Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Bahdah Augur

2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its an xmas gift for guilds number 2-5!
  3. Inca Lorekeeper

If your local grocery store releases coupons to the public that have misprints on them, like a gallon of milk for $0.01 instead of $1.00 (for example), is the customer 'exploiting' the grocery store for trying to use the coupon?

Should the grocery store banish customers for taking advantage of the grocery store's mistake?

Why would Daybreak banish paying customers for those customers taking advantage of Daybreak's error? With the rate at which Daybreak errors, it would have had to banish all of it's customers already!
  4. Inca Lorekeeper

(Did I use this exploit? No. I did know about it though, by having been invited to tank that cactus... It doesn't drop anything that was of much interest to me anyway....)
  5. Bahdah Augur

So you did use it?
  6. kizant Augur

Yes
  7. Inca Lorekeeper

No. I was invited to do a mission in OT that I knew nothing about.
  8. Inca Lorekeeper

Will you remember this when it is you with the coupon in your hand? Probably not...
  9. Sindaiann Augur

In purely the grocery store analogy and the fact I have 4 kids, i would use the crap out of those coupons.

Lol
    Hiladdar and Inca like this.
  10. Bahdah Augur

Its not what im reading

Or is it still early and im reading it wrong?
  11. Inca Lorekeeper

I work in a grocery store..and have witnessed similar situations. We did not banish any of our customers for our error. Instead, we greeted them happily, honored our errant coupons and then looked forward to seeing them again...because they would actually come back.

You do not banish your paying customers over your screw ups.
    Tatanka and Hiladdar like this.
  12. kizant Augur

I tell cashiers when they forget to charge me for an item I'm buying so I don't see why I'd treat the coupon any different. Not everyone is selfish like you. I can understand it if you're having trouble making ends meet and don't have much of a choice but if you're doing OK financially then there's no excuse. Just own up to it. I'm not saying you personally shouldn't take advantage of other people when the opportunity presents itself. That's up to you. Just realize what you're doing and stop pretending that you're entitled to it.

Regardless, this situation has zero in common with the one this thread is about. Nobody is losing money because of exploiting bugs within a video game. Assuming you're not like getting someone elses character deleted or something. You're already paying a monthly fee and you're talking about PvE content. We should be allowed to exploit all the bugs.
  13. Sindaiann Augur

Telling the cashier an error on something scanned and using a coupon they printed are two completely different things, neither of which have anything to do with this situation.

Just return the damn NPC already
  14. Inca Lorekeeper

Right, I selfishly serve people every day in a grocery store...helping feed my neighborhood. I love my neighbors.

Do you?
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

No!, we should be encouraged to submit all the bugs in the bug-thread(or PM a dev about it...), before it gets exploited. To prevent a situation like this from happening.
  16. Inca Lorekeeper

EQ has been running for 18 years. If you don't learn something after 18 years, it ain't gonna happen.
  17. Drogba Augur

Rules are defined by what is programmed into a game as far as I’m concerned. All forms of in game 'exploit' are subjective and unclear, the responsibility should always fall on the developer. Unless you're using tools outside of the game to hack it to gain an advantage. The trend of banning players in mmorpgs for playing to the best of their ability, operating within the confines of what the devs make possible is saddening. If it is coded, it is intended, until stated otherwise, there is only 'doubt' which = bug reports. Most bug reports are assumptions on some level.
    Vdidar and Sindaiann like this.
  18. the Reaver Journeyman

Where's Furor Planedefiler when you need him?
  19. Tamaden Elder

Guys i am reading this every single post and coming to realization most of you are freaking dumb, man children that, not knowing anything about this exploit will report any and all things they might have missed for pass 5 years. Let nerf some more of EQ clearly game is so much fun that not enough players left? Lets ban more players that there is clear lack of in EQ instead of ripping DB a new one on poor game design, copy/pace zones, 100s of bugs, long down times, lazy NPC removal (for 10 days till patch) and on and on and on.......
    BAN EVERYONE!! we can raid with 5 players right?
    You are treated as you allow others to treat you, DB take your cash and said F.U. and your raid needs, that you need every single T1 kill every week to hit T2 or you delayed whole week.
    DB messed up, and you people sitting here pre-banning each other for something that none of you know for fact. (Just watch how many angry people will attack me for speaking the truth)
  20. Mortium Elder

It would be embarrassingly easy to stop this guy giving group missions whilst maintaining raid missions in place. Why that approach wasn't taken instead is truly perplexing.
    Hiladdar likes this.