Kronos. Umm. What?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trizek, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tudadar Augur

So what exactly did you think the difference in krono price was? We would love to hear it. Anyways it probably wouldnt hurt to investigate this guys account/IP.
  2. Zurd Lorekeeper

Apparently it does even though I've seen people talking openly in chat about using the free transfers to move back and forth buying low and selling high. Like if you could instantly port to a 3rd world country to pick up stock with no freight charge and magically transport it back to the first world to sell for megabucks multiple times a day. Shocked that people would capitalize on such an unanticipated opportunity.

Sigh. Depressing
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. Pinto_Bean Augur

I mean that is so true but if 1000 people were dong the same thing, the prices would only even out but not spike up to almost 2x the higher country's price.
    The only people buying Krono right now are buying it in absolutely massive amounts and hardly anyone else is actually buying Krono.
  4. Arya1 Lorekeeper

Duped plat is the only logical explanation as of course they want to offload all of their duped plat as soon as possible so they're willing to pay basically any price. Krono price on both servers are the same now over 5k. So any person who thinks anyone is making money from going back and forth now is just wrong.
  5. Jaxarale01 Augur

Lol... it must of been spells and clothes for 3... nothing uglier than naked Erudite casters!!!
  6. Berret Journeyman

May I ask what exactly can be camped/farmed to make 5k? Hell, the largest drops I've seen are from hill giants. So is that what you're referring to? And I ask because, I'm a level 41 druid and I have 500p to my name, and will probably never be able to afford a Krono. I've never had more than 1k, much less 5.
  7. taliefer Augur

was planes of power unlocked when that bug hit lockjaw?

if so, and the loyalty vendor was up in POK, its possible a whole lot of plat entered lockjaw that way.

i still think its just the skyrocket of krono prices ive been waiting on, but i wont discount the ability more plat entered the server with the lockjaw server bug.
    Simone and ImSorryButIHadTo like this.
  8. taliefer Augur

hill giants, sea furies, guards in multiple towns. some classes have an easier time than others, but there are no shortage of mages or necros on this server, the best for mass farming plat currently.

also i havent done it because it would be mind numbingly dull, but the qeynos newbie yard would probably be a good mass killing. the snakes and rats each have drops that stack and sell for 2gold. its not uncomon for a single gopher snake to drop a plat worth of vendor trash. considering these are low level mobs with a fast respawn, id imagine in a half hour doing a mindless slaughter a level 41 druid could make 100 plat easy.
    Simone likes this.
  9. Korillo Augur

Demand for kronos goes up around the beginning of the month as well, as many box accounts were made a week or 2 after the server launched once people started to realize just how good having a mage army could be.
    Simone likes this.
  10. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

There is no need for plat dupes to increase krono price.
    Plat is getting more and more. Then you create a peak in demand, if you have many new peeps transfer to Lockjaw. And that over the end of the month.
    Players see that prices increase and jump onto that boat. They buy at higher prices, considering it better to buy now for a high price than buy in some days for even higher prices. This sparpens the situation even more and a hype is created.
    The new krono price check is 5k+ now and it will stay there even when transfers are closed.
    And end of august it will be easily 7k.
    Simone likes this.
  11. HionKrak New Member

I have made enough plat through JC that I was able to invest in quite a number of krono. Seeing the spike in prices over the weekend I tried to buy some krono and found people really reluctant to sell to anyone who was buying multiple. So people started offering ridiculous prices. People who box or have a lot of plat to burn weren't horribly affected by this but anyone trying to buy one for a single account was. I heard so many times that people were false advertising and not really buying but I was only offered very few krono and none really in bulk. Everybody assumes that if you are buying numerous krono you are either boxing 20 accounts or are RMT the krono, this is definitely not the case.

I have now decided to hold off on krono to see what happens in the next week and have begun to buy other items that should see their values increase with upcoming expansions. I you have played through previous TLP and have done any kind of item research you can make a ton of money by never leaving the tunnel.
  12. Frenzic Augur

I've bought 5 krono at 3.5k today on Ragefire. Prices are artificially inflated. Stick to your guns and you will have normal prices again.
  13. Pinto_Bean Augur

You heavily implied in the other thread that there is a dupe but in this thread you detract from it. Interesting...
    Yes I can see these Krono prices being quite inflated but there is something else going on along with that. Some people are truly buying Krono for 1k-1.5k over market value and sometimes even more! These people are buying mass quantities of krono too. Someone who saves over 100k or over 400k platinum is not going to be completely irresponsible with their platinum and they are not going to buy Krono which is already inflated for 1-1.5k over the inflated price. That just never happens.
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Unless they think krono is under-priced currently and would rather hedge their plat inside kronos rather than sit in a bank gaining zero value.

If you have for instance 100 krono banked and the current value is 3k, your worth = 300k
    You have an additonal 150k in plat from whatever..... total net-worth = 450k

You start buying every krono at 4k for another 37 krono which brings you to 137 krono.....
    You effort gets other people buying and the price reaches 4.3k let's say....

Now you total net-worth on 137 krono is 137 x 4.3 = 589k greater than your original net worth to start....
  15. Arya1 Lorekeeper

Unless someone has unlimited plat that they need to get rid off quickly, no one in their right mind would offer several thousand over the market value. To do so voluntarily is pure idiocy hence the belief in a plat dupe.
  16. code-zero Augur

Krono's were undervalued for far too long, 5k is probably too cheap
    Simone likes this.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ya they do if they think the price is going to keep climbing....
    If you didn't take advantage oh well. Not everyone could.
  18. Pinto_Bean Augur

Yes, I understand your concept you are trying to convey that you raising the price of krono raises your net worth. The trick of the whole thing is you buying 37 Krono isn't going to do it. It would have to be a massive amount of people doing it and a massive investment to raise the price of krono permanently. It wouldn't be worth it at all. You buying krono at 4.3K doesn't mean everyone is suddenly going to start following suit and buying it at the same price. no way.
  19. Arya1 Lorekeeper

Except you forgot to take into account one thing. Let's say someone is buying up kronos for 4k when the going price is 3k. Even if they sell it all for 5k one day later, all the profit they made would be mitigated by the increase in krono price which would also increase to 5k. Bulk krono buyers don't just stop buying krono.. so anyone who thinks this is the result of someone trying to make a quick buck is flat out wrong.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Never said it took just 37, was just giving an easy example.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.