Is it time for DGB to admit they don't care about AFK Bots?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arraden, Jan 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arraden Augur

Fully aware of who.
  2. Mortalis New Member

So you "suspected" he was AFK botting and now you're saying he isn't, you filed a report to GM and he's untouched. Provided GM did verify he wasn't AFK, he didn't breach any rule in game.

Perhaps you should let it go? He might not be able to sell the TS item because of reputation (which I doubt, consider they are still in high demand) but as more information unfold, it seems that you are holding a grudge against something nobody cares except for the entertainment value.
  3. Arraden Augur

No, no where in my comment did I say he wasn’t AFK - he was camped for 50hours at the same place with a repeitive script doing the exact same things over and over - your reading comprehension has gotten worse (-1).

He has clearly become wise - probably after he found himself being trained and dead. So now he’s in and out of the game, clearly ensuring he’s close to the keyboard. Also likely after being made aware of this thread - so it’s served part of its purpose.

This ain’t a grudge either sweets, I just want botters to get booted. Wherever and whoever they may be.

Also... setup a new account to post on forums, today?? Just post on here??
    /farewell
  4. Mortalis New Member

So you condemned him being there for days and endorsed training? While he did the manual recording?

Yes, new username just to enjoy the backfire.

Have fun sinking into your grudge. I'm sure there are better things to do and the "botter" has moved on
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You're sure? As in, you went and verified? Or just pulling it out of you @$$?
  6. Lance1 New Member

I have no doubt there might be an afk botter at mearatas. One of the latest threads at the site that shall remain unnamed even has a thread dedicated to farming mearatas.
    The reality is that if DBG doesn't do something about the use of this software, these types of things are going to get worse and worse (even moreso than now).
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Silly question (because I don't own TBL, and have never use the feature), but, does the zone in question support the /pick command? Can people just get a different copy of the zone to hunt in, since this tool keeps the camp tied up for days?
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I am curious as to how you know he was at the same spot for 50 hours? I have had people accuse me of this in the past and the reality is we just had the same playing time and I was in an area for several days farming. I was not logged in for several days but over the span of several days from hours x-y I was grinding and to be honest once you have pulled the same mobs over and over again even I begin to question if I am a robot. I am not disputing that this individual is a bot but I am curious how you can confirm their actual playing time in one spot unless you sat there for 50 hours and witnessed it?
  9. Vdidar Augur

Just playing devils advocate here and no I’m not on AB and don’t know anything about either player but who’s to say he was ark from that video?
  10. NeverPayForLag Augur

Does not work. It is not the same.

The spot gets named all 20-30min. Always. The pickzone does not do it - it has the error that nothing respawns in the center. This is /bug'ed so far and it will get nerfed in the future or the pickzone hopefully corrected. Besides you need appropriate crewpower to get a pickzone spawning and the Mubhis are dropping horribly rare, Trials are much faster.. normally. Today no trial got any single Mubhi.. must be a bad day...

Btw., some groups formed for a DPS race. One group said they got 10 kills in a row victorious over the "bot crew". He quitted after that, but only to jump in as the next crew took the camp. He KS'ed the first spawn but like nowadays rules - DPS wins (sad, I am used a different approach on AB and the play nice style - hopefully some are still left using the old "unwritten" rules and manners).

But nevertheless his crew is easily beaten by a raid equipped crew and a bigger raid crew.

So if somebody has the nerve to get a bit "PVP"-Feeling light - then try your luck if you are faster than his combo ;)

For me it is a bit too much action...
  11. Vdidar Augur

But I thought he out did the best dps on the server?
  12. NeverPayForLag Augur

Who claimed that?
    I was there and talked to the guys. They out-DPSed him easily.
    Peltier likes this.
  13. Laronk Augur

How do you AFK and sell loot rights? To sell loot rights he must be at the keyboard to communicate the price and haggle with people.

You can accuse him of selling loot rights or being afk farming but this isn't Firona Vie that we're talking about so he can't really do both at the same time.

As far as the ooc stuff I often don't respond to camp checks anymore, camp checks in a busy zone can get annoying. I don't respond to tells from people I don't like either

Multi quote but im too lazy to go find it again since its on another page
    https://puu.sh/CDQYH/c7aba3593a.png

If a "bot" is Killing much faster than some of the best DPS on the server then those are not the "best" on the server. Just because you play in a raid guild doesn't make you good, some fully raid geared berserkers can actually be beaten by berserkers in conflag just because the raiding zerker sucks
  14. NeverPayForLag Augur

They bring less than 1M. The one crew I talked to had around 1M with raid equipment, the other crew had more, around 1,5M.

