How do you guys personally view Warriors ?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Whulfgar, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Whulfgar Augur

As the heading asks ..

How do you guys personally view Warriors ?

How do you think they should .. Warrior ?

How would YOU .. personally change if anything .. Warrior ?
  2. Lianeb Augur

I tank things, I tank them well. I aggro things, I aggro them well. Some feel I do it to well.

It is really all I expect to do.
    All the other stuff is fluff
    DruidCT likes this.
  3. Jaylin Augur

Asking for stranger danger whulfgar! Any opinions posted shall be bashed and players shall be made to feel stupid!

All that aside.. I would like warriors to get in on the proc ability aa lines like paladins and sks. Sks have a tap proc, paladins a direct heal if i recall. I wouldnt mind seeing us proc the recourse of Brace for impact. One of the earlier versions where it wont overwrite the clickable version, but could still proc it during downtime and such. Raid setting it wouldnt help a ton, but the other tanks versions help far more in the group than raid.

Afterall warriors would have the best mitigation, so the proc would make more sense. Or i would like to see us proc a hit limit, maybe 2 hit limit, of the prenerfed NTTB.

Couple reductions to current abilities would be nice as well.(new aa for new expansion campaign)
    Offensive to be taken off the defensive line. Or it to not have such harsh penalties.
    Something to actually do with our endurance when not tanking. So an upgrade to shield topple or something like that.
    A massive upgrade to Warlords Resurgence, and possibly a slot change. It currently knocks off beast crack line, for like 300 hp.
    A raid/group bp click that is useful
  4. Repthor Augur

only thing i want as a warrior right now is better options to protect my group members if the situation calls for it for whatever reason (scripted memblurs, total aggrowipes with a sudden aggro pool towards a certen member)
    /shield is a terrible ability in its current form the dmg protection for it is out of date with the game. i whould want a group version

that when we hit it it gives the group a buff like preincarnation . if they get hit they lose 80% aggro. and on fade it triggers a rune for 20k dmg or somethign along them lines or a vie type ability for say 60% dmg. lasts 1 minute . on a 3- 4 minute cooldown. it need to have stacking issues with other tanks to not be useble on other tanks. and it should be added to sks as well as warriors. but not paladins as paladins can alreaddy save their team mates with heals
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I pretty much view our warriors as follows:

[IMG]

Especially the unholy and foul creatures that are the male barbarian ones. They need to reroll, regender or get the fudge out of the game for failing so hard.

In general warriors are necessary to get to the greenseer, but otherwise....Hodor!
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  6. Dre. Altoholic

Abstract: Don the heaviest armor. Wield the heaviest weaponry. Battle fearlessly and endure tirelessly.

Roles: Tanking

Tools: Highest mitigation, high agro, burst survival

Ancillary: Baseline DPS
  7. Elricvonclief Augur

How do I view warriors?

You guys hold the Biig Guy's attention, while I toss out an occasional splash and chat with the healers! :D
    Mayfaire, Whulfgar and Nennius like this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Agree here. A really good warrior who can hold aggro and postion a target is a treasure.
  9. Dre. Altoholic

We are not without problems. None of these are new, all have yet to be properly addressed:
    • Barriers to entry for new Warriors - Gear dependence, total lack of soloability, poor low level agro.
    This is just baffling, as if we actually want to turn people off to the class before they even get a taste of what being a Warrior is really like. Even with good gear, merc tanks beat player Warriors hands down for the first 70 levels. Agro is pathetic until nearly level 100. Plus, it doesn't help that tanks have higher demands on their gear than other archetypes. And how have we come 16 years selectively, but completely ignoring the fact that a handful of classes are precluded from being able to solo?
    • Dying too fast. I should be able to react to spikes in incoming damage. So should my healer.
    This is bigger than the Warrior class and has a lot to do with mudflation of healing. A design shift toward less chaotic damage intake I see as a good thing. A significant boost to hitpoints, stagnation of healing and AC/ATK ratios that favor player tanks could make tanking and healing more dynamic and enjoyable. A potion/healing system that has more impact than making people laugh would be a nice step too.
    • Dying slowly from attrition by a handful of enemies that would be trivial to almost any other class.
    Warriors need to unfairly dominate lower level enemies. Weak/low DI hits from trash mobs that are 2-3 expansions old should probably do zero damage. The way Warriors win should be outlasting their opponents, but this is the opposite of the current mechanics. Extreme regeneration can help make us harder to kill the longer the fight lasts, rather than easier.
    • That I can't channel Howl because some joker decided Concentration AA shouldn't work on AA abilities.
    This is just infurating. Make it instant. And maybe an AE stun before the fade so we have a fighting chance to get away before being instantly re-agrod/killed.
    • The respite/rest/reprieve system limiting me to fraction of my END pool most of the time.
    This band-aid to an underdeveloped endurance management vision rotted off long ago but we keep copy/pasting it nonetheless. Come on, guys. We can do better than "Endurance welfare".
    • Proficiency system sucks / Dual Wield lacking worthy identity.
    Dzarn hinted we may see some traction on this. I'm hesitantly optimistic.
    Mayfaire, beryon and Elricvonclief like this.
  10. Iila Augur

Those red bars on my xtar that can aggro half the zone by accident and live. Then they tank really well for a while, before suddenly dying and whining for buffs after I 90% res them.

