Level 72 = Hit the Wall

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Slowhand, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Slowhand Elder

Been doing the farm...I like it. Doing the kill quests and playing with the AA slider when I turn it in. Pretty much 1 AA for each quest if slider at 100%

I didn't know you could do different levels of Teek quests each day. I will try that.

My SK hit 73 so might check out Riftseekers after buying new spells. See how it compares to the Farm.
  2. Barbwarrior Augur

3. beryon Augur

Make sure you pick up whichever quests you're doing before setting out. Once you do one, you get the 18 hour timer before you can request another.

You'll want to hit Riftseekers at some point anyway for aug farming. While it's been mentioned above, the key point that hasn't been mentioned is that the augs aren't lore. They each cover 4 slots. Assuming the camps are open, and your kill speed is fast enough, you can run upstairs, clear the room that drops the Flameshield Stone (25 AC), then run downstairs, clear the room that drops the Ore of Stone Strength (20 AC), rinse, repeat. This is a great way to get a good set of starter AC augs.
  4. Gundolin Augur

Yeah, at 73 you can do Teaks quest for 75 and 70 every day for a good bonus. I gave up on the 65 quest - not sure who picked that as a hot zone but it wasn't a player. I'm guessing 3 boxing at 73 you could handle it but I don't think the cost (in time) will be worth the reward.
  5. moogs Augur

Direwind, Icefall Glacier, Valdeholm... 73 is a sweet spot for XP.
  6. Felicite Augur

Here is Almar's "How to get to C2" page - http://almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/aa/c2.cfm

Back in the day, C2 was one of the best spots available (and hard to find open). I've not been there in ten years so I'm not sure about now.
  7. Slowhand Elder

Appreciate the link. Though I think I would have a greater chance of Taylor Swift knocking on my door tonight holding a 12 pack and wearing nothing but a smile than me getting to C2 without numerous deaths ...if at all :(
  8. Operation New Member

C1 and C2 are usually camped by rangers, exping while using head shot, I don't know if this changed since they nerfed HS, but I know a last year it was pointless being there,

and one ranger can cover both camps, and is basically pointless because out dpsing a ranger is pointless when fighting humanoids. unless you botting like 3 mages, go elsewhere.
  9. Operation New Member

I meant boxing, not botting.
  10. KarmaThaKing Elder

Unfortunately, the "farm" in Dragonscale hills, is only good until about 72 anyways. And then it is time to hit the Loping Plains until about 79-80, and then move into Hills of Shade until about lvl85.

These zones are from the "Secrets of Fadwer" expansion. And the mobs found in any of the zones from this expansions have far less hitpoints, and better xp per kill than any later expansion behind it.

Seeds of Destruction expansion, the one after. The mobs have tons of hitpoints.
  11. Borek-VS Augur

The farm is fine to high 70s (solo); with a group, it's worth moving on earlier, of course. I rather like MG and Beza/Zeka from that expansion, especially with a druid or mage for extra damage. TBS is an even earlier expansion that has a lot to offer in the 70s.

The weak animals in SoD (Tosk and Field of Scale) are ok, too, although by that time I'd want to move on to HoT achievements.
  12. moogs Augur

Slowhand, how's your progress? Been doing any exploring?
  13. Gundolin Augur

I hit 79 with my little wizard over the weekend. Started doing the tasks in OGH, the Names of the Faceless gives fantastic XP, and the signet's can be pre-looted.
  14. runecrow Elder

Solo wizard, I hunted at Dragonscale Farm from 70-71, then moved to Slaughter Gate from 72-74 (hot zone so xp comes pretty quick especially on doubleXP weekend). I just hit 75 and am looking at Bloody Kithicor for some higher color cons. Tried OceanGreen but got jumped by a mob of undead which nearly killed me right when I walked in.
  15. Gundolin Augur

Yeah a problem with OGH is the Undead for Names of the Faceless are right by the zone in/out so people train the entrance a lot still.

For a 74 Wizard another quick option is Icefall Glacier you have a self port there. The various Nightmoon Kobalds are easy to pull and kite. Nice to do if you are just logging in for a quick 20 - 30 minutes. Not great xp but no set up, no running between zones and very little risk. (Kobalds don't summon like the dragorns do in Slaughter).
  16. runecrow Elder

Ah yes, I was even looking at the port last night wondering about it. Thanks for the heads up will check it out.