How is the Coirnav server going?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by northstar, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Snomie Elder

*shrug* I don't see anything gained by saying that a server is viable to individual people if that person still has a guild/friends. That's just a fluffy statement that does nothing for anyone.

It doesn't change the fact that most people won't find it viable anymore on Coirnav since their guilds will fold and their friends will quit when the big pop decay happens. Random_playeroncoirnav_026 still having a guild/friends on the server doesn't solve the problem of the other 70% of the population losing their guilds/friends and quitting.

Unless your post's goal was to stop the trolls from proclaiming random_server_01 as dead. It will 100% fail to accomplish that from happening.
  2. a_librarian Augur

Good talk Snomie
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Coirnav has nothing unique once a new server takes that title. No unique selling feature in the free market means death.
  4. Barton The Mischievous

"The End is Here".... doesn't end...:"The End is Near".....lasts past "Near" date...."It will End"... Well ya eventually all things end. Can't escape Entropy....yet
  5. Risiko Augur

Said it before, and I'll say it again. All I need is my friends and my guild. The rest of the server can completely disappear, and it wouldn't matter.
  6. FIsh Lips Augur

Coirnav is less healthy than Agnarr was at this stage, party due to low population, partly due to burn out. Quite a lot of people who have been playing since day 1 are still not 60, and are making no significant effort to get there, partly because of the terrible xp rate, partly because they just don't care. Maybe that improves after PoP, but most of the people in the 2nd tier guilds came from Phinny and quit around that time, including some notable fanbois in this thread. You see, the RMT game isn't so kind after a certain point.

Some things the fanbois here throw at you to cast doubt are the progression site, yes there are more raiding guilds active here than there were on agnarr. Of course, this server exists only for raiding guilds, you don't want to casual here, do that on Agnarr. If you look at who is online, who is actively levelling (as part of PUGs or guild groups), it's pretty thin. Most of what you see are professional farmers and power-levellers, and they have had to drop their prices lately.

If they would stop trying to make this server some sort of throwback to the EQ that never-should-have-been, it might be salvageable. But forget arguing with these imbeciles, they're mostly trying to sell you something.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  7. Barton The Mischievous

Totally Disagree, unless you have some super secret data to share that proves anything you just said as other than opinion, speculation, name calling, insulting and negativity
    Risiko likes this.
  8. Jontrann Augur

The server is fine atm, will be dead when the next tlp launches tho.
  9. Fumi-chan Augur

There won't be another TLP until March-April of next year. Going to be interesting to see how that plays out given that WoW classic is rumored to launch around the same time.
  10. Junior00 Elder

Sauce? Last I heard it was going to be like 2021.
  11. Crayon123 Augur

No sauce exists, WoW classic won't be here for a very long time. And yes, Coirnav will die as soon as the 20th Anniversary server pops up... as an earlier poster stated, it has nothing special about it and as soon as it loses the "newest server" title, its toast.
    Jontrann likes this.
  12. Johnny Turbo New Member

Take this how you like, as I'm a new subscriber. The server seems to be full at all times of the day when I randomly check. I've seen quite a few people in the Steamfont Mountains, and already found a decent guild. I would say the server is far from dying
  13. Trevalon Augur

Coirnav isnt dying. I think most of the doom and gloom cause from the fact that it has significantly less population than Phinny did at this point and I believe even less than Agnarr (I heard Coirnav has 8 guilds clearing NTOV? I think Agnarr had what 14? and Phinny has like 21?).

I think thats the biggest trepidation with Coirnav, its not that its doing bad its just the worst of the TLP's for its era. I think that's a combo of it being launched at a horrible time and with a horrible exp rate. Both of those together made a pretty meh server.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  14. Kahna Augur

12, it has 12 guilds clearing NToV, up from 8 finishing the content in classic. It is growing, not shrinking, like many claim. Folks, including entire guilds, have moved over from Agnarr as it gets stale. While I don't doubt it will still peak in PoP, and peak at a lower population than the other servers, that population will still be enough to make playing enjoyable.

As for right now, it's lower population in the lower levels, but groups are still doable. I just leveled a ranger to 60, in PuGs, as an experiment, and I rarely waited more than 15-20 minutes in the /lfg window. That's as a ranger, and I play during off hours, late night PST. So I would say it is doing just fine.
    Trevalon and Risiko like this.
  15. Jontrann Augur

You're insane if you think coirnav will have a healthy population after the 20th anni tlp launches next year.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  16. Risiko Augur

The factor that most of the doom sayers tend to forget is that many of us have started over on each new TLP server so many times now, that there is no way in Hell we would do it again at this point.

I'm a mega alt-o-holic, and this time around on TLP, I have played 1 character to level 60. Just one character. My closest alt is level 40.

The simple fact of the matter is that after playing on Fippy, Ragefire, Phinigel, Agnarr, and Coirnav, I will not do it again. I've nostalgia'd out on classic through Velious content. I would rather take a swift kick to the balls than do it again.

I now focus on 1 main character completing everything I can in era, and that's it. I plan to ride Coirnav out for as long as there are enough players to field in era raiding. When the day comes that there are not enough people left on the server to effectively raid in era content, I will transfer my characters to a Live server, and that will be it for TLP for me.

From the conversations I have had with friends, I am not alone in this feeling.

So, when you and others say that the next TLP will kill Coirnav, I just do not believe you are correct.
  17. FIsh Lips Augur

On this we can agree. However you do not know what kind of 20th server they will release. I find it highly unlikely its going to be another nostalgia TLP.

And while I am vaguely excited about what it might be, and my hopes are high that it will not be as ill-conceived as Coirnav, either a) they will successfully have taken the pulse of the community and figured out something we will like, that they can monetize enough to want to support but our investment in Coirnav will be trashed, or b) it will be awful, it will cannibalize Coirnav, and also ruin our investment there. I hope beyond hope "a" is the result, but then it will take you, and me, and many others away.

The single stupidest thing they did on Coirnav was slow xp, slow drop rate, Phinny 2.0. It should have been a fast xp, high drop rate server designed to catch up to Live, such that when 20th drops, people can split their time effectively. Most of us are "done" with classic, why keep dwelling on it...
  18. Kahna Augur

Considering the "20th anni tlp" is currently just a figment of people's imaginations, I'm not overly concerned. Will they do something special for the 20th anniversary? No doubt. Could it be a TLP? sure, but it could be a lot of other things too. Like an event server, or maybe an event for ALL the servers, and not just their TLP crowd, because maybe live players want to feel special too.
  19. FluttyMan Elder

It's going very well.
    Risiko likes this.
  20. Barton The Mischievous

If it is a TLP big IF