They're also not SKs because SKs never log in.
    Tour and Mayfaire like this.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

I feel sorry for your warriors, if truly is the case bud ..
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Nope, hence me asking for your guys personal view's on the matter. How can anyone ever logically state "YOUR personal" view is completely WRONG zomg zomg zomg NERF ! !
    hehe just messn, but yeah thats why I am asking for personal view's / opinions here.
  13. Jaylin Augur

I would like to introduce you to the internet... lol. Logic doesnt exist, but know exactly why any opinion other than their own is wrong heh
  14. Brohg Augur

Warlord's Resurgence could have doubled in magnitude with every level increase since it was introduced, it would remain lower in impact than the priest HoTs that they don't even waste a spell slot on. I would like to see just that - a backfilling of Warlord's Resurgence ranks doubling its magnitude with each level increase. Three VoA ranks +100/tick each, three RoF ranks +200/tick each, three TDS ranks +400/tick each. No stepping on knight toes, since it's useless in a crisis. Just a way to be a little tougher over the course of 10 minutes
  15. Makavien Augur

I feel once a warrior stacks the 500 things they have to stack we are in a wonderful place or they stack certain things together in certain situations we are great in that situation.

We could use a little more power in spell mitigation on raids.

We could also use a little more power in saving our group members ie remove the detriment from /shield and make it auto target the lowest group member or auto assist the npc we are targeting.
    The conversion ratio is way off they should take like 25% of the damage and we should use our mastery of arms and armory to shield block most of the blows taking 50% of the damage at the most.

Something else cool would be something like /phalanx while in a group with 2 other warriors it would split all the damage to 1/3 each per warrior giving a combined 80% block rate for a minute or so.

I feel our single aa and disciplines need to be made stronger and the weaker things need to be removed.
    Ie field outfitter if we need to cast something every 42 secs it should be pretty substantial for the groups survival *as an example- A 10% spell mitigation group buff would be more substantial to healers and other tanks standing back and avoiding taking damage than an ac buff would be (would need to stack with enchanter buffs and I am not saying Field Outfitter should be removed but maybe only land on tanks).

I feel some of our hatred stuff also needs to be combined with a few of the debuffs and buffs we do to minimize the amount of wack a mole that is going on.

Moving some of our discs to a new timer was great, it is a step in the right direction.

I use 10 hotbars with 2 of them at least being macros and then the rest single combat abilities or aa buttons and item clicks. When I look at other classes User Interface's I cry a little on the inside.

I would love a little bit of my old school heavy melee damage ability back but, I would also like it to synergize with the rest of my class. I shouldn't just be dpsing or tanking . I never sit back and let someone else tank unless it's in a raid and even then they best not be slacking at all because I will make up for their delay.

I also understand my dps is not really what matters except when in group content so on raids we would be the average joe out of the dps parse. But dps is our only secondary job and it needs to be meaningful and help give us a reason to be chosen as the group's tank.

I would also love for them to create tabbed chat windows not just to help the warriors but , I feel warriors need to be aware of a lot of stuff going on and I use 10 of those also .

Adding to the aggro meter with the 1st and 2nd rampage targets would be another thing that could help us so we don't have to use gamparse overlay for that.
  16. Mayfaire Augur

These in particular, yes, yes, yes and more yes.

Regarding point one, when I first rolled May, I had no clue that the merc tanks were so OP. Plus I was not in a guild, plus I am kinda shy about grouping with people (especially peeps I don't know). So, try to imagine the pain of me, clueless newb warrior, and my little cleric merc, trying to get anything done. LOL. I actually moloed to about 72 before I joined a guild. I look back at that and I wonder how I made it through. But, what the hell did I know, I was having fun even though I died a ton - and omg, the wait in between mobs for the cleric to med, kill meeeeeeeee, lol.
  17. Mayfaire Augur

To answer your question, Whulfgar, this is how I see Mayfairre:

[IMG]

:D

But seriously. Job one: Don't die. Job two: Keep aggro.

Pretty simple, though my 10 bars of hot keys beg otherwise (I feel your pain, Makavian!!! :eek:).
  18. Triconix Augur

I'd flip those. You won't be dying much if you don't have aggro.

How do I personally see myself? As a small yellow mouse who shoots lightning.

What am I really? A useless meatsack who gets his face mashed in on a nightly basis.
    Sheex likes this.
  19. Mayfaire Augur

But Tri, you can't keep aggro when you're dead. lol :p
    Damoncord likes this.
  20. Triconix Augur

But if you don't have aggro initially, you ultimate job of keeping the squishies alive will be an ultimate fail! I suppose though, that you would be fulfilling job one by not dying if you don't have aggro...Oh my lord we have reached a paradox in the existence of the warrior class :eek:
    Mayfaire and Damoncord like this.