Let's be real..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Orienn, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Orienn TreeHugger

Ragefire is a TLP server...it's not classic EQ, with that being said why is not instancing raid content viable?

I know what the trolls will say this is supposed to be classic, you wanted the classic experience so you got it.

THIS IS NOT anything like classic, we have over powered class that weren't like that back then. I remember when getting to 20 took me like a month just to get my surname now its like an hour or 2.

You need to look at it from both sides of the fence, how is this solution going to be good for those who aren't in the poop-socking guilds?
    patius, Friday, Psycho and 8 others like this.
  2. Praxxos Journeyman

i agree with that, all of it!
    patius, Friday, Lonye and 3 others like this.
  3. Unique_Moop Augur

think of how easy velious would be if everyone had a cof tho!

oh wait it all dies within 3 hours of launch.
  4. Orienn TreeHugger

Here's an idea make the the raid mobs in the regular zones drop better gear to let the top end guilds fight over. And let the other 95% of the server actually enjoy raiding with their guild or friends or what not with out people griefing 24/7.

Seriously though, you guy's have nothing to lose by doing this, and it's not going to effect the top tier guilds in anyway because their entire guild is already planar geared anyways days after launch.

I need DBG to give me a real answer to why it can't be done and the "you wanted classic, you got it" answer isn't cutting it anymore.

We need to push raid expeditions for the greater good!!
  5. Detheb Augur

Your answer is because they believe that competition is part of the EverQuest experience. Did you ever think that you may be doing a dis-service to yourself by joining in and making all these threads, whining about things, when they keep spoon-feeding your more content?

I mean, seriously, they are not instancing raids, but look at what they have done for the "Casual" players.

Instanced Lowbie ZOnes - Check
    Instanced Every zone but Raid zones - CHeck,
    Instancing Raid zones now - Check
    Increased Difficulty on raid mobs - Check
    Increase Variance in Spawn timers for raid mobs - Check
    Decreased the Spawn timers for Planar armor dropping mobs - Check

I mean, seriously, they've done everything you guys have asked, except for instance, which they said they were not going to do... Give it a rest already
    Frenzic likes this.
  6. Orienn TreeHugger

Ok here we go again, the classic EQ experience. How much more clear can I say this?

THIS IS NOTHING LIKE CLASSIC EQ

NOTHING ON RAGEFIRE IS CLASSIC EQ

I didn't need the instances to get where I am, I just want to do the raids with out bags like you and your entire guild poop-socking everything. It's 1 thing to compete with stuff but when your entire guild is using with bot armies that's a little extreme.
  7. Smilesmage Lorekeeper

The reason they aren't instancing raids is probably because it's too much work for them. What else is new?
    Lonye and Orienn like this.
  8. Orienn TreeHugger

Hey man I love the signature lol....but ya I figured that would be it, they need to stop catering to TL.
  9. Frenzic Augur

And you need to stop whining about TL, which will happen first?
  10. Orienn TreeHugger

Maybe when your guild dies in a fire
    Psycho, Lonye, guado and 1 other person like this.
  11. Frenzic Augur

So around when instanced content comes out? Check!
  12. Orienn TreeHugger

Yes sir...Mr Poop-Socker sir....if I wanted your constructive criticism I would have asked for it
    Lonye likes this.
  13. Frenzic Augur

I don't care what you want. Post stupid things, expect to be put in your place. This is the internet bro!
  14. AWPS New Member

That is such a sorry argument. (EXAMPLE) contain your nerd rage.

I am 28 years old, I am in the Army i work 12 hour days, I have a wife, kids and RL. So obviously the "Bat Phone" is not going to cut it for me.... But for some reason that gives you the "Right" to see more content than i do? It gives you the "right" to trash talk on other players concerns about the game that "They" sub to as well? You good sir need to sit back and shave off that neck beard for a few minutes. The amount of TOXIC players that I have seen on this new progression server, is worse than any other wow baby generated MMO that i have seen in years. The amount of self entitlement here is just freaking insane.. No one has any common courtesy or respect for camps. All i see is ME ME ME. Start caring about the people that play this amazing game with you.

That being said Frenzic... Sorry to say this bud ive seen you arguments about your guild in other forums.. I love you guys TL has STAND UP players in its guilds. plenty of whom i played P99 with! The Mass invite nature of your guild has killed your rep! To stand up and say "No one in my guild trains or KS's is a horrible answer... You cannot police a guild that size you have what 450 + members now? grant it some are alts.. and to tell us "Yes I can!" is just a lie.

Apok is a joke of a guild, it probably has the TRASHIEST players on the server hands down. If you have it and they want it you are getting trained, simple as that.

Ranting about guilds aside..

The point i am getting at is most of the "Casuals" are not casuals because they lack skill. They are Casual because they are adults with responsibilities..(Because if your telling me you can be ready for a bat phone call 24/7.... and have normal ADULT RL stuff going on, I may believe about 5% of you). Or dont want to be lumped into a mass invite guild that zergs bosses and content which mind you requires NO SKILL! I would rather keep my 45 man guild of Good players who don't box and enjoy playing with each other and do group content until Apok trains and kills us.

