Is it time for DGB to admit they don't care about AFK Bots?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arraden, Jan 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arraden Augur

For about three weeks now, there's been an AFK bot farm group on AB server.

A number of people have reported the use of third party programme and AFK behaviour.
    Yet nothing seems to be being done about it. The character is still at the same spot in Mearastas - which, honestly is quite clearly a bot farmers wet dream - continuous named spawning in a row.

The person was kill stealing anyone already at the camp, and again, nothing done about it.

Please just admit that it's fine and we can all start doing it.
  2. Dewey Augur

In before lock.

Really dude. I don't want to AFK play(that's not playing) it sounds like you want to do it. It is possible the person has you on ignore. With your post I can understand why the person has you on ignore.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Arraden Augur

... or maybe sarcasm ...
  4. Monkman Augur

Choo choo
    Thrillho, Chaldene93, Axxius and 2 others like this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Nothing more fun than watching AFK botters go down because their script can't handle trains.
    Tatanka likes this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This particular lot deleveled to 109 over the course of 6 hours last weekend......AEs in that zone are so large, not the other groups fault this lot got on agro.
  8. NeverPayForLag Augur

If this is really a botter then kick him. Mearatas camp should be for everybody once in a while. Sadly the pickzone does not work the same ;)

And if somebody cannot answer to a OCC, then something is wrong either. Don't send "tell" because a boxers sometimes cannot always handle every toon with answers. But OCC or if no answer is there then "shout" should be always possible. So you see if they only have much endurance in camping or if it is a pure botter.

I personally don't care if botters camp on spots only for ultrarare or for xp where nobody else is disturbed. In that way we have the chance to buy an ultrarare if we have not the endurance to wait for a drop. But the Mearatas camp is special.

The other side is that enough people are envious if the spot is permacamped. I got it with simply asking the guys when they are done so that I get a tell and have also the chance for some drops. That is working always.

So simply ask them.... but in OOC/shout, not in "tell".
    Communication is "trump".
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I know this is something you don't want to hear but if DBG is unable to verify that they are afk when they go to check because they always respond to the gm's there is not a lot they can do.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Nniki Augur

People sadly have that automated as well these days. (various forms of CC, camp check, etc. that is)
  11. Febb Augur

You can figure out they are a bot by asking them the camp check and then follow up with another question. If they don't follow up the non camp questions but always answer camp checks, then yep they are a bot.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Dewey Augur

Sadly, maybe they don't want to answer the other question. That is not proof. That is just proof in your eyes.

The best way to tell is to train them(I wouldn't start with training them as an AFK check, but it would be funny.)

"Hey man why did you train me?"

"Don't worry it was just an afk check..."

After enough trains if they rez up and are now level 109 trying to kill mobs. then they are afk and will just delevel more.
  13. Febb Augur

That's why you ask multiple times. I can easily tell if it's a bot just observing the behavior of the group and by seeing how long it takes them to answer. If they answer in the same amount of time, everytime after asking multiple times, it's usually a script. You can easily tell this by turning on timestamps.
  14. Dewey Augur

I suggest after doing what you mentioned and thinking it is a bot. You should always follow this up with a train and my suggestion to confirm your thought.
  15. Intenso Augur

They suspended friend for training afk bots
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

A lot of people assuming that people regularly watch OOC and what not. It's rather easy to completely miss such things depending on how your chat is filtered, and if you are just killing a specific 2-5 mobs with 10-15+ min respawn timers. Add in group, guild, and chat channels going; it is not hard at all for people to miss such messages. At the same time, it is very easy for people to simply shift up and repeat identically every time someone does a camp check. In the end none of the suggestions in this thread prove in any way whether or not someone is afk camping.
    Prepared and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

If they're there for days on end, they're AFK camping.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Well just because someone else is breaking the rules doesn't mean it is okay to break the rules in response.
  19. ~Mills~ Augur

Intentionally training someone repeatedly is against the rules as much as afk play. But being a very bad puller is something else entirely.
    Mintalie and Daedly like this.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Another answer: Bring more DPS than they have. EQ states there are no camps, so whoever kills it gets the loot.

I always respect camps, but, I'm sorry, expecting to hold a camp for days is just unreasonable.
    code-zero likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.