let there be a miracle,remove truebox.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Legends Elder

Non-Truebox TLP's shouldn't even be a thought until Riplona makes it to live, then maybe spin up a new one for the 5 people that play that server. It's clearly not in demand and Daybreak knows this.

LONG LIVE TRUEBOX. DOWN WITH THE CHEATS!!!
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  2. Zanarnar Augur

You are aware this isn't a single player game right? One of the best design choices they made (that they then spend 20 years watering down) was NOT to give every class every toy. To make players interdependent on each other. This fosters teamwork and forming up groups, rather then running your own group.

Want to run your own group? There are PLENTY of games out there where you control a party by design. This isn't one of them.

Also businesses should listen to and cater to their customers wishes and whims? Then every iPhone would be free, as would every netflix/etc subscription. We'd all be driving super cars (listen to me Ferrari! I don't want to pay any more for your cars then I pay Kia! I'm the customer make it happen).

No my friend, businesses make decisions based on their data and need to make a profit. A handful of vocal people who don't like their choices don't even register on their radar.
    Arclyte and Legends like this.
  3. Mescar Lorekeeper

Make more friends. Open up that lfg tool, gather some people up and expand your circle. I am not saying what you stated is wrong. I myself box when my friends aren't on at the same time. But I am also lfg looking to make new friends. And for some reason I can never keep my box up in levels with my main. Mainly because I get asked to group up often, because I am out meeting new friends.

Now I do want to state later on in these thread you posted about DPG listening to us. And I completely agree with you on that. With them trying the relaxed truebox, they realize that at some point in the game it becomes a reality boxing is needed. Why do you think they put mercs in the game? Not saying DPG made the server right. I still think some spice would be nice. Just shortened lockouts with the shorted unlocks seems logical. But that's just my 2 copper. DPG is trying, they have a plan. It makes sense what they are doing as a company. Just not as fast as the people who want everything handed to them, giftwrapped with a rainbow bow and unicorns.
    Legends likes this.
  4. Triconix Augur

You cannot stand on the platform that this isn't a solo game while allowing half the classes to fully function, uninterrupted and unmitigated, without needing the assistance of other players. That's is by far the most illogical and insane thing ever. It's baffling bad game design if their intent was to force players to constantly group. You either nerf the ever living hell out of the classes who currently can solo or you make the game more widely accessible to solo play for all classes.

Sitting there arguing that players should group with each other while half the classes don't need to, leaving the other classes to sit on their thumbs, is moronic at best. Do you not realize how dumb you look by saying "People should be forced to group with each other!" while half the classes are running around behind you completely solo?

P.S. It's quite obvious DPG is listening to the majority and easing up trueboxing clearly points it being overall detrimental to the community. You're sitting on a sinking ship and claiming everything is all good. Have fun with with the other mindless troll replying to me as well.
  5. Triconix Augur

I mostly agree with you. However, half the classes have options if they are without a group. They can still go out an accomplish meaningful stuff completely alone. Restrictive boxing rulesets other further emphasis terrible class balance and mechanics.

One cannot simply demand a player to play a certain way - grouping - because of a ruleset restricting accessibility while willfully ignoring or not acknowledging that some players don't have to play like that at all solely because they picked a different class. It's not logical. And if the intent of initial game design was to have people all grouping, why are there mechanics in place that contradict this design? Should those not be modified? Or you stating only certain people must group? Sounds selfish and points to that person playing one of the classes that benefit from bad game design.

Person 1: "Go make friends and group. That's what truebox does. It forces you to interact with people"
    Person 2: "Necros and mages exist. Why don't they have to group?"
    Person 1: ..."GeT mOrE fRiEnDs!!!"
    Kaenneth likes this.
  6. Ragnoruk Augur

You keep saying this but I don't understand it. Please explain how TrueBox is stopping cheaters?
    I have seen cheaters on every TB TLP.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

EQ is not group dependent for all classes.

Changes needed for that would be:

Pet Classes:

Take away the caster's ability to heal their pets & you make them depend on other players (Healers specifically) in exactly the same way that Warriors, Monks, Rogues, & Berserkers do, they appear in group window now so the opportunity for this change is now.

Root-Rotters:

Make Root more difficult to land & more easily broken after a certain % of damage & you can still use it for CC but not for soloing by Root-Rotting things to death, putting root spells all on the same timer.

Kiters:

Make everything summon players if it is below a certain % of health, unless it no longer provides anyone on its aggro-list with XP putting all snares on the same timer.

Charmers:

I'm no expert on Charm but there must be changes that could be implimented to make Charm still useful in a group setting but prevent it being utilized to have an unfair solo-play advantage over other classes (aimed more at Necromancers than Magician or Enchanter)

Some other changes would also be needed as SHD would still be strong soloers, so would PAL yet WAR is nowhere near Knight survival in a solo setting.

