Kronos. Umm. What?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trizek, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taliefer Augur

bulk krono buyers dont stop buying because the price is so cheap. 3, 4, 5k, these are trivial amounts to obtain if you are dedicated to doing so. especially if they box a full group or more.
    Simone likes this.
  2. Arya1 Lorekeeper

Again, it is in the best interest of bulk krono buyers to pay the least amount of plat, not the most. That is, if someone is buying up krono in bulk at basically any price, it means that they have unlimited plat because it doesn't matter to them whether the price is 5k or 8k.

Even if you have 500k, why would you want to spend that on 100 krono when you could get 150 Krono? You don't. Unless you have unlimited plat where any price is not an issue.
  3. taliefer Augur

because its not worth the time haggling over a minuscule amount of plat? i dont haggle with people when i buy items for this exact reason.
  4. code-zero Augur

I think that you're not paying attention to what's really happening. When someone is at level 10~20 and struggling to scrape up enough plat to get a foothold in trade skills or needs some gear just to manage to keep up in the content they should be looking forward to then 2k for a Krono is a godly amount of plat. However now with players having gotten basic trade skill ups, decent mid level gear and what not they aren't as inclined to purchase Krono for their real world cash and sell in game for the same rates.

Despite boasts by some of having 100's of Krono every Krono in game will be consumed where the amount of plat will continue to increase.

It's actually silly to think that somehow you'd be able to feed you Krono habit with an afternoon worth of farming once a month
    Simone likes this.
  5. Arya1 Lorekeeper

If someone is paying over 1k per krono over the market price and trying to buy 100, that means they're willing to pay 100k extra on top of the fact that they know the future price will increase to above what they pay for. If 100k is chump change to someone then that's obviously a red flag.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

It's in the best interest of someone who farms plat at (x) rate per hour to buy as much as possible as long as the price seems cheap vs. the time to farm that plat.

Knowing full well that the price of the krono will always grow in value dependent on the more plat coming into the system.
  7. taliefer Augur

it is. im trying to say, the difference between 3k and 5k to the people who can mass buy kronos is almost non existent.
  8. Arya1 Lorekeeper

No one farms plat like that, and i know 3 different 18 mage boxers. I'm sorry it's just farfetched.
    Frenzic likes this.
  9. Arya1 Lorekeeper

There is absolutely no camp in game that guarantees a certain plat rate per hour. Hill giants are variable. Farming hate, gems are variable. Nameds obviously are variable.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Well then that's tough luck for you and them... lol
  11. Berret Journeyman

Hey, thanks a lot. I'll give that a try.
  12. Lateryn Augur

While frenzic likes to portray the "Good guy", he's not.

I see him spam on ragefire @ 3.5k. I know he has a pretty big box army and tons of krono(he's bragged about this on other forums). So he's buying korno @.3.5k(If he's telling the truth at all), then turning around and selling for 4-5k on both ragefire and even higher on LJ.
  13. taliefer Augur

glad to help~ just dont ignore the other mobs, almost all of them have one drop that sells for 2g, but are more rare. these are all level 1 to 6 mobs.just loot everything and sell it, it should add up quick.

save the bone chips to sell to players. a stack of 100 sells for about 50 plat on lockaw currently. ragefire was about the same last i saw.
  14. Frenzic Augur

Oh you :rolleyes:
  15. Sinzz Augur

think about this the higher they go less chance you will see all those mage armys you folks despise so much .. logic strikes you but misses ... you still die!
  16. Lateryn Augur

Those mage armies have hundreds of krono already. They can keep their 18+ accounts going for years.
  17. Sinzz Augur

baagh that's just speculation
  18. RainbowTest Augur

That is 1000% true sadly. We got gouged so bad at the start of the servers :( and so many returning casuals were just ambushed and tricked by this krono gimmick. Anything to keep up they thought, and now those mage armies are here for a long time.
  19. Simone Augur

Not true at all. There are a number of places in the game where there are mobs with 100% drop rates of items you can sell.
  20. Arya1 Lorekeeper

Nothing with thousands per plat per hour basis, no.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.