Kronos. Umm. What?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trizek, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainbowTest Augur

Just wait till the 11th to buy or sell anything on LJ we have a ton of lamer RF vendors trying to gouge badly.
  2. Arya1 Lorekeeper

there is a plat dupe or exploit going around, only way to explain it.
  3. taliefer Augur

My point is the general player base of both servers were severely undervaluing krono for a long long time. There were going for under 500 plat for quite some time. That was just nuts.

Buying a full months game time for literally a half hour of work in game? Insanity.

People are trying to compare krono to standard in game item prices. That really shouldn't be happening. They are a special case
    rick, Simone and code-zero like this.
  4. Jaxarale01 Augur

You are forgetting that krono were 500 when 500 was a lot of pp. The first week of the server (at least on LJ) there wasn't but one person in my guild that had 500.

Ya at max level 500 takes no time but by then they were over 1k.
  5. Asheran Augur

That doesn't increase the total supply of platinum. That is arbitrage, and would have brought the price of kronos on each server to the same point (which would be some point between the two prices).

What we are seeing is the price of Kronos inflating, on both servers, at an unprecedented rate. This is far beyond what market manipulation can accomplish...

There is a plat dupe, and Daybreak needs to find it fast.
  6. Banuvan Augur

Even if there is one and they find it and fix it the damage has been done. Recovery will be interesting to watch if it's at all possible.
  7. Asheran Augur

Btw, my guess is that someone figured out a way to use the rollbacks to dupe gems. Ive heard of some people trading items before a crash / rollback, and then after the rollback they had the item back, and so did the person they traded it to.

If someone were to figure out the exact mechanics to make this happen, they could buy a few stacks of gems, setup their dupe, and wait. Each crash would double the total number of gems (or more, if it is possible to do this between multiple characters at once).

After a number of crashes, and dupes, they could have full iventories of 10 slot bags filled with gems.
  8. Banuvan Augur

I don't think there is a dupe or anything else. I think that people saw the HUGE loopholes and the potential to abuse those loopholes and they are doing just that.
    Simone likes this.
  9. Mabbu-EQ Elder

I had two offers to buy my 20 kronos for 110k last night.

That's 5,500pp per Krono. The offers all came from people who put the money in trade and were hitting accept. I declined, this is clearly a result of not only inflation, but a massive platinum exploit. Gas prices don't even jump up this rapidly when they are unstable.

Fix it Daybreak, before its too late.
    Fallfyres and ImSorryButIHadTo like this.
  10. taliefer Augur

by the first week of the server i had 1500 plat on my necro without trying hard. hell i left the qeynos noobie yard with close to 100 plat on a newb just by the time he made level 6.

yes, maybe the average person did not have that much plat, but im not an outlier. plenty of people had that much plat, and alot quicker than i did.

Kronos were bound to skyrocket sooner or later, im surprised it wasnt sooner.

however, with what happened to lockjaw with that whole became a live server for a bit, i wouldnt be surprised if people got to PoK and bought bags of platinum, put it in the shared bank, and kept it.
    Simone likes this.
  11. Tudadar Augur

This last week has been a disaster. Anyone have any ideas for them to fix what happened since they want players to do all the work?
  12. Jaxarale01 Augur

In box me! I had 24 plat total for my 3 box at level 5 when i left qyenos... i must be doing something seriously wrong!
  13. Asheran Augur

Gotta save those rusty weapons and watch for skellies with cracked staves :D
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Then you have no idea how econ works.... plat dupe lol....
  15. taliefer Augur

apparently ;p gopher snakes, rats, and bats all drop stackable items that sell for a bit over 2 gold. thats on top of the other stuff like rat fur and bat wings. skeletons can as well, but its a rarer drop.
  16. Arya1 Lorekeeper

Kronos weren't severely undervalued. Yes it doesn't take long to make money if you have 6+ box group, but for individual /new players (I suspect the majority of people who actually buy Kronos) it takes significantly longer to make the plat to twink or camp the items.

No one was saying that kronos won't go up, but the way they are going up makes no sense. The demand has not increased to justify the severe increase. Why would someone pay over 1k to essentially overcut what other people are paying for a krono ? There is no logic in that. It is in the buyers interest to pay the lowest for something not 1k above the asking price. There is no logic or justification for this.
  17. Arya1 Lorekeeper

lol. i can afford them but you have to be stupid to pay more for something that you dont need to.
  18. Sebbina Augur

There are many honest ways to make plat, kill mobs to loot stuff sell to NPC merchants, kill mobs to loot stuff sell some of the loots to others who process it for resale, kill mobs to loot stuff to process for sale. If you don't know what loot is valuable for processing, then your options are limited, it will take time to learn for newer folk (not quite so much for long ago players). If you have been playing live and are sharp on trade skills, particularly old low level ones you have a serious edge. If you know where tradable gear drops and can farm it, there is plat to be made, but, probably contested.
    Cheats is another story and i don't know how any of them work, however, DBG should be looking in to that.
  19. Tudadar Augur

I think people are wondering where those people with so much plat were a week ago when prices were half of what they are now.
    Arya1 likes this.
  20. Arya1 Lorekeeper

Read the posts in the thread before you make a comment. There is absolutely no logical explanation for someone offering over 1k the current asking price.
  21. Arya1 Lorekeeper

Except the difference in krono price between LJ to RF was a mere 500 p, if that. So, you're wrong again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.