If you want to flip the script & retain all that Caster Solo Power you would have to allow melee some portion of the above power and we all know most of you casters would absolutely stand against that, and we know why.
  8. mark Augur

life his good when most days you post you get a few likes wich means people support your ideas.
    Gormgeous likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yet nobody has liked the original post of this thread yet.
  10. Haldi Elder

Skuz you have such an biased objective perspective, and never consider anyone else perspective, why is that? A little Narrcistic I would say. But whatever floats your boat.
    Shuey likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Did you write that word salad by yourself?

Biased: unfairly prejudiced for or against someone or something.
    Everyone is biased, and I am no different, I make an effort to be aware of & know my own biases so that they do not unduly influence my decision-making, hopefully so do you.

Would you care to elaborate on which specific bias is it that you are referring to?

Objective: not to do with a person's own feelings or views—it just deals with facts
    I can't say I am ever 100% objective, but I recognise there is a time & a place for objectivity and there should also be room given to constructive emotional expression.
    A strange thing to plop in the middle of what was presumably meant to be critique, this is actually quote complimentary in nature, so almost certainly not what you were aiming for.

Perspective: a particular attitude towards or way of regarding something; a point of view.
    Pretty much another way of referencing bias used in this context.

Ahhh, I get it, you just wanted to be insulting but found yourself lacking the confidence to stand behind your convictions or the linguistic skill to express yourself eloquently.

Narcissistic / Nacissism - extreme self-involvement to the degree that it makes a person ignore the needs of those around them.

How am I "ignoring the needs of others" in the context of this one man crusade by mark against Truebox?

I am pretty confident that I have always taken a balanced-view of Truebox.
    I have experienced a TLP server without AoC during the early eras of the game & had my playing time impacted by the disruption "Mage Armies" can bring, also witnessing their impact upon other players & even entire raids.
    I have also played a TLP from GoD all the way through to CoV and seen the effect of Truebox upon a TLP server over the duration of the server's life-cycle.
    And I have maintained this balanced view by saying that Truebox has some value in the mostly open-world of early EQ and increasing less value as the game moves into expansions where more content is instanced.
    That's why I have been among the strongest proponents of the "relaxed" Truebox that has appeared on Yelinak & Vaniki, and which was extremely vocally supported by players on legacy TLP servers.
    I also supported Live servers getting AoC while I was still playing on TLP servers.

If I am ignoring the "needs" or more accurately the "wants &/or desires" of a singlular player, namely mark, but I am also considering the needs of the wider community i.e. everyone who isn't mark then you calling me Narcissitic is simply an inaccurate conclusion to draw.Fact is I am not ignoring mark's "needs" I am arguing that his desire for no Truebox is selfish because he is a serial recycler & should not expect his demand for a yearly boxing TLP to be made available to him, which is actually what he really wants.

If anyone is being Narcissitic here is is actually the player you appear to be trying to defend, all they have done is elaborate on their own personal wish while giving no consideration to the wider community.

Have a nice day.
  12. mark Augur

the funny thing his the wider community who plays on tlp has no issue with boxing, i could be wrong but that part of the community i play with and raid with allows boxes in groups and if needed allows boxes on raids.
    Wulfgard likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The funny thing is you are wrong & have seen plenty of evidence you are wrong about the "wider community" which consists of players who:

1. Absolutely hate boxing
    2. Indifferent to boxing - they don't actually care either way.
    3. Totally okay with boxing

And they have not been afraid to say so, so did you just ignore them all?

You are not talking about the "wider community" here, you are only speaking about your close contacts, your "acquaintances" so to speak. This is a much narrower sub-section of the wider community, made up of boxers & people who like boxers. This is not representative of the "wider community" it is only representative of the community you are most familiar with.

Time to take off the blinkers, step out of your bubble.
  14. Xazier Elder

You just proved Haldi right with his post earlier about you with this reply.
  15. mark Augur

i was talking about the people i play with skuz not what people post also you can call me a recycler all you want every 2nd friday i put a bin out with recycling in it.i play classic and the next few expansions until a new tlp comes out or i quit earlier like last year playing n e w w o r l d and i have been back to eq for a few months.
  16. mark Augur

skuz i played over the years with a lot of different guilds open world top guilds family guilds etc and the majority of people either box a few or many i cant recall a guild where boxing was banned.
    lets agree we will never see eye to eye,i will never change your mind and you will not change my mind.
    Gormgeous and Shuey like this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Then why say "wider community" ?

See below how this term will be interpreted by most people:

https://www.powerthesaurus.org/wider_community/synonyms

Perhaps this is you misunderstanding what the term "wider community" implies or it is deliberately misleading perhaps with the purpose of trying to support your desire by giving the illusion that a larger group of people agree with you than actually do in reality.

"TLP recycler" - obviously.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Please elaborate on how you arrived at this conclusion, if you can.
  19. mark Augur

Skuz you can be as technical as you want are you telling me the majority of people in the guilds you play on tlps with hate boxing and will not allow boxers on the raids ?
  20. I'm Not A Robot Lorekeeper

I just don't know who to side with here because I dislike everything that Skuz and Mark ever post on the forums both equally.
    Skuz likes this.