Fixed Internally Intentional or oversight on some Mob Type changes?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Jumvapace, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Jumvapace The Most hated

After the patch, it seems some shades see through both invis and some don't in the ToL expansion. No consistency.

Bloodfalls - All shades now see through both regular invis, and IVU...
    Ka Vethan - It seems Mixed... Xin Thalls see through both, but Xi Vius/Pli Centien Xakra are Undead and can't see through IVU.. (Good luck getting form Maiden's Eye to Shadow Valley now withiout killing through)
    Vex Thal (ToL) - didn't check all, but most I've come across don't see through regular invis
    Umbral Plains - all shades see regular invis, not ivu...

Testing on necro/bard etc... but it seems some shades got flagged as undead, some did not. No consistency at all.

Edit: It seems like the same issue is happening like originally in the Raid instance of Maiden's eye; where Netherbian mobs were flagged as undead, could be slowed by necro/sk/pally.., but some saw through IVU and not regular invis, and some saw through both, with no rhyme or reason or consistency.
    Gialana, Sissruukk, Arial and 47 others like this.
  2. Jumvapace The Most hated

Also I didn't get to all zones as... it's just completely messed up through all the ToL zones, can't imagine what it's like elsewhere.
    flassher and Carden like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

If they want people to experience zones in a new expansion, then they need to make it as easy as possible to get to those zones...not make it harder.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Shades (at least some of them, "adjutant") in Basilica of Adumbration now see invisibility when they did not before. They were made undead.
    Lilanie of Povar and ChiiChii like this.
  5. ChiiChii Augur

Confirmed the same in Bloodfalls and Basilica. Shades see reg invis, gargoyles too if im not mistaken.
    Lilanie of Povar, flassher and Akilah like this.
  6. Kendeth Augur

Not only do some shades in Ka Vethan see through double invis, they also see through SoS:
    [Wed Apr 20 21:48:43 2022] Xin Thall scowls at you, ready to attack -- it appears to be quite formidable. (Lvl: 119)
    [Wed Apr 20 21:48:43 2022] You suspect that this being can see you.

[Wed Apr 20 23:22:55 2022] Zun Centien Xakra scowls at you, ready to attack -- it appears to be quite formidable. (Lvl: 119)
    [Wed Apr 20 23:22:55 2022] You suspect that this being can see you.

I haven't checked any of the other zones yet on my rogue to see if the same thing is true there.

Edit: The attacking shades in bloodfalls that see invis seem to not see through SoS but do see through invis otherwise:
    [Wed Apr 20 22:01:13 2022] An attacking shade regards you indifferently -- looks like quite a gamble. (Lvl: 120)
    [Wed Apr 20 22:01:13 2022] Your Shroud of Stealth keeps you hidden from watchful eyes.

I get no SoS message or suspect that the mob can see me message on the invading shades:
    [Wed Apr 20 22:02:49 2022] An invading shade regards you indifferently -- it appears to be quite formidable. (Lvl: 118)

Tentacle terrors in the ToV versions of Crystal Caverns and Velks are also seeing through SoS now after the patch.
    Silvena and Lilanie of Povar like this.
  7. Orcen Elder

In Crystal Caverns (TOV expansion), the Terrors which were undead, now see through BOTH invis to undead, and regular invis... Kind of a problem getting through zone now trying to do quests.
    flassher and Shilokk like this.
  8. Inagaki Elder

"an ember golem" (undead) now sees through invis (but not IVU) in HoT expansion's Upper Floors zone.

Upper Floors was tagged All Mobs (including Nameds) do not see through invis because it was considered a travelling zone.

Fear Itself is a rotating Hot Zone and people still travel through Upper Floors to get to the Hot Zone.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just a reminder for people checking mobs to see if they see thru SoS...don't /con them from behind. Remember, you're sneaking, so they're going to con as indifferent if you're behind them regardless of their actual ability to see you. Make sure they're facing you before you /con them to get the true reading.
    Rondor likes this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Golems in Valley of King Xorbb (sewers) see bard invis.
  11. Quantumlink New Member

The see SoS message will be accurate either way, you just can’t rely on the con from behind to know what your factions is with the mob.

In some cases your sneak message will be scowls as well if a mob doesn’t have a faction. Try sneaking behind mummies in commons with hide off, they scowl but won’t attack when standing behind them.
  12. Shilokk New Member

I just ran my rogue thru crystal caverns, and the mob see thru shroud of stealth too.
    Lilanie of Povar likes this.
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

My daily routine of EQ play has come to a hault. Mobs in various zones now see through invis, Bard duel invis, Rogue SoS... you name it.
    Raiding today will not be as progressive as was in the past. Downtime waiting for those to get to point A to B. Not everyone is in the same guild. It will be an interesting day!
  14. Herf Augur

The bug that drops specializations will also screw raids badly; much heavier mana use.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  15. Grarc New Member

Not just the new zones.....a run to Fear Itself will take quite a while clearing mobs as the mix of see invis and IVU is a pain now. Not sure that was intended, but who knows?
  16. Shady oaks New Member

Also is velketors Labyrinth tol was there trying to do hunters and now gave up agro range seems closer also
  17. Bigstomp Augur

That's actually easy to fix. Was a bit annoying but not a huge deal.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's 5% mana preservation, at most, it's not that much.
    kizant likes this.
  19. bombyx Journeyman

It is very danger when u zone to KV form SV after patch. Before patch, characters can be safe with invisble when zone in. But Now, character zone back will be attacked, but player still seeing the loading screen. After finish load, The character got killed....

What is the objective of this change? Make player hate this game? Make player hard to play?
  20. Herf Augur

It resets almost every time you zone. So if you're doing a few LDoN raids with multiple boxes, it's pointless to reset them.