Fixed Internally Intentional or oversight on some Mob Type changes?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Jumvapace, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

It seems like bringing the servers back down for a patch AS SOOON AS this is fixed would be a really good idea. This is ticking a lot of people off, including myself. Waiting a full month is ill-advised.
    flassher, Herf, Thunderkiks and 3 others like this.
  2. Vahkan New Member

Could we have some news on the Now-see-through-SOS, invis, and IVU issue? Is this going to be fixed? If this is intentional, it is certainly going to drive people to change games. They don't want to spend an hour clearing their way to the spot they want to camp.
  3. Ludadorwar New Member

So, what are you guys going to do about this, this cannot wait a month. You will start to lose people. i have been playing for 21yrs and quite frankly I'm pissed. What started off as a great expansion has now been tainted with the inability to get to other zones. I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears
    Fenthen, flassher, Herf and 1 other person like this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Having to clear to the spot you want to camp is nothing new. Players have been doing that for years.

It's the clearing through the ENTIRE preceeding zone, just to get TO the zone you want to camp in that's going to start making people angry. I just watched a group try to make it through KV with bard double invis. I waited a couple of min then did a /who in the zone...corpses.
    flassher likes this.
  5. Azurefrost Elder

Mayong Mistmoore, at least in Demi-Plane of Blood is no longer considered an Undead mob.
  6. Moege Augur

Yeah only way now is ports to SV running though KV is not a good idea.
    flassher likes this.
  7. zarcal Elder

Was just going to report this, logged in my friends (who were camped in Fear Itself) said come on over and join us. 2 deaths later (long hall lots of mobs) my choice is a) have my friends break camp and come help me clear. b) Log off and play something else

(Rotdogs also in HOTUpper -- Nice tight halls and hard to see doors --- FUN!)
    flassher likes this.
  8. Smederick New Member

So are we going to get an answer as to if this was an intentional change? If it is going to stay like this I need to know so I can stop plying in ToL. It is impossible for me to get thru KV in a timely manner so it effectively makes the end game unplayable for me to have to fight my way through a zone and spend most of my play time before getting to my final destination.
    flassher and Veteran_BetaTester like this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This bug thread has a confirmed tag on it instead of not a bug which makes me think they agree it is a bug.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Not being able to go to Zone A to Zone B without dying is a lot of dumb.
    Skuz, is that how you talk :D
    just tryin to mak u laf

OR doing a mission where you can't pick up ground spawns because you get jumped, you fade.. then fade timer is created. You now have to arrange a party to kill a few mobs or train others near by on accident due to clearing the area out on tagging them and running far.
    Yesterday, the four of us were running through a zone.. from start to finish, we trained the zone. Some did not make it and anyone in the way would have been trained.

Fun back in the day like Unrest.... but not on a normal zone bugged due to magical wond swings of a Developer :)
    flassher likes this.
  11. Malbro Augur

No, I don't think we are going to get an answer and I don't think it's going to be fixed any time soon.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

I would say that the silence is deafening, but silence has become the standard answer these days.

Of course, if there was something that benefited players, it would have already been fixed and patched by now.
    Vandiill and Herf like this.
  13. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

The proper response to deafening silence on a problem like this, is to click the cancel membership button on all of your accounts, like I have, until this is fixed on live. Send a message that leaving extremely irritating bugs like this go on for a full month is unacceptable. Yes we understand the game code is a real pain in the rear to work with, and crap gets broke when changes are made, but the company has to be willing to do an emergency patch in between the monthly ones for stuff like this.
    flassher and Herf like this.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

While today's patch says,
    An adjutant shade mobs in Basilica of Adumbration continue to see through invisibility and I believe they did not do so before the body type changes. Moving through the zone is now harder than originally intended.

Is it intended that moving through the zone is to be harder than originally intended? If not, please fix this. If so, I feel that players would be happier if such a change would be communicated to us, so that we know about it.

While I know you cannot tell us everything, since you would not have time to do anything else, I feel we would appreciate knowing if there has been an intended change in a zone difficulty.

Thank you.
    Yinla and Veteran_BetaTester like this.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

It's a bit rough to travel through Ka Vetha. That's a raid and group quest mob we need to run to get. Not everyone can port.

I can train people all day long to get there but I don't think anyone wants that.

Maybe make any mobs on the path accept one invis or the other.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Getting through KV after the fix isn't that bad...you just need double invis/SoS. What needs to be changed is the mobs at the zone coming FROM SV. There's a shade (now undead) AND a live mob there, so if you're not doubled invis'd before you zone over, you're gonna get smacked. One of those mobs needs to be moved/changed to the other type.
  17. Fian Augur

Shades seeing through invis have ruined the TOL expansion. Tried to run from ME to SV via KV with my bst, and made it most of the way using FD, until FD failed and I died. My plan was to go hunting in BOA, but in the end I chose to log off and do something else.

Bottom line was each expansion was carefully crafted to present a certain level of navigational challenge, and that has all been hosed by taking a sledgehammer to mob see invis abilities.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Fenthen aka Rath

Four months of confirmation and no addressing this problem?
  19. MacDubh TABLES!!!

This hasn't really been an issue for me until today when I had to pick up some items in Crystal Caverns (ToV) for my Earring of RZ.
    I assume no TLPs are in ToV lately or this would be a huge issue. The zone you need to access not only for progression but to buy gear components, type 5 augs, etc. can't be reached without fighting about 5 tentacle terrors.

I assume the fix here is massive and is being worked on, if not this should be pretty high up on the priority list.
    Fenthen and Velisaris_MS like this.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

Confirmed - icy tormentors in Velks now see everything | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com)
    Linking this here that I posted back in May. Their bodytype changes altered an entire expansion for the negative, and it hasn't been addressed, ever.