Level 72 = Hit the Wall

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Slowhand, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Borek-VS Augur

Which is why I spell them out :).
  2. sojero One hit wonder

RSS = riftseekers' sanctum
    MPG = Muramite proving grounds

You can get to MPG off of Wall of slaughter and then RSS through MPG.
    Dre. likes this.
  3. Croak Augur

4. Fleeting Augur

see if anyone on the server will run u through COA and u could get a decent couple items for the sk and be solid to go to pofire and destroy they c2 area until ur 75 ish or 80ish then u can do tosk etc to 85 then u got heroics ez
  5. Gundolin Augur

I will add zero additional value since I think everything has already been covered but its a fun topic so.

At level 71 Ocean Green Hills is a pain as the mother bear always finds me. I only come to this zone at 71 until I have completed my level 75 Teak Task. To complete the task my J1 Merc tank can solo the relatively weak Bats, Rats, Snakes, etc. Anything that cons "relatively weak" is a very easy kill. When the Mother bear finds me - and she always does. I kite her around in a circle until my merc gets the kill. Then zone out and back in. Its a major pain and probably a net xp drain if you lack a fast computer/connection.

At level 71 the farm still gives great experience, just do the crows, scarecrow, doombugs quest as fast as you can. If there is a group jump in, most will welcome increased dps since they are there for the quest mostly anyway. Really I think you should do the farm till level 75, then slide over to the Looping Planes and kill Wargs - really good xp quest - that is fast and repeatable till around 80.
  6. rune00 Augur

The Hatching a Plan mission in pok scales to level you can easily do 20-90 in it if you have enough patience... Most people will just pull it all with a level 105 sk though , thorns up and tag for a quick PL... Anyway you should do just fine in there with your crew...
  7. sojero One hit wonder

Slowhand, What server are you on? You might find some people that will offer to assist and show you around.
  8. Psklice New Member

Valdeholm spiders were good at that level,loping planes is good , might be too low but Ashengate that's another good spot for mid to high seventies. I usually search Zam for zones by level and go from there
  9. complexication Kassina

I also vouch for fighting in Dragonscale hills, especially the farm. Siggik gives a bunch of kill quests for the mobs that roam the farm so you can easily bang out a bunch of exp doing that repeatedly.

Try Oceangreen Village as well. There's a bunch of quests in there you can do for exp as well, on the same par as Hills and a lot more weakcon mobsl, but without the vileness of Brown Bear Denmother.

If your still using defiant armor, i implore you to start investing in Archaic armor for your class at 70 and then Warped Steel/Glossy Silk armor at 75.
  10. Slowhand Elder

Almars guide mentions C1. I have heard of C2 but never been in the zone. Sounds like it might be tough to find C2 as a first timer
  11. Slowhand Elder

I have located 'the farm'. Pretty easy blues to kill. Got the 3 quests that grants '1 % of a level' :confused:
  12. Slowhand Elder

Bertox
  13. Slowhand Elder

I will check out your suggestion of Evergreen Village. That is located just to the right of zone in ?
    I upgraded my armor to Othni" last week. Is archaic better than that ?
  14. Slowhand Elder

Thanks all for the great advice and suggestions. Without a doubt Eq has the best community compared to other games.
  15. Borek-VS Augur

Plane of Fire: C1 is straight in from zone in. C2 requires you to go through C1, then keep hard left to avoid some raid mobs, all the way to the back of the zone.
  16. Borek-VS Augur

Othni is better than Archaic (as is Athlai also).

The village in Oceangreen Village - go south from Oceangreen Hills to get to the zone, then keep going directly south to find the village.
  17. complexication Kassina

It's located directly south (so go left when you zone in from the void).

And I wouldn't know about othni armor, never used it myself - hopefully someone else can answer this for me. :)
  18. Viper1 Augur

Try this: riftseekers sanctum to 75ish, then do treants or wargs in loping plains up to 80. From 80-85 you can try hills of shade or oceangreen hills/village. If you do OGH, follow the quest line and repeat quests that easy. Completing all the quests gets you a nice Aug as well.

Also, try to do about 3 different teek hz kill quests each day, 1 from 3 different level ranges. Drop to whatever level ranges you can easily complete as it may too difficult to always do the exact one for your level
  19. Brohg Augur

gators/wargs in LP are live through 85 and super easy, that's what I recommend always for soloists like Necros
  20. Chorus Augur

72-78 or so I used thalassius zone from the buried sea expansion. The re-spawn is decent and going into the underground building portion allows you to eventually do a circle of non-stop killing to keep you busy, although you may have some trouble with the orange robed mobs until you gain a level or 3.