Let's be real..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Orienn, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Laronk Augur

WTF your best time playing EQ wasn't in addiction on Mayong? Despite being in both guilds I'm hurt!
  2. Dark_Intentions Augur

There's nothing wrong with the bosses of the most recent era being a challenge, and something that the top guilds compete to kill. With classic not having any era behind it, that means the only bosses are the top bosses.

The one problem I can see here could be when Kunark comes out, the competition for the classic bosses will be too extreme, and will cause far too many people to get frustrated. This is because of epic weapon requirements within the classic bosses.

HOWEVER...it is far too early to be getting upset now about that. When Kunark hits, they could make changes. There was an idea here being suggested for instancing raid bosses one era behind the newest era. If that were done when Kunark hits, then the classic bosses would be more easily attainable (though still not a cake walk).

This change was actually the best possible change, given the situation. I don't think any change would please everyone.
  3. guado Augur

At the cost of everyone else, old friend :(.......
    Lonye and Orienn like this.
  4. Orienn TreeHugger

To be fair I don't think I am entitled anything, on live I have everything I could even want, and raiding end game. I don't care about loots for me 99% of the time I'm helping my guild get gear or farm items or even just give them the ones they want. Like most of us we just want to experience the end game aspect of classic with our friends our guild our pick up raid along those same lines with out worrying about the higher up guilds being like hey look they pulled something we wanted we are going to move our entire raid force on top of them and try to KS them, and then tell us to off.

I don't hate all of TL just the majority, I have met many cool people who were level headed and respectful, and even straight up cool. And most of them are like ya alot of are in the guild doing that stuff making us look bad.

But ultimately a few good people don't out weigh the mass of dbags in the guild, I do find it hilarious you guys are all like if i knew of someone doing this they would be gone, but all of your responses to most posts on these same lines are cop outs. By giving us the none of my guildies would do such a thing, makes you just as responsible as them. Maybe you and your officer's are good people in the planes who know's, but the vast majority of people see the ones not in the planes giving your guild a bad name.
  5. Rhiyannon Augur

compensate for having more than 3x players on the server made for a zone made in 1999? - check
  6. Lonye Augur

Yeah? This isn't making sense when you're just trolling the thread.
    Orienn likes this.
  7. Lonye Augur

Okay. Now you're just getting ridiculous...
    Orienn likes this.
  8. Templeton Augur

Yeah, it is, but that's horseshit tbh.

We are so past the 'Everquest experience' already that it's mind boggling that they think this is even close to a valid reason.

What they mean is, "it was too hard to do anything else and this will be less work".
    Orienn likes this.
  9. Orienn TreeHugger

The only guild currently that is against this change is TL because all they want to do is c0ckbl0ck everyone else unless it benefit's them
  10. Lonye Augur

You're argument has gone off on a tangent. You're saying it's bad idea because it wasn't how it was years ago then state it's okay because it "isn't a classic server." Got it, it's not a Classic server. You're right in that aspect and only that aspect.

There's nothing wrong with opening up raids instance / expedition and having every guild do raiding.
    Unless you're TL... And you can't have all the loot on the server...

Trying the same ol' thing because it was how it was in your days doesn't mean it's the best. Not everyone thinks it's awesome to give up a cell phone for a rotary phone and ride in that '95 Honda Civic just because it's how 'you' did it in the 90's. I hope you have fun being stuck in your old ways but I'm fine with change.
    Jaxarale01, Psycho and Orienn like this.
  11. Lonye Augur

I still think of this as:
    poopsock
    1. A sock that is used as a temporary contained for faecal matter.
    2. A vital part of any dedicated EverQuest player's equipment. A poopsock eliminates the need to go all the way to the bathroom, which wastes valuable levelling time.

Whether or not you're there 100% of the time. You're still a poopsock to me ;-)
    Friday and Psycho like this.
  12. Orienn TreeHugger

13. Owndar Elder

136. Chars or 136 people. Does this include the 200+ Bots/boxes
    Friday, Psycho, Lonye and 1 other person like this.
  14. Detheb Augur

You do realize that when you're mobilizing to a fight, that boxes rarely are used? If we have to sit on something because another guild chooses to, then yes, we may have boxes there. Mobilizing boxes is really inefficient(Hence why Citizen was so bad about it on Fippy)
  15. Orienn TreeHugger

So the boxes are used to poopsock everything else except what's in the planes?
  16. Detheb Augur

Wait, what?

also
    Yeah man, Addiction was a ton of fun, but TL, hands down better. Maybe the first 2 months of E&V are comparable.
  17. Orienn TreeHugger

I thought you were going to bed...
    Nenake likes this.
  18. Nenake Elder

poopsockers never sleep!
    Lonye and Orienn like this.
  19. Destroying Angel Lorekeeper

[THE PROGRAM THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED] didn't exist in 1999 either.

Boxers already ruined the "classic" experience. It should be about offering a nostalgic experience to as many people as possible. This will make them the most money as many Gen-Xers are interested in this. Catering to an elitist few who want to lord over everyone is not conducive to long-term viability and they will wind up squeaking by again on the pittance of boxer accounts. Its not just bad for the game, its bad business.

Enjoy your money DBG. You won't be getting any more of mine.
    Rhiyannon, Friday and Orienn like this.
  20. Alandros Elder

I love threads like this, people are realizing that non-instances content like this = fun for a few and not for many lol. People forget all of the flaws of original EQ, all the things that have made MMOs more fun over time (in EQ as well) for more people. Maybe these people did dedicate the time originally to compete and for some reason are insulted that they can't compete now (I'll call it high-school quarterback syndrome) or maybe they just didn't remember how crappy this was.

With that said this is what was asked for and this is what EQ was for many years, shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.