Is corpse banking allowed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by R2D Hugs, Jan 28, 2017.

1. R2D Hugs New Member

Ive seen quite a few people mass killing themselves all over the last few days. I remember this used to be a strategy, where you die and then get resurrected back once the new expansion launches to get extra experience once it starts. I thought they removed this from the game, but I see people doing it now so I was wondering if it was allowed again or not? Would like to do it for planes launch, but I do not want to get suspended if its against the rule.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Unless they do TLP differently, it won't work. They always wipe corpses before expansion launches on the regular servers... I would certainly bet they wipe them on the TLP servers. It's never been against the rules, they just make sure you can't do it.
  3. Kephart New Member

Its allowed. Dima did this every expac on Fippy when I was in Citizen
  4. Kegwell Lurker since '99

try it and let us know :)
  5. CaptainSkeet Augur

So, the idea here is get killed, re-xp, then get rez after xp maxed again when level cap goes up?

/sigh
  6. Zapsos Augur

Even back then you had 3 hours to get a rez or you wouldn't get XP back
  7. Kegwell Lurker since '99

try it, you'll like it!
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  8. Baldur Augur

After 3 hours you can no longer get rezed for exp.

And isn't it 3 hours on your account, even if you're playing another character or have a seller logged on?
  9. Astley Augur

Yep, 3 hours with account in the game, and no exp possible.

Also... if you crash out of the game due to a blue screen of death... your character is not effectively camped out... and your timer will still count down and rot itself away.

Figured this out because I've crashed while fighting a mob, it was late and so I just went to bed for the night... came back the next day, and I was at bind point, and no corpse was in the zone I was exping in the previous night. It completely rotted.

Unless you /camp out fully, you'll still count down rez timers.
  10. Champ Lorekeeper

I thought that was SoD. Dima instantly gained 5 levels. I still have no idea how one could do that within 3 hours of saving corpses. But if anyone could do it, Dima could.
  11. Tudadar Augur

Its their responsibility to nerf it if they choose. As some people have said they nerfed it on live at one point. If they can nerf a tradeskill they can easily nerf corpse banking. If I was still a highend raider and playing on a progression server I would definitely corpse bank what I could. Every level helps the guild.

On live I think people still get 10 saved tasks to auto complete as soon as an expansion launches for an advantage.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  12. Kiani Augur

Well, now it's on here, I imagine more people will consider it...

But in order to make it worthwhile, you need to be able to make up the xp for those corpses, so it's limited to how much xp you can get in the three hours before corpses start to decay. Even in an AE group, I can't imagine getting more than about a level or two.
  13. Jaime Lannister Augur

Pretty much. You can bank about 3 hours worth of XP as far as I can tell?
  14. Machen New Member

You'd be surprised. In an ae group, you could only log in when the pull is about to die, get the xp, then log out again till next pull. 2-3 minutes of your 3 hours timer per pull, you'd be able to get a good 60-90 ae pulls worth of xp banked. As long as you have an ae crew that's willing to do it.
  15. Caroo New Member

Hmm I am no corpse banking mastermind, but as far as I can see that 3 hours limit can be easily exploited.

The exploiter lets himself die a few times, then xp some time, but before 3 hours are over he takes turns by ressing those corpses and taking new deaths, creating a new set of (a bit more) corpses with another 3 hours available for xping, and this can be continued for as long as he likes over several days. This process causes quite a hassle however, if the exploiter misses the time window once, all the stored xp is lost.

There is no simple way to remove that exploit without harming regular players. A more complex rule which would only hurt the exploit: "An xp rez will restore a reduced amount of xp if the players current xp plus the xp on all available corpses exceeds the maximum xp of the current level cap. The reduced amount would depend on number of xp corpses and the xp left to fill until maximum xp of the current level cap reached"... this would rarely ever matter in regular gameplay.
  16. Caroo New Member

...or the rule could be much simpler: A corpse stores the current level cap of the server when the player died and does not restore any xp at any level above that level cap...
  17. Champ Lorekeeper

The game is being played as intended. The players with the best imagination always excel. WTG Dima!
  18. Vanrau Augur

I can't remember what expansion it was on live but as they brought the servers up for that expansion release, they deleted all corpses lol.
  19. Immortalus Lorekeeper

It's like the guy weaving in and out of traffic to get ahead a few car lengths. You eventually catch up to him anyway so what is the point?
  20. Polekn Augur

They will not remove any corpses. Now will there be any repercussions? If you asked me 6 months ago I would say no way. Now I think there is a good chance they will suspend/ban you for doing it, especially if there are enough people crying on forums.