Hunter Achievements: SoV, SoL, PoP, LoY

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by GoldenFrog, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I got petrifin and mortificator from killing roaming mobs near the monument. I just recently got this achievement.

Andarriel
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea it can be slow from waiting on the mobs but I got lucky and got two hunter mobs within 30mins there.

Andarriel
  3. Morgen Elder

Requesting help from the hunter community again.
    Down to just a few mobs in Twilight Sea (that and SD will be the death of me, I swear). Mainly looking for Praem Softbreeze; Good's Map puts it south in the "hidden" area at around 2355, 109 near a little teepee, but no sign of him for quite some time. Also missing a grol baku taskmaster/leader, tro jeg official/spy, vas ren cohort/priest. Are those latter "named" also in the hidden area, or are they on the islands in main area of Twilight Sea on the NW islands?
  4. Hannah Journeyman

Hi Morgen,

I'm working on Twilight right now as well.

There are two grol baku/vas ren islands to the NW of the elemental island (not hidden area). The grol baku leader and vas ren priest spawn on the west of those two islands and the grol baku taskmaster and vas ren cohort spawn on the east of those two islands. Just wipe the two islands, getting those 4 spawns was not very difficult.

The tro jeg mobs all spawn at the spots on the SW border, near SD zone.

I can't help with Praem, I haven't seen him yet. My research says he tends to spawn in the SW corner of the hidden area. I'm not sure if he is super rare at that one spot, or super rare and can spawn anywhere (I've just been killing everything to be sure).

....Hannah....

5. Morgen Elder

Cool, let me know how it works out for you and where you eventually find him.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I got praem at the teepee on good's maps (VERY rare spawn). the tro jeg officials and spy's were easy to spawn as there's not many ph's for them and good's maps are right on the mark. taskmaster can be a pain I got on one account but on other doesn't wanna spawn. Of course back in the day there used to be a lot of roaming mobs and now they aren't so maybe reason stuff doesn't wanna spawn to fast anymore. im stuck on aero some 4k kills and only elemental I haven't seen yet. Not looking forward to scarlet desert. Wishing you luck.

Andarriel
  7. Morgen Elder

Is turtle wrangler at the north or south Tro Jeg camp near SD zone area, west of the sea, or somewhere else?
  8. Morgen Elder

Nevermind - cleared everything in TS! Onto Scarlet Desert /shiver
  9. Hannah Journeyman

Other than that JERK Redanyt Pwinlun Scarlet wasn't that hard for me :) I have many hours of experience with the spawn cycles there, so if you need any help, let me know.

...Hannah...
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Does anyone have a suggestion for a little program that can help you keep track of respawn times? For example, if I'm hunting Bilge in Dagnor's, I want to gather up as many mobs as I can, kill them all, then click a button on a program which will count down to a time you have set - in this case, 4 minutes and 51 seconds. After you find the placeholder, you click button on the program again, and repeat the process. I know I can use a cell phone but it's awkward to shift from computer to phone so many times.
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

You could use the /alarm feature in eq? I dunno really what you're aiming for I guess.
  12. Weebaaa Augur

Do you use GINA or GTT? If so they have a timer overlay. I think you'd have to create a hot key to trigger it, so make a hot key like /g timer 451.
    Then have the program monitor log files for "timer 451" and respond with the countdown overlay
  13. Schadenfreude Augur

Seems a few of the Plane of Water spawns when Fabled do not update the hunter achievement.
  14. Morgen Elder

Down to just 1 mob! in Scarlet Desert: a tainted lightcrawler. It has been evading me for several days. Is there any particular spot or PH that this pops from? All lightcrawlers are PH? Seems very rare...
  15. Morgen Elder

Nevermind, literally got it 15 minutes after post, clearly about this on the forum is a winning strategy.
  16. Hannah Journeyman

No lie, I use an old fashioned dial type analog egg timer (especially for 20+ minute spawns). It sits right next to the PCs :)

...Hannah...

17. Hannah Journeyman

Funny, to get the prismatic lightcrawler I must have killed 10 tainted. Gotta love that RNG.

...Hannah...

18. Cimbaeth Elder

I am stuck on tro jeg heretic- in Scarlet Desert--I've camped this mob sometimes for days on and off the better part of the last 3 years. I notice that tro jeg mobs roam from east to west and also just a little bit of roaming from where they spawn near the hill roaming west. I have killed everything. Every npc. I have bards AE aggroing, I have my wizard making giant trains and AEing, I did that all day yesterday and all I get are the same nameds over and over lol but not tro jeg heretic. Two different maps say that he spawns on the west wall so I tried that all day several days. Magelo says he spawns both in the east-west migration and on the west wall and near the hill. Any help or am I just being screwed by a super bad RNG?
  19. Cimbaeth Elder

Oh also as regards previous poster, I think I must have killed tainted lightcrawler 100+ times by now. Seems super common for me. Erg. Stupid zone.
  20. Cimbaeth Elder

Finally. Got him. Tro Jeg Heretic. In the East to west back and forth migration at the topmost fringe of it he popped. Either that or complaining on here really does make them spawn.
    Whulfgar likes this.