Level 85 HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rouan, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Prathun Developer

The rares have 3.5 to 4.5 times the hit points of a standard NPC their level, and most of them are also much higher level than the other population. Both of these, combined, are going to have a geometric effect on their difficulty. We'll take a look at this as well. Thanks for the quick test and feedback.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. silku Augur

I did it on a 94 sk yesterday. The mobs were red to him, quickly dropped it. I also noticed that when i get it on my 92 necro, they have a metric ton of hp.
  3. Rouan Augur

Well, servers crashed before I got to really test, heh. Looked like 2 healers mercs of J5 could keep me up on him for a few minutes. Damage output was about where I'd expect. Just way too much HP. RoF named didn't have that sort of HP. I had an unrealistically awesome 2hander for my level (admittedly low AAs to go with it) and I was merely chipping him down slowly. Think over 2-3 minutes I only managed 80%. I don't think I should drop him solo, I just don't think a duo with mercs at 85 is gonna fare much better.

~800k seems like the appropriate HP for that level.
  4. Ravengloome Augur

I agree with your assessment, However ROF trash has 1.2 million health in the lower tiers upto 1.7million in the higher tiers, the named atleast 3.4 million in T1 upto 7.5 or 8 million in T4, so lets not use ROF named as a baseline for 85 content and blatantly lie about how much health they have :rolleyes:

800k is probably still too much for 85 tho... named in Convorteum only had 650k - 700k... thats a big leap in necessary DPS output to do in a timely fashion.
    Motherlee likes this.
  5. Rouan Augur

Actually, there's a couple that only have about 1.5-2 million, but I think they got missed with tuning.

(think they're all in Kael too. Fey swarm, diminuitive kromriff, whatever the berserker one is)
  6. EddieP Lorekeeper

While your in there :) level 90 Karana, managed to get Diabolist, skeleton and vengeful spirit. first to red to 91 and couldnt get under 80 before, spirit was yellow, but still after harm touch and mage twincast was only down to 79
    Motherlee likes this.
  7. EQTrixy Elder

Do you get a chose on which level of HA you get?

Say I have a level 100SK, 94Shaman and 87Mage. Which one will I get?
  8. Feradach Augur

You'll get the level 100 HA. It scales to the highest level.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Flying Vampire New Member

every beta is like that, raiders testing group content, many issues aren't seen this way
  10. Symbius Augur

That's just stupid design. A level 100 with a couple level 85's in a level 100 HA would be worthless.

The 100 would pretty much be soloing as they 85's won't do much at all.

It should at least take the average of the group and then give the next highest HA range.

So a Level 100, 85 and 85, should get a Level 90 HA version. At least then the 85's could contribute something.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Or it should at least give a choice of level to pick the same as they have done other missions from earlier expansions.
  12. doktartp Augur

Cant you get the mission without the 100, zone in, see the level 90 mobs then task add the 100 back ?
    Rouan likes this.
  13. Rouan Augur

Well, went in again with an 85 mage and tried Harlwo the Blackguard again (he had 1500 AAs and some UF raid gear too).

We slogged our way to 20% on him which took about 4 minutes even with him using a caster merc. Then this happened when I lagged for all of a second:

[IMG]
  14. Rouan Augur

15. Sanh Elder

This makes a lot more sense. Making it auto 100 if even only 1 100 is in the group is oversimplistic and lazy.
  16. Rouan Augur

Finally killed him, dropped a lvl 100 item.... Okay then....
  17. Riou EQResource

If it goes by average level then 1 100 and 5 85s = 87 or so avg level = headshot / decap / assassinate able, the task also rewards currency based on level, so that would have to be nerfed down to the average too
  18. Rouan Augur

Okay, killed the Burning Bones boss of the final one in that HA line.

Got a bit hairy for an 85 SK (41k hp unbuffed, prolly something sad like 4,700ac unbuffed and 1000AAs) with a J5 merc healer and an 85 mage with J5 caster merc, but we won. He also had an ungodly amount of hitpoints. I went in with a fresh Mortal Coil proc going and then finished him with epic and visage of death. Dropped below 30% a few times. Total fight time was probably 4-5 minutes. Merc was on burn around 30%.

Sadly no logs/parses. I lag a bit too much on this old PC to log when the fights are that close.

Yet again it dropped a lvl 100 item like the other we killed. If you can't have them drop gear for 85s maybe have killing them provide a mark of valor bonus for when the mission is finished? 50-100 marks maybe.
  19. EQTrixy Elder

That sucks. Guess I'll have to level up my mage and shaman a bit so we can actually do these. No point in doing HAs if 1/3 of my group is useless and another 1/3 is under leveled/geared.

I agree with this 100%. I was hoping to get some marks. Guess it will have to wait as I do other things to get my boxes caught up.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It makes no sense as it is, they should at least get a choice of what level the missions are the same as other missions which they have changed. I some classes can mass kill in these why should anyone be worried about headshot/decap/assassinate ?

If currency is rewarded based on level, make it also based on the level of the mission.

These missions are not designed for a mix of levels which is a backward step to the changes they have just brought in for older missions.