Fixed Internally Intentional or oversight on some Mob Type changes?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Jumvapace, Apr 20, 2022.

1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yes, the body type changes have side-effects across all expansions.

I don't see them undertaking the task of moving spawns to optimize the ability of people to move unseen relative to the intended movement difficulty of the zone/expansion.

When they are designing a new zone they can consider the implications of the new system, sure.

The outcome of them attempting to 'fix' zones with a pre-existing layout (of see invis/ivu mobs) would likely be nowhere near what it was originally, and as such pretty much wasted effort. IMO

Are they/should they, fix The Hole?
  2. MacDubh TABLES!!!

The level of undertaking is irrelevant. This breaks the game as it was meant to be played and needs to be fixed. It is easy to look back on it at level 120 and think it isn't an issue, but when TLPs inevitably get to the expansions that are hit the hardest by this (HoT and ToV come to mind) it will mean requiring a group to progress to areas that are essential to progression.

If you need a full group to break in to Crystal Caverns every time you need to buy a type 5 aug or complete progression for CC and Ry'gor mines it will grind things to a halt. Same with trying to get to the later zones in HoT that you need to get through HoT Upper.

I can't speak on The Hole as I haven't been there in a couple years but pretty sure there was already a mix of see invis there. Either way it is an endgame zone not a mid tier zone required for progression.
    MasterMagnus and Fenthen like this.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

My main issue is with Velks in the basement area. Dropping down that hole into a room of tents is going to wreck anyone, including rogues, who go down there. There area is no longer safe for rogues to collectible hunt, run corpse recovery, or anything else.

I'm "tuff enuff" to run through CC, but the train I cause is pretty massive as a result. Heaven help anyone legit exping or progressing when I run to/from the EW zone line and the city area where the crystal GH clicky takes you.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I agree.

I got upset at the time the changes happened, and tested on test, all three daily patches that encompassed the outcome of the body type changes.

Nobody seemed too upset at the time, in the thread I posted trying to gather suggestions.

I suggested adding an additional body type to the list, to accommodate the issue. Nobody favored that solution.

I simply don't believe they are going to take the effort of moving see invis/ivu mobs, wholesale or on a finely targeted level.

And they aren't taking the body type changes back.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

EVERYONE was upset about this change, but like every bad decision/change put into the game, Daybreak simply DOES NOT CARE. They DID NOT care how these changes would affect the overall game, and they DO NOT care about fixing them. If they did, they would address this issue.
    Duder, Fenthen and MasterMagnus like this.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I feel your anger, I know.

I think they truly do care. But they decided on the body type changes to help with coding and lag. They intended to help the game.

They simply don't have people on staff that have broad enough knowledge of the game to understand the broad implications the change would have.

As it hit test and they were told, "umm what about Decaying Skeletons?" It just snowballed from there.

They should have recognized after three patches in three days, to back off that change and rethink it a bit... Or ram it through.

The CRC wasn't in place at the time. I pray they got some good people, and most importantly, DarkPaw shares what they're thinking with them.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Respectfully, I must disagree with this sentiment.

Even if this is a big undertaking to fix (and I'm not entirely convinced it is), the BARE MINIMUM they could do is give some updates on it and what the problems are. Saying SOMETHING is much better than silence.

We're coming up on six months since this thread was started, and we've not heard anything.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Added my like. This thread is now the 'Top Bug Thread' of 2022. Here's to hoping.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I took a quick look and it seems like Vaniki will be the first server to run in to issues with this in June 2023 in HoT so we should see something happen by Q3 2023. Maybe Cornaiv will hit ToV first, either way I am hopeful it gets even more attention then and may actually be addressed.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

As we head into 2023, do developers foresee being able to fix this problem that they created 8 months ago?
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

See the threads (over a year's worth" on Umbral Plains triggered mobs.

No, they have stopped caring.

It feels like they're heading toward sunsetting now. Just not acting on pretty major bugs.
    itzagame_m8s likes this.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

got error server not responding, reposted and got 2.
    itzagame_m8s likes this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Good luck we have NoS fixes for a month and then most likely TLP.
    Fenthen likes this.