I don't know what the best DPS crew on this server is, no clue. But 1M for a group sounds impressive to me. My max was around 850k and that seems a pretty crappy number compared to raid people.
  15. Xezzt New Member

I have run into this guy lately. In Empyr and Mearatas
    We were farming middle of Mearatas, and he calmly came in and set up camp on top of us, literally, and then started attacking as we were pulling mobs/nameds. We out DPSed him a few times, but eventually he got a kill. He never said a word or anything to us.
    Whatever tools he uses, I'm not going to venture a guess. From what I've seen, and from his comments here, it seems he enjoys being an a**hole though. He will be treated as such when my group come across him, but legally, of course. He is not worth a suspension.
    In an everyday grind, it might be fun hunting him down and taking his mobs for a few hours. I like a little bit of adrenaline, one of the few things I miss from (Rallos)Zek.
  16. Vdidar Augur

Someone in this thread claimed botters were out dpsing the best dps on the server. It wasn’t you but your post gave it context.
  17. Arraden Augur

SO
    I have a series of tells from two people, in said top guild on AB, who noted two things:
    One, a group of them found it difficult to out DPS.
    Two, the bot group had been able to kill one of the named (at least) in very rapid time - the video shows around one minute - it was quicker than this.
    Three, a group geared Bot Group Making it difficult for a raid geared group from the top guild on a server should not suggest that the challenging group is poorly skilled... the opposite in fact.
    The Bot Group is clearly optimised in the auto-clicks to ensure constant burn. And the suggestion that just because they're in a top guild doesn't make them the best... they wouldn't be in the guild.

The video posted, taken by the botter, is interesting - able to control 6 characters, in one screen while moving camera angles. Or has everyone missed the obvious with that?

And of course, him taking a video while not AFK does not mean that he hasn't been AFK botting, it's inconsequential. Just because you don't see a murderer holding a knife after they've stabbed someone to death, doesn't mean they didn't do it - that's what corroborating evidence is for.
  18. Funk Augur

Hmm why does it say LDR after one of the players names in the corner? I have never seen that before and I play with names visible, is there some option I don't know about that shows who the group leader is after the players name? Yeah that was sarcasm. And I'm 100% certain I have seen those exact same names botting on another server. Bristlebane or FV down by Praetor Garly back before TBL was out.

It's funny how many defend this automation. Maybe because they fear losing it?
  19. NeverPayForLag Augur

I had the exact same thing. I got the camp from the one before - he called me when he left - I simply asked the guy for that. Nobody else was in the zone. I set up fellowship, buffed up and named popped. Suddenly the named rushed into us and we started to fight him, until we discovered that behind us the "chinese" group pulled the named into our group. No answer, no ooc/cc no shout, nothing. He then simply waited for the next pop. No respect for a camp. Exact same configuration, exact the same places, the same way. I give a damn on his effective automation because the most in EQ use their tools to box to a certain extend even if they always shine holy here. But this guy simply makes a DPS race ninjastyle without the usual AB-manners. So he deserves the same treatment and I assume he wants to have that PVP playing style and for some it may be fun.

I can live without that camp as long as /pickzone works because I need to do that darn relic raider key for a bunch of toons. But a minimum respect should be there and that makes AB a nice server. Being an evil SK is a cheap excuse for that. I can also have my excuses to behave rude in that.. easy.. have some SK and DEs too. In the future I will simply out-DPS him if there is the need for it or try to do it :p . But mostly I will avoid that area. There are other parts which bring more fun than sitting in front of the system, looking at the clock to be able to react in spawn time and try to be faster then an automated bot script - even it is a challenge and a bit fun to try it for a couple of times for academical testing purposes ;)

But others would be happy to get a chance on that camp for some hours for sure too - and for some more respect and manners...
    Pirlo and Arraden like this.
  20. Ceffener Augur

5 chars sitting in a corner and you cast spells with keybinds while moving the camera on a main? Not exactly hard without “botting”, IS yes.

^ Atleast knows how to actually find features unique to .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.