If 2023 TLP is PvP TLE server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by uberkingkong, Mar 6, 2023.

1. code-zero Augur

In a game with an environment where players really don't want to deal with poor players, ninja /afk and looters and general toxicity why does anyone think that there's a lot of people who want to engage other players in an even more toxic environment?
  2. Tanar Lorekeeper

I'd love to be able to kill all the lazy groups.
  3. code-zero Augur

And this is why no one wants to be in the same zone as you. Players such as yourself spend more time watching how other groups play and not actually playing well yourself
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Tanar Lorekeeper

[quote=" Players such as yourself spend more time watching how other groups play and not actually playing well yourself[/quote]

What if i can do both? Does that blow your mind?
  5. code-zero Augur

What if i can do both? Does that blow your mind?[/quote]

You can't even manage quotes in a forums and you expect me to believe that?
  6. filthytlpplayer Elder

7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Trolls are more than just a playable race.

lol
  8. Tanar Lorekeeper

You can't even manage quotes in a forums and you expect me to believe that?[/quote]

I can tell you'd be an easy kill.
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I can tell you'd be an easy kill.[/quote]

Oh the mad mad irony.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Oh the mad mad irony.[/quote]

Noiw I want to add an extra quote command to ALL replies lol.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. Breaker Journeyman

i would love to re-live this goofiness so much
  12. Xarek New Member

We had an off raid night having fun in the arena and as a caster I couldn't land a single spell. It got old super quick. A PvP server isn't going to make it very far.
  13. Ruban New Member

On a tlp, you dont start out with triple digit in all resists. Once you get the hang of it, casters are very useful in a
    Pvp set up.
  14. Taxman's Right Hand New Member

15. Trox2010 Augur

At this point Daybreak should just figure out how much it would take to develop and run a PvP TLP for 1 year, and tell the PvP community if they want one they will need to cover that cost up front. If after 1 year the server no longer stays profitable then it gets merged into Zek and forgotten about.

If the PvP community is as large as the proponents maintain it shouldn't cost them that much individually. Of course that means they would need a dev or two that actually enjoys EQ PvP to be dedicated to the project, and is willing to work with the actual PvP community to set it up right
    Rijacki likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

When you can't get much more than 50 players to show up on a Free server the chances you can get 2000 to show up for a paid one are simply zero.
    Rijacki, Crabman and code-zero like this.
  17. Ruban New Member

You clearly didnt play said free server at launch. It was absolutely hilarious and heavily crowded. After a few years, sure i doubt you could even pay people to play there now because of the reputation it has.

Official servers always attracted more players. And so would a tlp. Enough for them to release a pvp one? Doubtful, but hey these are threads about what you d like to see, and a pvp tlp is what id like to see.
  18. Triconx Augur

Why do these dumb pvp threads always pop up around this time, filled with the same handful of pro pvp propagandists, and once the new ruleset is announced these people and threads disappear for a year?

If you actually want pvp you would be pushing it year round and with a lot more people. You're doing nothing but rolling with a t. You don't want pvp. You want to rile everyone up.

Lock this thread. It's nothing more than a lazy you know what attempt.
  19. Ruban New Member

This is the time of year to dream! Funnily enough it seems like the anti pvpers are far more aggressive in these debates for some reason…
  20. code-zero Augur

If they really wanted it they could all create characters and log in on Zek if only to idle in neighborhoods/PoK/PoT/lobby and guild halls but they can't be bothered to even make that minimal amount of effort to show their support. Instead we see really dumb ideas like "red" guilds on Agnarr....

If the vocal PvP people actually got a PvP TLP they'd all bail sooner rather than later with claims that it wasn't done right...
    Rijacki and Skuz like this.