Level 72 = Hit the Wall

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Slowhand, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Slowhand Elder

I am at a total loss where or what to fight at this level. Currently 3 boxing a SK/Bard/Mage. Last 8 or so levels have been at Wall of Slaughter. Things are green/light blue now there so time to move on ...plus bored to stink being there for so long.

The next Hot Zone is Ocean Green. Can barely get buffed before that bear comes along and wipes me. The rest of the mobs are white+. I can kill them but it takes a while and uses a lot of mana = very slow and inefficient. Any add = zone or wipe.

Have a hit the wall in regards to leveling now? My SKs armor is decent after buying rubicite armor and top weapons. SK is all access so have decent AAs.

All 3 are logged in sitting at pok ...but no idea what to do....other than take someones advice I read here about making alts until level 70 or so and then rerolling
  2. Phrovo1 Augur

Have you tried Dragonscale Hills or Loping Plains? I forget how long the farm remains a viable place to grind but you should be able to grind in those zones for a bit.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Iila Augur

Try dropping back a bit and ignoring that hot zone suggestion. Hot zones weren't picked by anyone who's played in those zones. But you can still do the top 2 or 3 Teek HZ quests to get some decent daily exp rewards.

I forget exactly what the good level range on these is, but try PoFire, or Split Paw. Or even switching over to the other zones in that theme, blackburrow and the town.

Mid-70s is also when the game starts to morph into its more modern form. You'll be expected to do more on your SK in order to stay alive. Using discs, chain life tapping, making use of epics, and debuffs, etc. Mercs and gear won't be overpowered enough to carry you anymore.
    Borek-VS likes this.
  4. Roxxanna Augur

Doomfire.

Loved that zone.
  5. Sebbina Augur

Go to allakhazam.com and check out the zones, by level and see what you might like to try The Steppes in Serpents spine, The Buried Sea in buried sea expac, Dragonscale Hills in Secrets of Faydwer. Hot zones are often picked to encourage folk to visit less popular places.
  6. Iila Augur

And some of them, like Plane of Air, must be picked out of wanting players to suffer.

The level range chart in the zone list in game is also pretty useful for finding spots to hunt. It's ranges seem roughly as technically correct as zam's list. Meaning some completely out of depth zones will show up thanks to a few NPCs, but overall it's pretty useful.
  7. RainbowTest Augur

Kill the deep red "weak cons" in feerrot the dream. Make sure they are weak cons and if you ever aggro a non weak con and live through the initial round of combat run for your life back to the safety bubble. The also drop the same loot tables as the regular zonewide drops of Feerrot the dream so you will get level 80 gear and gems/TS items. You could possibly start these at around 65 with a group, I highly recommend solo'ing them for best exp gains.
  8. Necromonious Augur

9. Slowhand Elder

I haven't until today. Took your suggestion and tried DH for an hour. Lot's of blue wolves/cats that died pretty easy. Will have to make a bazaar bot to see what I can sell the pelts for.
  10. Slowhand Elder

HZ quests for my level are in Oceangreen = I will wait until I level for the next set of quests. ..just like I avoided the HZquests for plane of air. Another silly zone.

I figured it would get harder at 70+ which is why I bought better gear. I don't use discs too often ...only for a big fight. If I need to use them when grinding then I am in the wrong zone.
  11. Slowhand Elder

Will check it out
  12. Slowhand Elder

I know nothing of that zone. Will do some research and see how to get there. My 3 crew is level 72 so weak cons should be doable? Good XP? What is the 'safety bubble'?
  13. Borek-VS Augur

Best exp spots for a small group in low 70s are going to be Plane of Fire, Split Paw, Dragonscale Hills (but you should get the three farm kill quests for best results), Loping Plains, Riftseekers Sanctum.

I'm not convinced about weak cons in Feerrott, but you can get there via the Feerrott stone in PoK; the "safe bubble" will be the area where you zone in. There are also some viable weak cons in Field of Scale (reached through the Void), and in Katta Castrum (the TBS one, not Luclin or TDS).

The next hot zone up after Oceangreen, Hills of Shade, hits very hard, but doesn't have the annoying Denmother.
  14. Brohg Augur

Luclin one is Katta Castellum, not Castrum :)

TDS one does have weak cons, the skeletons on the sides of the ziggurat, but they may still be too high for 72s to tackle. Boars in Toskirakk were always my pick for weak cons to pick on.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Borek-VS Augur

That's good, because I wanted the TBS Katta! :)

If you want to try the boars in Tosk, it's good to remember that the much tougher generals wander the area with Shroud of Stealth, so you won't see them until you are being stomped.
  16. RainbowTest Augur

You can access feerrot the dream by clicking on the oggok stone in pok and choosing the dream button. Once in there the zone in area is surrounded by a bunch of hooded plaguebringer guys who form a bubble of protection no mobs can path in or they leash outside and wipe aggro. Just beyond these hooded guys are a bunch of weak con mobs. They are all deep red to you but because they are weak cons they hit for about the same as a PoP mob or maybe WoS mob. They have few hps and were designed to be killable by newbs with new heroic characters(its the starter area for a heroic character).
  17. Croak Augur

18. Slowhand Elder

19. SomeEQGuy Elder

Denmother only comes looking for you if you kill non-infected animals. So the only daily you can't avoid denmother is the bear one. The snake one is ok to do and you can do rats/bats if you stick to infected. At least that's been my experience.

I'd also check out RSS for the augs but it may also be good for exp at that level. There is also a 20ac aug in MPG on the way to RSS. Blindhunter I think the name is.
  20. Slowhand Elder

I am new. Any kind of acronym or shortcuts are just dolphin clicks to me :(
    moogs likes this.