Is eqzerker still active?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by The_Kras_Man, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Tolzol Augur

Well your friend got access before you even started this without a magelo. The magelo is for those that want full access so i know they are a raider. But feel free to continue making your self look like an idiot I’m done repeating myself.
  2. Behelit Augur

Ya since a magelo proves the toon actually exists. You can't manually fill in AA anymore so if a magelo has max AA we know its a real toon. Its pretty easy to make up a random name "Axemasta" and claim to be "Antonius" and since I don't play there I'm just supposed to take them at their word that its a real zerker? Ya no chance in hell, magelo clears all that up.

Call me paranoid all you want, thats the easiest and most effective detection/confirmation method I've found.
  3. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I know right...I mean how many times does a self admitted "a-hole" have to repeat that or should repeat it? I mean fo realz bruh :D
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I honestly, didn't realize that any class site that was still around actually had restricted access to anything. I thought those restrictions had went away like 10-12 years ago (if not more) back when it became clear that Raid content was not going to be something that could be blocked anymore. I never had any issues without even having an account getting around and finding raid content on all the other sites back then, and they were all still very active. But then, I'm a monk, the class where the site with such restrictions died and the one without them thrived.
  5. Tolzol Augur

It’s restricted because parses get posted on that side occasionally. We aren’t leaving that open for everyone to see and try to get us nerfed over some off the wall parse like has happened in the past. Any info about how to play the class is on the other side of the forum for everyone. Yes you still have to sign up and request access but anyone that does so gets access to that section. It doesn’t necessarily need to be that way but meh it gives people more of a chance to ask questions if needed since they would already be signed in and i don’t see why it’s such a big deal to register for the site if you will be using it. Literally takes no time at all to do so.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If the reason is the parse excuse, then that's really just paranoia. The same kinds of parses have regularly been posted on the Monk and other forums without such nerfs come coming to pass. The nerfs in the past happened because things were too good, now that doesn't mean that those nerfs did not go too far the other way, but that is another matter entirely.

Registering for the site to see stuff, ok; a bit odd, but ok. Though, I don't see how the method you describe gives anyone more of a chance to ask questions if needed. If the person wanted to ask a question they would make an account and ask it; if they just wanted to get the info they would just read it and go. Honestly, where you host your boards is more of an impediment to people having a chance to ask questions than them not already having an account when they are looking at what is now the less restricted portion of your site.

Now, having to give out info about your character just to see stuff and be able to read the basics, that is a bit much if you ask me. I don't see any point in it, if anything I see it as a rather big thing to discourage someone from taking part and asking questions.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  7. Tolzol Augur

It’s not my site i just help run it. I put info up and give people access. If having to register is discouraging you from wanting to learn how to play a zerker better that is 100% on the user and not us. Your more likely to post if your already signed in to see the info is what i was getting at. It doesn’t have to be that way for that half of the boards i do agree but it’s not my site to make that change and i also don’t see why it’s such a big deal at all. And if it’s that big of a deal (based on number of people that have registered I’m assuming it’s not as big a deal as you two are making it to be) someone else is more than welcome to make their own zerker forums and I’ll contribute there also if they want.

I will talk with behelit and see about possibly opening that section to everyone, without needing to register, once we are done with the TLP (guides) part of it but there’s no promises of that happening.

But for the “raider” section of the board, there’s nothing any of y’all can say to make me think that side should be open to everyone. You can call it paranoia but as there’s not many zerkers left due to repeated nerfs over the years we will not contribute to it happening more. You can call that paranoia all you want but outside of obvious needed nerfs (disconcerting during EOK and the augmented frenzy nerf in ROF and hell I’ll even toss in the scarlet cheetah fang working for our Dichotomic during TBM) most are done based off crazy off the wall parses and usually are overkill when they happen. This is not a zerker specific issue but like i said we aren’t going to contribute to it happening again nor do i care what other classes do. It will remain blocked off to those that don’t have access to it. It contains nothing a non raider would need at all so there’s no reason to make it open to all.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Tanols Augur

Or the stagnation of a class or class ability because it is unique to that class. I know that in recent years class stagnation is due as much to developer time restrictions as anything else. It is however also due to player base feed back.