let there be a miracle,remove truebox.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Apr 28, 2022.

1. mark Augur

HI darkpaw, most people i have played with eq in the last 5 tlps box 2 or 3 charecters in group,most guilds i have been in warriors and most tanks box a cleric some even 6 or 12 box when we are doing splits .the more splits the faster keying for the raid force,epics john his doing his enchanter epic i have my lvl 55 mage or higher next to him or camped bang mob pops,john tells the guild mob spawned weport to nearest area we run and then get cothed if needed,so make the silent minority happy let us BOX ON 1 PC.
    regards your friendly australian mark.
  2. Mescar Lorekeeper

On a fresh TLP no. It's crazy enough getting everyone in with just 1 account. Why flood a server with everyone trying to fill out their box team. I myself like a 2 maybe 3 man crew, on 2 computers. The relaxed Truebox comes at a good time. Then you can have your army. Rizlona is still open since you are so big on boxing. Start up a new guild there and do your own style of progression. Then next year, voice you thoughts again and maybe they will put out a boxing Mischief server for you. WIth all the Krono kings swaming around you.
    Dragon Jockey and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  3. mark Augur

let there be a miracle let all the botters get banned.
  4. mark Augur

mescar i look foward to boxing with you like on thornblade and mischief.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

New servers have relaxed truebox. Give it 10 weeks and you can play 3 clients on 1 comp on Vaniki
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The rollout of Mischief and Thornblade, 2 servers at the same time saw mass login congestion. I think ALL rollouts should start truebox until there are no queues, then relax it to 3 per account via launcher.
  7. Triconix Augur

Were there many queues for M/TB? I don't recall seeing many complaints about it unlike Aradune which was riddled with 4-8 hour queues during launch. I distinctly remember having to set up my PC around midday in order to get a chance to play after work.

Edit: This is a total serious question because I'm curious. I never played on the servers so I don't know what their launches were like.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The first two weeks saw a lot, pretty much 24/7 the 1st week, more at peak US times, like 6 PM eastern through 9-10 PM pacific was a crapshoot vs the clock.

I think 10 weeks is excessive for relaxed. 3 days of no queue time seems more right. Let those who are going to anyway, get started on their setups. Those 2 and 3 boxers START groups more than LFG. Solo tank or healer, not so much. After a week or two the starting areas are empty again and the autokick script keeps the server unclogged during that time.
    Umul likes this.
  9. Umul Augur

I tried to like relaxed truebox. I dislike plugging in multiple PCs more. Maybe they'll take it off at like Kunark or something.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Boxing is not botting. Calling boxers botters is disingenuous rhetoric.
    Shuey and Kaenneth like this.
  11. Umul Augur

This 10000%.
  12. Zanarnar Augur

All I can do is smile at all these threads. Looks like Truebox works, and seems to solve the problem they wanted it to.

Here's an idea, make some friends and form up a regular group so you don't have to play this multiplayer game by yourself with your own little group. I know.. shocking.

Otherwise, grow up, stop whining about it and deal. Much like all the "my perfect tlp server" posts, these are wearing extremely thin. Personally I wish they'd keep truebox until the server transitions to live.

I bet we'd have a LOT less lag if everyone and their brother wasn't playing 3-6 characters, instead of just 1.
    Pizzanomicon and Legends like this.
  13. Umul Augur

I mean, the devs have acknowledged its detrimental to a TLP server after a certain point (they picked oow/tbs). So does it work really well?

Also I'd love to revisit this topic after whatever server you are on clears TSS.
  14. Mescar Lorekeeper

And alot less people in the end. WIth the vanillia server, Yelinak, it may have a good start, get through Velious just fine. But then the seasonal TLPers will start to disappear. Get through Luclin, more start to disappear. Get into PoP, you may see some come back, but then leave again. Soon another round of TLPs will be around the corner. DPG announces 'super mega' TLP for 2023. Yelinak becomes a ghost town. I hope I am wrong but looking at the past, I believe that is the path we have been on. And DPG will continue with. For then they get their bags and potion sells each year. Yes, I box when I am lfg, or just have a short time to play. But in the early expansions, it is not really needed with everyone around. Boxers will box no matter, people wanting truebox removed just want to be able to use their 3rd party software to box with. They think removing it they will get the advantage they want.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But the server also had logging in issues everytime an expansion launched, the login servers got hammered with players trying to get to the latest expansion and queues started again.

I'm don't think 10 weeks will be long enough for most TLP servers, I'm not even sure 10 weeks will be long enough for Vaniki, it will depend on the FAQ as to how many players are interested in the server when it hits. Omens on most of the other servers seems to be when things have calmed down a lot.
  16. Legends Elder

LOVE LIVE TRUEBOX
  17. Triconix Augur

I do. However, my friends aren't clones of myself with the same exact playtimes, schedule, real life situation(s), timezone, etc. We aren't always aligned when it comes to availability to play so then what? Oh, conveniently there is a thing called boxing which allows people to accomplish or enjoy the game on their own time when their other friends aren't around, especially when playing a character that cannot reliably solo like multiple classes in the game.

Shocking, I know, that people would like to play a game they paid for without external restraints which they cannot control.

What a self-centered, high-horse post by yourself. Grow up.
    Kaenneth and code-zero like this.
  18. Zanarnar Augur

Well lets see, one of us wants to play within the rules defined by the company who runs/owns the game.
    One of us doesn't and wants to change the rules to suite their personal play style.

Think on those last 2 sentences and then tell me who is being self-centered.
    Legends likes this.
  19. Triconix Augur

Companies should always listen to the majority of their consumers. It's obvious and evidenced there was enough enthusiasm to change the truebox format with the latest servers. DPG assuredly analyzed a multitude of things and decided it was favorable in regards to player enjoyment and revenue stream to relax restrictions. So at the very least, DPG has finalized that truebox eventually becomes a net negative for their and their players. It seems pretty obvious that you and the other troll in this thread are in the minority in thinking restrictive truebox limits are the best.

Furthermore, it's good business acumen to review the rest of their game, servers, and rules, and modify appropriately based on the voice of their consumers - literally the people who are paying for their service, which is exactly what Accendo said they were doing. Again, more evidence proving that truebox potentially hurts everyone more than it benefits.

I never said I want to change the rules of Yelinak, which is what OP is requesting, but there is an obvious large audience (subs) which enjoy unlimited boxing as seen with Rizlona so it would only serve to benefit both the community and DPG's bank account to release another one [unlimited boxing server] in the future.
    Umul and code-zero like this.
  20. Triconix Augur

I'd like to add, if you truly feel restrictive truebox rules are the best option available, you dam well better be the first to line up, promote and condone fundamental design changes to the game. You cannot have strict boxing rules and severe class imbalance during the most populous eras of the game. DPG would need to find a way to make the game accessible to all solo classes.

You simply cannot further exasperate an already awful design in the game by piling on even more external dependencies to those who play a class not suited to operate on their own IE not only do classes like rogues, warriors, etc require more than themselves to do just about anything worthwhile, you now are forcing them to constantly have to seek out other individuals to accomplish anything in the game while people who simply decide to play classes like mages and necros can run along playing a single RPG in a multiplayer world.
    [IMG]
    Kaenneth likes this.