How do I display timestamps in my chat windows?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by moogs, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moogs Augur

I see someone on YouTube with them and they're using the default interface. Unable to locate the setting.
    Felicite likes this.
  2. Nudia Augur

Wasn't aware you could. Beimeith mentioned it being funny when people send him logs that have two sets of time stamps as a result of a "certain 3rd party program" - perhaps that's...this?

Default user interface with a taste of the dirty stuff?
  3. Tvarian Augur

I think I remember having this on my screen when I first started playing EQ, many years ago, but I haven't used it since my first year playing. I don't remember how I got it to display. Maybe I'm just thinking of the time stamp in the log files.
  4. moogs Augur

I don't see anything "dirty" going on.

You guys can see plain as day that this is a real thing. There must be a /command to enable it.

5. Slippry Augur

Watch the chat window during the start of the vid. The timestamps don't appear on any new lines. She turned off the cheat program before starting the video, but didn't clear the chat boxes.
    [IMG]
    From 1:36 into the video, the lines without timestamps appeared since the start of the video.
  6. moogs Augur

Damn it.

I'm assuming that there is some hidden native support, because the timestamps show up in my bazaar log files.

Devs, can we add an option for this? The last time I saw someone ask about it on the forums was back in 2012. It would be nice to have, especially when AFK and receiving tells and scrolling up through guild chat.

If the user in the video is using an additional tool, it's not my business what she is using it for. Probably for the timestamps alone; I would do the same. And I didn't mean to "out" her; it's a great and informative YouTube channel.
    Felicite likes this.
  7. gotwar Gotcharms

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiii....

Too funny.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Nudia Augur

This would be really nice, too.

Maybe this can be another item on the long list of things that started as third party "hacks" and got pulled into EQ because it should've been available anyway.

Still funny, though.
  9. moogs Augur

Shadva Del`Shai likes this.
  10. eqmule New Member

Using a timestamp addon in any other game would just be considered "using a addon" but when you do it in eq... CHEAT!!! *running away* *sky is falling* *unfair advantage*

I CAN tell u its not the program u think it is, its just the timestamp addon.
    please close the thread before it derails into a discussion about which 3D party tools are "legal"
  11. Tvarian Augur

I looked around online and could not find anything to show that, except for some weird way in that *bad* program. Thought maybe there was some old hidden command.

I did see a reference on an old message board that made reference to a command that came out on test, /chat_show_time on, but that command is invalid. I'm wondering if what I remember seeing was some custom UI that had the ability to show them. I used to try out a few custom UIs the first year when I started EQ, but I haven't bothered with them since then. There used to be a program where it was allowed to run EQ through (EQPlayNice, or WinEQ... not sure what it was called) and I thought maybe that's where I seen it.

The more I think of it though, I think what I'm remembering is time stamping on an online chat room program I used to use, before I learned of EverQuest, and being used to seeing it thinking it would be good to have in EQ. Old WinIRC or something like that. Used to play an online text game too that time stamped everything, which was a LoTR game.

I'm gettin old...
    moogs likes this.
  12. Xikteny Augur

13. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

14. Hellboy007 Augur

Ohh so funny.
  15. Hellboy007 Augur

but clearly EQ has a 3rd party software issue. but hey they was at the key board for making the video so all is well.
    ProgRambo likes this.
  16. MagePower New Member

Magelo of the Cheater here. Officer of a guild called Slayers of the Night.
    Drogba likes this.
  17. moogs Augur

That's not constructive.
    Nandary Griefs and ProgRambo like this.
  18. Goranothos Augur

Newsflash: Nobody gives a s**t.

She posts a lot of very informative videos on how to play a chanter. I could log in and within 15 minutes find a group of bots farming XP. To me that's far, far worse than using some software that shows timestamps in your chat windows.
  19. Brohg Augur

Rule breaking should be discouraged, of course, but I find self righteous wannabe vigilantes distasteful in the extreme.
  20. Sancus Augur

To be fair, pretty sure she isn't using said third party program just for timestamps in her chat windows....
    svann, Warpeace, Hellboy007 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.