Is corpse banking allowed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by R2D Hugs, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Galdous Augur

Sadly cheating is a part of our every day culture and everyone cheating seems to be the new version of fair play. Have to size in the danger of official punishment vs gain of rewards for taking a gamble. If you are shooting for server first and did not use the corpse method then your play it safe did not pay off. It is already done with so imo I guess focus on god onward for your victories.

Only when the rules are ironclad enforced will people have second thoughts of using questionable of illicit means. Until then the mind-set is whether or not to roll the dice and use tricks/third party programs and or exploits. There are quite a few M@#$%% users that I have reported for but as of now maybe a 10th of them have been punished. Enjoy the game and move on imo.
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

Were any of the people who leveled using the Bone Chips de-leveled or punished in any way?
  3. Foop New Member

Were they told before they did it that it was unintended and would not be allowed but did it anyway?
  4. MaxTheLion Augur

I'm unsure what you're trying to say, Foop.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

EQ is all about exploiting and getting away with as much as possible.
    Does anyone really think that is not the case?

Let me point you to every TLP made and all the exploits and people who exploited who never get banned.
    Funky Cheese likes this.
  6. Foop New Member

I don't believe that's true but DBG sets the precedent and not anything that I (we) think. Lets see what DBG thinks of their subscribers, give them a chance.
  7. Bixiepop New Member

I'm confused here, maybe someone can explain this to me. How is this different from the claim fuckup, previously happening on Phinigel?

I mean DBG never warned against using the exploit of the claim bug, in fact you stayed quiet up until 1 hour before you closed down the claim system, and after that announced that everyone using it would be punished, even if they used it way before your announcement, even way before your "warning"

So you're telling me that it's okay to exploit, as long as you've not been given a warning for cheating, yet if enough learn about the exploit then it's not "fair" to cheat anymore? Is it the degree of exploitation that dictates if you actually care to do anything about it, or is it the amount of people that exploit? Or is it a group of players, on the server, that's permitted to cheat only?

Please enlighten me, apparently I don't understand how your ethical understanding works.
  8. taliefer Augur

dont try to understand DBG logic, i am absolutely convinced they make decisions via dartboard. this dart obviously landed on a black line and the interpretation was different depending on who looked at it.
  9. Funky Cheese New Member

What is even more funny is that even though it was being "discussed", the results of that discussion are not mentioned. What was determined? What is the rule going forward. As long as your corpses don't interfere with gameplay, it isn't endorsed, but nor is it illegal. What does that even mean?

So even in this response no additional information is available. The point of an update is to add clarity. What was clarified? There are11 pages of comments here but if GoD opened tomorrow, no one would know the stance on this tactic, beyond what is currently understood.
  10. Illusory Augur

There was no clarity, she only stated, 'they don't endorse corpse banking.'

In the eyes of a cheater, this essentially reads, 'as long as corpse banking doesn't affect the population overall or the overall population isn't corpse banking... We'll turn a blind eye to it.'
    svann and Funky Cheese like this.
  11. TarewMarrForever Augur

Translation:

The CS team understood me perfectly, and I meant what I said. What was not expected was the STORM of emails / tweets / etc. from AoS (literally 200+), with many players threatening various things if we didn't allow this to stand on such short notice. As it turns out, the NEED to be the first justifies terrible actions, it seems.

Now, even though ANY infant can see this is an exploit and unintended gameplay, as EVIDENCED by the fact that we REMOVED it from live servers ages ago, we decided to play it safe and not piss off the biggest guild on the most successful server. So, we went the safe route, and decided to not do this.This time.

You see, placing the blame on miscommunication saves more face than making a spineless decision to circumvent the threat of others. Some would call that bowing to terrorism. I call it playing it safe. Either way, we get our cake and eat it too. Yay for smart business decisions. For the vast majority of you who would have enjoyed a race to 65 and raid firsts on a level playing field WITHOUT THE USE OF EXPLOITS OR UNINTENDED GAMEPLAY, yeah, you lose sorry. Maybe next time you organize a campaign of harassment and threats against us and we'll listen to you instead.

Oh, and one more thing, mea culpa for not announcing this a week ago, when it would have mattered, and should have been done. Or 9 months ago when people were doing it for Kunark. Then everybody would have won. Oh well.

Enjoy the race to 65. I understand it will take < 1 hour for you cheaters. Go for it. Have fun.
    Overcast451 and Gelido like this.
  12. Gelido Lorekeeper

Not going to lie, i do not play on TLP server's but this was hilarious to read.
  13. DBG_Fatty New Member

Bixiepop logic'd DBGs
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't doubt this information but I'm curious what your source is.
  15. -wycca Augur

Seems dubious, especially since we don't have 200 members....or even half that.
  16. Baldur Augur

He didn't say 200 emails/tweets/etc. sent by separate individuals. Pretty weak rebuttal, of course a small number of people can send lots of emails and tweets harassing someone.
  17. TarewMarrForever Augur

Sorry for the late reply.

Correct, I did not say that. And frankly, 200 was just a guess. My use of the word "literally" was inappropriate. I fully admit that. ;-)

However, I find it funny, because based on the replies here, it seems like some are saying that were was NOT an organized effort by the leadership of AoS to do exactly this. So that would mean members weren't actually encouraged to do exactly what I said happened: DBG was slammed with complaints / threats over this.

It is entirely possible that my source, who WILL remain nameless as per forum rules, and who IS an active AoS member, just made it all up. To what benefit he or she would do so is beyond me, other than to brag how they were able to get their way.

It's possible, I guess. All I know is what I was told. If it's not true, AoS should screen their members more closely. But with that said, I've known this individual while, and if I didn't trust their statement we wouldn't be having this discussion.
  18. Esper Augur

This one is easy, I'll keep it simple

The claim exploit was a true exploit. You had to do a specific set of steps that could not happen naturally. The end result was items that could not be attained normally. The claim exploit has no history of being allowed or ignored.

The corpse banking can happen naturally through death loops. The corpse banking has been allowed or ignored in the past. The end result of corpse banking was attaining level 65 which can be attained normally.
  19. Bixiepop New Member

Do I actually need to bother pointing out the flawed argument here, or will you just withdraw it yourself before people start laughing at this response? :p

I'll help you out, the key is in the word "naturally". I guess I know why some guys will claim they "fell" over and over unto their girlfriend's sister and claims it to be an accident "wink wink" ;)
    Stoobid Aggro likes this.
  20. MaxTheLion Augur

Best to ignore it, Esper. It's willful ignorance.