. Owl56 Elder

Fixed with emergency patch as of 1pm PST today.
  19. Rondor Augur

I confirm that the underage issue is fixed on the accounts I mentioned as well. Thank you.