Hunter Achievements: SoV, SoL, PoP, LoY

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by GoldenFrog, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Kempel Journeyman

I think I might be the only one left working on this. I don't bot, don't have track, and down to the difficult zones (to me where mobs roam) - if anyone is on Vox and working on this, please hit me up, I do it daily!
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Acrylia caverns : a grimling arch sage. doesn't seem to spawn :( anyone know how to get this mob or is it bugged? gonna be pretty lame if it only comes up on server reset. any help much appreciated. prob have better luck with minotaur hero lol.

Andarriel
  3. Lianeb Augur

It's only available till someone runs the Kati`Sha event then it will not spawn again till sever reset. This was reported when the hunters first went in and was never fixed
    roguerunner, Ishtass and Andarriel like this.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

thanks a lot for the reply guess ill just finish the other hunters in zone then.

Andarriel
  5. Hannah Journeyman

Sorry to give this old thread a bump, but I need some help with a hunter mob in Ruins of Lxanvom. Witchdoctor Orxkra won't show his cute rat face so I can kill him... He is the last mob I need in the zone and the others only took a few cycles in each spot but I've been trying for this guy for 40+ hours now (26 consecutive at one point) and it must be on the wrong spot. Good's map and Magelo both have him in this spot: https://eq.magelo.com/npc/400583

Does anyone remember killing him? Is this the wrong spot or is he just silly rare or triggered or something?

Thanks for reading!

...Hannah...
  6. Orbital101 Augur

Im pretty sure thats a rare spawn from another rare spawn making it a super rare to spawn :eek:
  7. Hannah Journeyman

Thanks Orbital! I finally got him last night! I didn't do anything special, your spot was right on, just must be super rare. I would estimate ~50 hours before he showed up.

...Hannah...
  8. Venedar Lorekeeper

Having problems locating the second one of "a large undead gnoll reaver". Is there really two diffrent names using the same name at zone in level? Or is it a bug?

[IMG]
  9. Mithra Augur

First one is probably VhalSera as I got the achievement.

That said I just killed Heratius Grolden in Tenebrous and it didn't update me sigh.
  10. Venedar Lorekeeper

Thanks for the help Mithra, will try VhalSera.

About Heratius Grolden he was up when I zoned to Tenebrous and I got the kill credit. I noticed he spawned again after kill. Could be one that doesnt update and one that does update.
  11. Orbital101 Augur

killing one update both
  12. Venedar Lorekeeper

First of all thank you very much for all those awesome maps you done, that im using everyday playing!

Ive killed a large undead gnoll over 15 times with no update. I also did Sam Naps anniversary mission thought it might be linked there somehow but it didnt update either. I guess im just having a bit unluck will go back and keep killing it until it update.
  13. Orbital101 Augur

Ngreth confirmed that it was a bug. I just went in killed another and we all got it to update. We killed another for people that came late and it updated for them. I'm pretty sure one of the 2 will be removed eventually.

and glad you enjoy my maps :)
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Just re-finished TOFS. The #1 "a large undead gnoll" on the achievement (directly below The Head Usher) updated for me immediately after killing VhalSera, this was after failing to update after killing the large undead gnoll on level 1 multiple times. The #2 "a large undead gnoll" on the achievement successfully updated off the first kill of the level 1 large undead gnoll.

Probably just mislabled or a bad copy/pasterino when whoever was putting them on the achieve.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Trying to get an ungainly beast on my ranger. it is up but I cant get to aerin dar. I use eye of zomm to get to globe but when I click it does nothing. does the dragon need to be up to use it? is there any other way to get to this mob? seems to spawn down by aerin quite a bit does the mob spawn in the caves with the sleepwalker which I happen to kill recently. thanks with any info.

Andarriel

ps did on my wiz but dragon was up and globe worked or maybe there is a flag I need for ranger?
  16. Imak Augur

I watched the checkmark appear for the first "a large undead gnoll" when I killed VahlSera. Acheivement complete. VahlSera is the only keydropper missing from the list as is.
  17. Lianeb Augur

The dragon has to be up to gain access to the tunnel area, well I mean for the globe to work to port you into the dragon area. Then you have to kill it to gain access to the tunnel. I killed a ton of the ones in the cave while waiting on the dragon to spawn and none of them updated it.
    Andarriel likes this.
  18. Orbital101 Augur

[IMG]

after 36 hrs
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Conquerer Question: Western Wastes, Melalafen

How the F do you spawn this mob? I caught it up once on a different server but someone came in and started killing trash before I could figure out what respawned after. Best I can tell is I just camp in WW and pray its up on a server reset/crash, I wouldn't think a questgiver would be so rare but jeeze.
  20. Imak Augur

Melalafen is approx a 24-hour respawn. Has no placeholder. He's got roughly the same treasure table as Talendor or Nagafen, so assume he doesn't live long. He is likely being killed for Cloak of Flames, Pally epic book, etc.
    roguerunner and Foliax like this.