Hunter Achievements: SoV, SoL, PoP, LoY

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by GoldenFrog, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Foliax Journeyman

Imak is 100% correct - Quoza is my personal white whale in WW after 7 months, but I've killed Mela dozens of times over the last few months for CoFlames/satchels.
  2. Morgen Elder

Necro post here: is the runed giant in Tower of Sol Ro just stupid rare? It seems like it's supposed to pop from any magma giant in Protector of Dresolik area, but he hasn't shown his face in quite a while...
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

prob just bad luck although that was the last hunter mob I got there and it took awhile.

Andarriel
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

coming to think of it it took me longer to get fervid magmin to spawn.

Andarriel
  5. Uuvin Augur

Runed Giant spawns in multiple locations. get a tracker
  6. Morgen Elder

Got it.

Now looking for "an Ungainly Beast" in PoV. I understand that it spawns in the tunnels behind Aerin'Dar - any particular spawn point?
  7. Moege Augur

His ph is marked on goods maps, not a terrible camp. I clear 6 mobs around that marked point there and usually by the second time round he spawns. The pain is that you cannot get into the tunnels if Aerin'Dar is not up so now I have a ftp toon in exile there.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea an ungainly beast is very annoying unless the dragon is up. If it is its np as it spawns in the caves a lot actually. usually every other clear I would get one to spawn. Whats sad on waiting for the dragon to be up I was up in the sleepwalker caves and there are 3 spots u think a ungainly should spawn but off and on for a week it never did not sure why they make it only spawn in the caves under the dragon.

Andarriel
  9. Moege Augur

Arrrggggh 22 clears and no Ungainly.... I have to open my big mouth and got a spanking from the random <inserts bannable word>.
  10. Angahran Augur

Tried getting last mob, an ungainly beast, in Valor today.
    Unfortunately the globe you have to click to get to Aerin Dars room (and the tunnel to HoH where the ONLY PH for the mob spawns) is not working.
    Confirmed I had the key in inventory and also in keyring.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

If I'm remembering correctly, you have to have the key (Crystalline Globe) ON your cursor. Just having it in inventory won't do it.
  12. Tolzol Augur

Yea it only works if aerin dar is up unfortunately
    Tatanka likes this.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes, that's the detail I couldn't remember. AD must be up, or the key doesn't work. I verified this with track.
  14. Angahran Augur

15. Hannah Journeyman

Any Luclin hunter experts out there, I'm struggling with Tenebrous mountains and no one answered this guy's post back in day... I need the grol baku and meeda hune warlords as well.

I'm quite confused by the spawn cycles, as well as a post on Alla about the grol baku warlord. For the most part, if you kill a grol baku, a grol baku spawns and if you kill one of the two meeda hune, a meeda hune spawns. I have caught the cycle for a grol baku mob that usually spawns as a twilight armor rare (or sometimes just a soldier) but this cycle has never resulted in a warlord. Is it just super rare?

On server up the last two times, the cral ligi warlord was up. The post on Alla seemed to indicate that this particular spawn would also result in the other two warlords, but this doesn't seem to jive with the rest of the spawns in the zone. Also, on last server up, there was a THIRD meeda hune guy up which I had never seen before (but not warlord). Help! I'm super confused by this zone.

Thanks for reading!

...hannah...
  16. Rondor Augur

I continuously fought the placeholders that were of the same type as the one I was looking for, and indeed they tended to respawn as one of the same type. Like "meeda hune" would respawn as another "meeda hune" the next time. But after a while either the PH stopped respawning or it may have respawned as another type, and I had to wait for server reset/crash until that line showed up again on tracking.

These particular warlords took quite a while to finally spawn for me, but using the method above worked. I found a few luckily at server up but then the last one(s) I kept after the cycle as above and eventually (after many, many PHs) the last warlords I needed spawned.

So if you don't see the "meeda hune X" or "grol baku X" line on tracking it may be that they are stuck and won't appear for a few days or maybe until server reset. That's roughly what I experienced.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

What's the best way to camp Petrifin in Rathe Mountains? I don't know if I kill every basilisk in the SE plateau, or go to the crossroads and kill every pather that wanders by.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

22 clears you doing this under ad in tunnel or in tunnel near sleepwalker? I could never get it to spawn near sleepwalker.

Andarriel

ps I did the last one on ranger and just to see how long it took to spawn I cleared under ad again and and spawned again on repop. its not a rare spawn down there but rare getting ad up so one can port down.
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Essentially sit in the middle of the zone and kill anything that comes near you, both of those 2 are fairly rare. If you haven't done Twilight Sea yet these are easy in comparison.

Here is a map of the Rathe mountain names and paths I made a couple years ago. If you want the full writeup of how I -believe- they all work its earlier in this thread. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ts-sov-sol-pop-loy.242160/page-8#post-3566127
  20. Act of Valor The Newest Member

So sit at the crossroads next to the Feerrott zone line and kill everything that paths by. Man, that's rough. Thanks.