Level 85 HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rouan, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Riou EQResource

What other mission is mass kill-able while completely solo? Only 1 can be beam kited (it can be kited solo as well, but not in what I would call a mass kill on the speed of headshot/decap/assassinate), I haven't noticed any of the other ones fast killing while solo, the other fast ones take pretty much full groups to be fast.
  2. EQTrixy Elder

Does this work?
  3. Siddar Augur

Nope seems mission npc level are set by level of PC in zone. They can instantly gain levels are lose them by what your groups average level in zone is.
    Riou likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That sucks, so much for joining lower level friends on missions.

Can we get the shrouds extended, so we can join level 85/90 in these missions without making it harder for them?
  5. Siddar Augur

Yea but if high levels could smash low level HA then Collection and Hunter achievements would become to easy.

It quiet interesting to see mobs level though. Zone in with level 90 Druid hit track and every mob is a blue con. Zone in 100 necromancer and poof all the mobs on track with Druid turn into red cons.
  6. Daegun Augur

It's actually good they did it that way (since mark count awarded based on character level).

Otherwise the abuse would go like this:

-2 85 alts request mission and zone in
    -task add 6 level 100s and swap out
    -pull entire instance and ae frag for 130-200 marks for 1-2 minutes work; autogrant level based aa on completion
    -flip instances ad infinitum
    -get 1000+ marks an hour and easy mode lv 100 gear on gimptastic named spawns

Having it auto level to the highest in zone prevents abuse. The only reasonable fix would be to award marks based on level of mobs in instance making all named always spawn as the 100 version (the low level guys can't wear the crap anyways).
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What was the point of changing missions for a 30 level spread, if the newest only take into account the highest level? This is a horrible idea, someone hasn't thought it through.

I play a wizzy, if I zone in to play with lower level friends I am going to wipe them, change the marks to match the level of the HA & allow the named to drop relevant loot for the level of the HA, the loot is on the vendors, why not on the named?
    Sinestra likes this.
  8. Madforwdw Lorekeeper

Scaling to highest level..ugh hate it. My two real-life friends who play (and actually introduced me to EQ) do not have cotf yet, but were going to purchase it after I told them the HAs would scale. They are 87 and 86 with their mains right now, and since it scales up to the highest lvl member , I doubt they will even buy the expansion. They were mad fans of Ldons and would have loved to actually take part in these and get some nice rewards. Now, they'll just be trying not to get killed. I can see the potential abuse of the system though, which is just a shame for those of us who have no intentions of doing that.
    noclue likes this.
  9. Sinestra Augur

Yeah I play my shaman and SK who are level 100 with level 90 friends a lot, so we won't be touching these poorly thought out adventures I guess until they are closer to 100 then.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Prathun Developer

In an effort to confirm what has already been discussed.

Heroic adventures scale to the highest level character in the zone.
    • NPC difficulty scales
    • NPC spells scale
    • Rewards (cash, experience, currency) scale, though they scale to the level of the character they are being applied to
    NPC scaling will recalculate if there is a change to the highest level character in the zone.
  11. Hatsee Augur

Everyone was saying it wrong for some reason, the scaling appears to work but they seem to want an average of the levels instead of having it scale to the highest.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Trying to get my head around this, I can understand adding a level 100 increases the difficulty of joining 2 level 85s in a HA, but that has issues if it increases so much that the level 85's cannot do the content.

Is a group with 3 level 100 chars and a group with 2 level 85s and a level 100 the same difficulty?
  13. Prathun Developer

If there is a level 100 character in the zone, the NPCs will scale to level 100 difficulty. The NPC difficulty in the zone is determined by the highest level character.
  14. Derd Augur

What all the, but how can I play with all my 85 level friends don't want to say. So you mean I can't have them get the mission's, then join them, then collect plat or kronos come in swarm or beam all the mobs as fast as I can until I'm tired of the plat I'm making?
    Is the scaling perfect the way it's set up, nope, but take those 85's out in normal xp zones for another night and get them to 90 and they'll be able to help. You'll have to go slower, but hey your helping your lower level friends play and have fun right! its not for any other reason your grouping with them.
  15. Gnomeland Augur

It's obvious they implemented it this way to discourage level 100s running lower levels through lower level HAs. In effect you are punished for being higher level and your lower level friends don't want to group with you. Instead of making it easier for lower levels to catch up, SoE has made it harder, great design.
    Sinestra likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This seems out of whack to the changes you have just made for all the other group missions, but if I cannot join a level 85 group without making the mobs 2 hard for them, can we extend the shroud system to 95+, so I can join them without making things too hard for them?

My friends do not wish to be Pled, they want to contribute to the group and not everyone wishes to rush to the end game, they want to get some AA on the way. I have no use for Exp or PP if I could give all of both to my friends I would. Marks are no trade and as a raider I have no use for those either, collectables are a waste as i have no need for AA. HA's are ideal for them as they can earn currency to gear up from the vendor.

Don't judge everyone by your own standards.
    Sinestra likes this.
  17. RaceCondition Augur

100s with 85: Cool, you can join us now even if you're low level.
    85s: Awesome, we can do the missions at this level now.
    85s with 100: Stop trying to power level. They can probably do the content on their own.
    lagkills likes this.
  18. Symbius Augur

Which is completely pointless. There is zero reason to have the change for the level spreads of missions if you are going to make the lower level characters completely worthless in the missions.

You have wasted your time with all of that.
    yadiman and Azzurri like this.
  19. yadiman Journeyman

This still seems bugged. Lvl 83 + lvl 89. (each with merc / lvl 86 average) I got hit for 7365 in the Skulk HA.
  20. yadiman Journeyman

Also, level 85 HA shouldn't be much different from level 89. We have the same gear, but get hit twice as hard?