How is the Coirnav server going?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by northstar, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Ohfuggle Elder

Uh,

Considering WoW just released an expansion (albeit a lame one) and drew at least 4 million people to their platform .. I'd say Coirnav is doing just fine.

Ignore the doom-and-gloomers. PoP is indeed growing.
  2. Trevalon Augur

Good to hear that its growing in guilds. 12 isnt bad, but its still less than Phinny and Agnarr. Doesn't mean Coirnav is bad, just not as successful.
  3. Machentoo Augur

12 is less than Phinny had at that point, but it is not less than Phinny has currently. There is little question that right now, Coirnav's population is significantly larger than Phinny's.
  4. Trevalon Augur

of course its larger right now, no one said it isnt - What I was saying is ONE of the reasons for Doom and Gloom is Coirnav's lack of population pound for pound when put up against other TLPs when they were in that era. So yes, Coirnav has more than Phinny does right this minute, but they are about half of what Phinny was in Velious, meaning that Coirnav will *more than likely* (Yes I know this isnt a given, but if history repeats itself as it tends to do...) be much lower population going forward than previous TLP servers.

Coirnav isn't dead and wont die anytime soon - but compared to the last 2 TLPs it is definitely lower pop apples to apples/expansion to expansion.
  5. Ohfuggle Elder

It's almost like... the TLP population is spread across 6 TLP servers, with the majority of players on 3.

It makes complete sense that the population would be lower on Coirnav, what a surprise a lot of people DIDN'T want to do classic/kunark/velious again? What a shocker.

As it stands the population is slowly increasing, I'm sure we will see a good amount end of velious. Folks like them some PoP and just before Luclin launch is a good time to get in.
  6. Coirnavheals New Member

Word on the street is 4 or more raiding guilds are merging and recruitment across the board for raiding guilds have all but dried up
  7. Risiko Augur

lol fake news.
  8. Silvara Elder

Not fake news. Kill Mode, Path of the Damned for sure merging. Imperceptible likely joining. Up in the air with Nostalgic Veterans.

This server has all but dried up far as recruitment goes. Lot of pretty bad players on Coirnav make it hard to maintain quality guilds. Merging or dissolve is really the only option lately for mid tier guilds
    Jontrann likes this.
  9. Ohfuggle Elder

You mean smaller guilds can't do AoW and Vulak with low numbers?

I mean if you don't want to play on Coirnav then don't. But I see a ton of pugs going on all level ranges.

Lots of guilds doing raids (and streaming it) each night.

The server is as healthy as an EQ TLP gets.
  10. taliefer Augur

Phinigel was lightning in a bottle. People had flocked back to EQ due to ragefire and lockjaw, but became disenfranchised when they saw what a cluster open world raiding is and how prevalent(and easy) mass boxing had become

Phinigel addressed these concerns, and people went there in droves. I doubt there will ever be another TLP as populated as Phinigel was.

now, DBG seems to realize there is a fairly sizeable contingent of players that are willing to start over on a new server on somewhat regular basis(im one of them bring on the 20th anniversary server!), so the population splinters.
    Ohfuggle likes this.
  11. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Recruitment really has slowed to a halt. As for the guilds merging that doesn't suprise me.
  12. Coirnavheals New Member

If they only would listen to the player base about xp rates, losing full days due to bad patches/firmware updates, etc.

The time to catch up beyond kunark sucks so much if you don’t get PLed.

It boggles the mind when they have faster expac unlocks (good) but don’t speed up xp (bad). People will buy xp potions regardless...
    Jontrann likes this.
  13. Jontrann Augur

Yup me and a lot of my friends & family are waiting to see if the next tlp will have a faster exp rate and hopefully fv loot rules, there's about 14 of us total that aren't playing on coirnav and never will. If a better tlp doesn't come out next year were done with eq.
  14. Ohfuggle Elder

What do you want 100x XP rate and an unlock every month? It's unrealistic. It's already VERY fast as is.
  15. Jontrann Augur

Hes not asking for x100 XP rate, what people want is for the exp rate to be as good as it was on agnarr which most people consider to be the best iteration of a tlp server daybreak has ever done.
  16. Elocar New Member

As an officer in Path of the Damned I can assure you there is no merger in talks or plans with Kill Mode. We have a lot of respect for the members of Kill Mode and hold them in very high regard. They are an exceptional group of people but a merger is currently not in plans.
  17. Risiko Augur

Yes. Fake news. Those aren't top tier guilds, so judging a server by them is laughable at best. Plus, I know that one of those guilds is imploding because of issues between it's members, and has nothing at all to do with the server.

Perspective is a hell of a thing.
    Barton likes this.
  18. a_librarian Augur

The xp rate is not very fast, it's as slow as it gets on any modern EQ server. Hardcore players can deal with it easily by powerleveling, boxing, AE groups and so on. Casual players hope for the best and quit when they feel like they can't progress
  19. Master Kahleem Augur

Coirnav really is a case-study in how not to do a TLP.

Agnarr/Ragefire exp rates + need a different ruleset.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  20. Machentoo Augur

Especially not if they keep spreading the population out with more and more TLP's.

I think the only possibly way to beat Phinigel's popularity would be if they took a break from starting new TLP's for the next 2-3 years.