How is the Coirnav server going?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by northstar, Mar 17, 2018.

1. northstar Augur

Currently I am playing SWTOR, but seriously thinking of returning and playing a Druid? Yeah they are a dime a dozen I am sure, would love to get into raiding though but have hearing issues so can't use Discord... And it doesn't make sense at least to me to type in discord, when I can type in game...

If anyone out there is rolling a fresh character I play 12+ hours a day on a 24/7 schedule. Let me know I can play any class but just rather not play a cleric for the most part. Afk a lot sometimes :p
  2. Goodnews Augur

addicts thrive in EQ
  3. Candystore Augur

Again, TLP are very casual unfriendly.

Almost all serious raiding guild require you to actively run Discord on TLP.

This can readily be explained by the fact that EQ's TLP are very US / UK focused with almost no international presence.

International players have always been able to prevent games being voice-chat-only, because to them it is like you being forced to speak in Spanish when your native tongue is English.

Speaking English for foreigners is far more difficult than writing it, foreigners practice writing and reading English all the time, but most are very alien actually having to speak English.

TLP are almost entirely made up from US / UK players, there are no French / German / Japanese guilds I am aware of, like there used to be in EQ.

Requiring Discord is an issue for people with:

-hearing issues
    -speaking issues
    -people who don't speak native English, most foreigners write excellent English, but have no practice speaking it
    -people with family, roommates around, who can't shout while gaming
    andross77 likes this.
  4. Farore Journeyman

it's fun. seen many picks in popular places. people don't seem to have a difficult time finding groups. not as populated as phinny was when it first opened, but still good.

really if you wanna know how well it's doing, just look at the forums. the amount of forum warrioring has dramatically dropped since coirnav's launch.
  5. Valanie Lorekeeper

Hey northstar, the server is a blast so far. Twisted Profits members are mostly around level 20 now but with your play time you will catch up in no time. Check out our guild, its filled with great people who want to raid. Despite your hearing problems, as long as you read up on all strategies before the raids, you will be fine. I can help type out important instructions if no one else does.
    -Arya <Twisted Profits>
  6. Filnydar Journeyman

I expect a different population curve on Coirnav : it's not as full as Phinigel/Agnarr when they launched, but it will get more refugees from the other TLP servers over time.
  7. Green_Mage Augur

I honestly think this will be the least popular TLP of all time...

The leveling is going slower and there are less people..this leads to an anti-climatic feeling.

It feels like a test server almost TBH.
  8. Dawdle Augur

I don't mind the slower xp, longer grinds would mean more time to meet people as a returning player. However, GL finding a grp and if you cannot find one then you can do what I did and get one together but there aren't enough picks.

Waited around UR for 4 hours trying to get MR after hitting lvl 15 but only 5 or 6 instances open and more then half of them had box's in MR and FP, the other half were taken. The min you got one to open three grps were fighting over every camp.

I am boxing 2 toons so I left gave up on the grp thing and did some reverse charm kiting. Sitting at lvl 18 now but then I started thinking... slower xp, longer grinds, time to meet people and yet... Yeah I logged and am starting up another 4 accounts to add to my box on FV.

Just not enough return/newer players this time around. Have to stick with the people I now know from Agnarr and FV, non of which wanted to try this server out.

My advice for newer/return players is go to Agnarr get your nostalgia in; then if your not burnt out after 6 months and still playing why not give FV a try. It's not pay to win or buy your way on FV it's just easier to catch up. At least with the xp bonus from the event and the server you can progress very fast.

So here's the thing... Would of stuck around if I found a grp or when I had found/formed a grp we could of had a pick option to get a camp but I hate wasting time. I already have a lot going for me on Agnarr and PoP will be fun. From there I will just go back to live. Having relived this once is enough and glad I did it on Agnarr and not Coirnav. If doing old content is really your thing you can always start a thread, find players and do it on Agnarr still. NToV in PoP era will never be solo/molo like it is on live.
  9. Death Strudel Augur

The levelling is just too slow for a reward that will not come for 1.5 years. It's painful. (And GL getting a group if you don't have a pre-made crew, I found it sucked, even as a cleric)
    andross77 likes this.
  10. Machentoo Augur

One of the top Euro raid guilds on Phinigel doesn't use discord. Native English speakers are in the minority too, I'm pretty sure, and they have quite a few players from France, Germany, Scandinavia, Spain...

There are guilds for just about every type of player on Phinigel, from hardcore raiding to guilds that raid very casually once or twice a week with no voice chat required.
  11. Misaligned Augur

It feels like half the server population is people 6-boxing. I'm not anti-boxing and am running 3 myself, but an observation. I haven't seen this many people 6-boxing since Ragefire.
    andross77 likes this.
  12. Green_Mage Augur

I think the devs got the exp rates backwards to be honest, they should have done agnarr with the slow rate and this one with the quick one. Hindsight is 20/20 though...although it should have been obvious p99 players were headed for agnarr and they have the highest tolerance for slow exp.

I think slower exp is a good idea -- and there are things I like about it already...It just wasn't a good combo with a lower than usual population. People are going to be leaving Agnarr more after the pop era...not before it.

I'm still planing raid and progress until another TLP...but I got to tell you this place will be a ghost town after another tlp launch -- I can see that coming already.
  13. Scrax Elder

Got to level 4 with a dual box, gave up. Just too slow for me. I don't see how it could survive, without an exp bonus this server will be totally uncatchable after classic. Leveling to 60 when behind? Not happening. Sorry, but this is a dead server. Maybe I'll catch the next one.

Like too painful with 50% bonus and a dual box. Wtf, lol.
    andross77 likes this.
  14. Tachyon Augur

Boring as sin! I tried to do just one more time but i'd rather take an ice pick to the forehead!!

EQ was fun while it lasted, and it lasted long!
    andross77 likes this.
  15. TeeEHLpee Augur

exp rate sucks
  16. eqzekisdead Augur

I have only heard complaining about it, nothing positive.
  17. kamikazeheart Elder

Wow so much negativity, this has not been my experience at all. I’m playing a wizard which tends to be a low demand class but I get groups within minutes of putting up LFG. I’ve seen boxer groups but they are far from dominating the server as many would have you believe. All the groups I’ve been in have been a lot of fun with everyone only playing one character. The population is higher than servers were back during original EQ launch which means it’ll stay healthy for years. I think this forum just has a high percentage of negativity because all the people having fun are in the game and not here to complain. If you miss EQ now is a great time to come back!
  18. Tachyon Augur

It really sucks. Never seen such a negative player base on any EQ server. In don't think that it's completely justified, but it is what it is!!
  19. Fluid Augur

+1<5ish?> to future looks bad. Understand that I am not going to be a permanent resident there, just leveling up a few characters and looking around.

Low population, different ZEM, six box teams of Krono famers, and all the difficulties that will go with those observations.

Some are self defeating features. You get near zero experience for a dark blue kill in some zones, 0-2% for an even con in some zones, only play that pays is right zone and/or even or higher cons. This just about makes a group necessary but there just aren't enough people to group consistently. Lot of poop sockers too: If there is a formed group, it is liable to stay static for 12 hours before they need a replacement.

Druid would be a good choice because they can take tough cons, just takes them a long time + med as opposed to maybe never solo with some of the other character types.
  20. Hdizzle Augur

I’m not even making Toons on Corn until next week. Freahly launched TLPs are just annoying (imo) .

If DBG has their foresight buffs on.. they’ll bump xp when the anny bonus ends. If its anything like phinny’s xp at launch, it will be difficult to join this server late, to say the least.