And to resolve the TL KS / poopsock / camp prey theory here is a screen shot of one of your SK's meantioned in another post letting a group know that TL "Loves" to be contested... (Again not all of you are bad but... Mass invite and your gonna get trash)[IMG][IMG]

I guess i have no idea what im talking about and the best of luck to you guys and your "Game"? If you even want to call EQ that anymore with the current state this server is in lol.
    Gythlen, Psycho, Orienn and 2 others like this.
  15. Detheb Augur

I'm 26, work two jobs(Supervisor at one, and other is a weekend job as a bartender in a vacation town). Most days I'm out of my house for 12+ hours a day(Hence 90% of my forum posts are after midnight CST). I have obligations to meet with Family, Work, and Friends. If a batphone goes off while i'm doing something, its ignored. But waking up for 20 minutes to kill a raid mob and going back to sleep isn't a difficult thing for me.

The difference is, im willing to get up for that 20 minutes to make it to a raid. Its not like we have a bunch of neckbeard kids that stay at home with mom. I'd say the majority of our players are people with Families, Careers and Responsibilities. I'm lucky if i play 3 hours a day - most of which are coming during Euro times.(In fact, since i've been level 50, i've grouped a grand total of one time).

The argument that it isn't possible just isn't true. It simply comes down to if you're willing to do things to progress. Our members(for the most part) are willing to do that. Trust me, you can be casual and still be a member of the #1 guild(I've been doing it for years).

My reasonings for joining TL are simple.
    1. It was perhaps the best time i've had playing EQ with them on Fippy
    2. A lot of people in TL i consider friends and enjoy the BSing in guild chat, with people that we can refer to something idiotic and know what we're discussing.
    3. When time comes for harder content, i'm with a group of individuals who i know are some of the more skilled players in the game.

Also, yes we may have a bad egg or 3, but our membership base is huge. Leadership's job is to make sure we run at 100% efficiency, not to sit someone in timeout because they needed to camp their Broom in Najena, and a group of players that are not getting experience(So, doing the same thing) get mad because they showed up.

tl;dr - Surprise! We have real lives too, our mission statement isn't to **it on casuals, its to min/max ourselves!
  16. Amor Augur

You actually think you put him in his place? All you do is reinforce that yes your guild is exactly what people claim it is. The bottom feeders of EQ.

As for you and other bad gamers using the term competition on this server, you all demonstrate you don't even understand what the word means. Keep thinking you do though.
    Psycho, Orienn, Maxe and 2 others like this.
  17. Flandersian Augur

Guilds like TL have existed for a very, very long time and have had a strong presence on every progression server. I don't really understand why Ragefire has been the tipping point (p99 kids?).

They play one way, you play another. In actuality, you probably shouldn't be seeing much of them if you're as blase about playing the game as you claim to be. The problem is the world is so damn cramped that every clashing and meshing personality has all been shoved into the same 4x4 box. Once Velious/Luclin gets cranked up, you can play your way all you want as the power gamers will have long moved on.

One solid year of 32k HP mobs was a great idea. :eek:
  18. Frenzic Augur

We don't have anywhere close to 450 people. I do agree with you that it's hard to police a high number of people. For the record, we have 136 people on our raiding website. 42 of which have attended less than 25% of our raids.

By speaking the truth? We are bottom feeders yet we have the best loot. Maybe you mean personality wise? Morality wise? Bad gamers?

Competition is pretty well defined.

noun
    the act of competing; rivalry for supremacy, a prize, etc.:
    The competition between the two teams was bitter.

a contest for some prize, honor, or advantage:
    Both girls entered the competition.

the rivalry offered by a competitor:
    The small merchant gets powerful competition from the chain stores.

It's a little early to be hitting the bottle. o_O
  19. Porygon Augur

It's funny that people are complaining that guilds like TL have feelings of entitlement When the exact reason these threads are created is because YOU want something for YOURSELF and don't want to spend the time it takes and work for it.

Seems like you are actually the ones thinking you're entitled to something. I have an idea, get up and actually work for it.

The biggest argument people make is that they have a job and a life. Well I'm sure you have some nice things in your life. Car, house, wife....hell even kids. And every single one of those things you had to work for. But now, because someone is actually willing to put MORE time (arguably) and MORE effort, you want to whine about not getting what you want.

This is apparently the generation of gamers we live in. And is the complete reason WOW was turned into a terrible game with entitled players.
  20. Hexaholic Augur

I'm not trying to be rude, but DBG just stated they are HIGHLY against instancing raids. They have their reasons, because this is how it was back then. As much as people want to say this isn't a classic server, they are correct, but this is a server, locked in the classic era. Sure there are some things that were left in, (origin, keep gear on death, faster leveling, kronos, etc.) but for the most part, it's the Classic experience. All those things you remember about leveling, mages not being overpowered, etc., did you ever actually raid to know what it was like, when it was current content? I'm just curious. It just seems that a lot of people that are complaining about not getting raid targets, have a skewed memory of how it was. I'm sure some servers had rotations, but I know our server did not. This is exactly how it was, getting a batphone at 4am, to wake up, and put the hammer down, and then to go back to bed. All in all, people are getting what they wanted. They asked for easy Planar farming for their Planar / end game gear, they got it. They asked for high value camps such as GEBs, Idol of the Underking, and several others, to be instanced, and got it. Granted in the end, it's going to allow people to get the gear they wanted, but at the same time, it's going to absolutely destroy the plat economy, as it has already done for the other items that are instanced. But that's apparently what people want, so DBG delivers, and yet people still complain. I just don't get it.