Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Khat_Nip Meow

Don't even try to justify what some people were doing. It was a blatant exploit that those people doing it knew full well what they were taking advantage of.
    Axxius, Bobsmith and svann like this.
  2. Littlelegs Elder

i disagree bigstomp. im just some internet guy, but surely you can see that it isnt so black and white as that. i dont know what the exploit was. but 'if you stand here the ae doesnt hit you' is different to me than whatever mechanism you use to modify code which i cant even mock because i have no idea how that works.

in my raiding times i have seen chests rot (during progression) because of 'unfair wins'. they WERE unfair wins, and i respect the guild leadership for restricting loots.

pop the dang npc for us to do the raids the legit way and elect bigstomp to hunt down anyone cheezin the mission. my vote fwiw.

merry xmas.
  3. Millianna Augur

Don’t try to use the word “exploit” to justify bad programming and content design. What else is broken in this expansion?
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Do a mission, get a 6 hour lockout. Done. That's the expectation.
    Igniz likes this.
  5. Igniz Augur

Bad design or not, if you ask yourself "It is possible - should I do it?" and common sense, fairplay, EULA and your group mates scream "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!" - Don't do it. It's that simple.

In case of "It's not intended but possible" it's at the discretion of the devs to decide whether it's an exploit or not. In this case, devs clearly stated they consider circumventing the lockout an exploit.
  6. Bahdah Augur

7. Axxius Augur

If you are talking about raiding at 4 am on Dec 26, then perhaps DBG is doing you a favor. :rolleyes:
    Thraine likes this.
  8. Matari Augur

They launched game knowing this problem exists. Common sense tells you to fix it prior to launch- not wait until a month after release and throttle everyone’s experience.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  9. Bahdah Augur

3am.
    Slippry likes this.
  10. smash Augur

I seriously doubt they knew it, probably people on beta did not exploit there.

Oh and 14 days=1month? It has only been out 13 days.

People who did that should have at least 1 month ban, and a roll back prior to expansion release.
  11. Bahdah Augur

12. Bamboompow Augur

That is what the majority of players do. Unfortunately, there are always those few who consistently believe that the rules are for chumps, however. Some of those who are upset about the lack of the raid NPC's availability might also be members of organizations who harbor those who put getting ahead over maintaining the integrity of the game.

Anyway, another year. Another "successful beta". Lots of good raid mechanic learning but probably not so much on finding bugs or rooting out exploits....or at least reporting them.
  13. Thraine Augur

all EQ integrity was lost the day Kronos came out
  14. Rafather Augur

I'm not sure what is worse, raiding for an hour at 5 am and be done for the next 4.5 days. Or, raid at a "normal" start time and wipe a few times.
  15. Axxius Augur

Dunno which one of those is worse, but I know what's better: raid at a normal time and be done quickly without wiping. :p
    Thrillho and Maedhros like this.
  16. Fnyanea Augur

This exploit has been possible in some missions at expansion release at least as far back as COTF (the neriak1 mission was being doing like this for the AC aug). If they didn't know, they REALLY should have.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  17. Karhar Dream Crusher

CoTF? Seeds of Destruction Rallos Returns raid, lockouts were dodged all over the place there.
    Hiladdar and Thancra like this.
  18. Sindaiann Augur

Return the NPC
    Return the NPC
    Return the NPC
    Return the NPC
    Return the NPC
    Hiladdar, Allayna, Fehu and 1 other person like this.
  19. Bahdah Augur

Sancus likes this.
  20. Bahdah Augur