Lockjaw vs Ragefire vs Phinny numbers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iyvy, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Tieyla Elder

I'm glad Darth and Yawgmoth are ip banned.

They'd both have had simultaneous strokes reading this .
  2. Pikallo Augur

I've honestly never seen a bigger brown nose on these forums, I certainly hope you give them a reach around.
    Lawyer likes this.
  3. Celara New Member

There is one reason to think that a number of people on LJ and RF have clicked off the auto join public channels. Phinny has raid instances, LJ and RF do not. And one way of tracking what guilds are doing on LJ/RF is by their presence in certain public channels.
  4. Silinius Augur

Those numbers sound about right honestly. It is, what it is. 4 weeks and counting.
  5. Basanoviat New Member

Honestly, i doubt those population bar charts on the home page are even accurate based on players logged into the server. They look like static data to me.
    Agrippa likes this.
  6. Quasimojo Elder

If your guild mates are opting for a box char for groups over a LFG guild mate, then you're in the wrong guild. Just sayin'.
  7. EQForumAcct Augur

lol. Just ask Vulak!
  8. EQForumAcct Augur

LOL - Darkwind would crumple like a single sheet of toilet paper in a women's restroom in a club.
  9. EQForumAcct Augur

lol - that will change quickly come velious ;)
  10. SomethingWitty Augur

Can't comment on RF numbers, but LJ is a wasteland. I logged into LJ a couple times last week and nothing was said in general chat for nearly 5 mins, its so sad. I have tried re-rolling on Phinny, but I am just so bitter about how much time I invested into LJ, and truly feel that once I hit 60 on Phinny, DBG will do something to kill the server...

I have played on nine eq servers over the years, and this is by far the most disgruntled I have ever been.
  11. Draekony Lorekeeper

Well they already have hinted at a new TLP so I dont fault you for wondering what will happen by the time you hit 60. It's unfortunate they've split up the population so soon among three servers and are already talking about a fourth. People just want to enjoy EQ and get those rare legacy items without worrying about the server taking a crap in a few months by the release of another.

I know on ragefire I went through the effort of decking out my boxes getting them the best gear, thought they were like my children (lol) and then they released phinigel. Not even going to do that on phinigel cause who knows. Best bet is to just farm your own crap, buy later on in expansions for cheap stuff and sell before expansion opens. No investment minus your level/epic. At least the krono are account bound.

Hopefully they find some solution for waking the sleeper on phinigel, as theres way more raid guilds and with instances any guild can get keyed to go into open world ST and wake the sleeper, screwing all the others that were hoping for pre-sleeper items.
  12. taliefer Augur

they would have to do something mind boggingly, exceedingly dumb, the likes of which we havent seen even from DBG, to torpedo Phinny at this point. i dont care what ruleset they announce for the next server, im content with Phinny as im sure most people are.

following through with the GoD/OoW bundling is the only thing that comes to mind, but i dont think even that would torpedo the server.

however, if they do the bundle, then announce a new server at the same time, and one of the advertising points is "experience GoD as it was meant to be!" ima just peace out all together at that point
    Punchu and Draekony like this.
  13. Tulgin Augur

If the new server caters to casuals, that will pretty much kill Phinny. At the moment Phinny is a hardcore server designed for 50+ man raids and people that play 50+ hours a week. If they announce a new server with faster XP, no keys for raids (or like 10 minute respawn on ground spawns etc), tiered raiding that cater's to guilds raiding with 20, or guilds raiding with 50+, 90% of Phinny population would instantly move server.

But I think it would need to start with Kunark at a minimum.
  14. Tulgin Augur

Is this a hint at the new server? Perhaps the heroic raid tier of Naggy?

[IMG]
  15. TowerDefense Augur

I can almost assure you there won't be any tiered raiding in the future of eq. As nice as it is to thinkabout.
  16. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

This is not WoW :)
  17. Tulgin Augur

This is also not Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Wait, what are we doing again?
  18. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I'd be interested in seeing how far any of the major guilds last across the three newer tlp servers.
  19. TowerDefense Augur

We all know OGC will be around until this server shuts down.
  20. dreamer05 Lorekeeper

Do you have a source for them discussing a new TLP server?

I was on LJ, which was really fun and I never had trouble finding groups as a cleric. But as soon as Kunark came out it just seemed dead. It was very strange. I eventually quit but am thinking about returning to Phinny since it seems pretty popular still.

Also, someone should check these numbers again every now and then for updates at different times etc.