Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Thraine Augur

couldn't you do this back in TBM?? i remember doing achievments on the demi life hero mission .. getting the 'kill all coffins' ach, then dropping the task without opening the chest and doing it again to get the 'dont kill any coffins' ach .. i guess the only difference is those TBM tasks dropped crap for chest loot.

this 'exploit' has been in the game for at least 3 years.

Putting augs and valuable loot on the loot table was prolly a mistake, i mean did you guys think players wouldn't try this? You devs really aught to play your own game once in a blue moon :)
    Maedhros and Sindaiann like this.
  2. Sindaiann Augur

Yep its the same thing.

Bottom line for us as a player base however, its the holidays. The devs dont do jack on a Sunday, Monday is Xmas day and I would be very very surprised if they returned the NPC Tuesday.

Overall its a pretty huge problem they just created by removing the NPC for the raiding community.
    Hiladdar and Sancus like this.
  3. Endless Augur

This exploit is about as much as getting levitation and going really high up on zone walls of The Hive and then levitating to get to the zone in of Dreadspire Keep instead of fighting through all the mobs to get there like they intended you to do. Or levitating over the fake stairs in Howling Stones instead of fighting through East Wing to get to South Wing (I think).

Yes, really. Way back when GM's actually ran around in the game, I got a warning because instead of fighting through mobs to get somewhere, I levitated over them without getting agro. But that's just thinking outside the box right? Not actually an exploit.
    Hiladdar and Thancra like this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, since DBG specified a lockout-timer for the mission, then circumventing that lockout is indeed an exploit. This isn't "thinking outside the box".:rolleyes: DBG obviously wanted the lockout-timer to prevent people from farming the mission non-stop.

This mission is so quick that even if you got a lockout-timer when you planted the seed, you could drop the mission before planting and still finish the fight, and loot the chest before getting booted.

They will probably have to give a lockout-timer already when requesting the mission(before giving the instance), or something...
    Or maybe just prevent people from opening the chest while players, not in the mission, are inside the instance.:confused:
    Axxius and svann like this.
  5. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Can we at least get the np up for raids? :(
    Sancus likes this.
  6. Riou EQResource

They already fixed this since like Underfoot when iirc a guild was exploiting lockouts. Where anyone who was ever in a Task or DZ got a lockout on chest open/event win. They just stopped implementing it for whatever reason.
    Thancra likes this.
  7. Jaay Lorekeeper

Instead of removing the NPC make a CLEAR statement that anyone that uses the exploit from a certain point gets a PERMABAN, And if you are stupid enough to do it anyway then well, good on you...

Simple solution that wont crap on the majority of the community.
  8. Jaerlyn Augur

I'm sorry, but what in the history of EQ would make you think they will actually punish the people who cheat?
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Claimgate 2016.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I honestly don't think it's just the drop before opening the chest. If it was, all of the NPC's would be down. The other missions may take longer, but they're still doable if that's what it was. Someone in Rogue serverwide last night mentioned you could spawn the cactus a second time. I assume just talking to Hortulanus again. If so, would that simply result in a second chest without even dropping task? And would that also apply to the raid - which is far worse...
  11. Axxius Augur

They added all that anti-exploit stuff to the raids, but somehow not to the missions.
    Riou likes this.
  12. Vanrau Augur

Probably to save overhead since the servers are all probably ran on VM's on Atari 2600's.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

I cant imagine risking my account for some t1 group gear. Do you even get the currency without finishing the task? I feel like im going to spend the next several months starting and finishing my game sessions killing the cactus for aug currency, exploiting it to waste the cactus even more seems self punishing.

+1 vote for bringing the npc back for raiders asap.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Hopefully this is resolved Tuesday/Wednesday time frame. DB know that guilds are in the race to get to T2, asap..

As for the exploits, I dont give two crap. It could be locked/timer upon getting the task for all that I care.
  15. Kolani Augur

OTOH, getting to The Arisen in Howling Stones isn't exactly friendly, every group I've been in on my shadowknight has been myself, my shaman box, and 2-4 raiders. Further, you can't request Fell Foilage without crawling back to those same Arisen. I don't think a whole lot of group players have the flags to request Fell Foilage yet, so therein lies the conclusion that the people exploiting the lockout timer are...raiders.
  16. Millianna Augur

Cheating is using modified code. Finding away around a poorly designed mechanism is DBG’s problem. They need fix the problem without throttling everyone else’s experience.
    Hiladdar and Drogba like this.
  17. Cicelee Augur

As someone who is part of a top five guild that is part of the race... I honestly believe that DBG does not care about "the race". I also believe that not one developer is concerned about "the race" either.

I know that we, the players, care. You do, I do, ROI does, Triton and CT and ROV and MS and all the other top 5/10/15 guilds care. But I disagree with the notion that DBG and any developer cares. "The race" is a player created thing to provide us competition with each other. It has nothing to do with anything DBG makes...

Again, I am in a high end guild. I am aware of the bummer of not being able to raid Fell Foliage. I know how this can put a wrench in guild raid schedules, planning, etc etc. So I get it. And I care. But not DBG...
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What? Go stand by the NPC when it gets back and watch people go in. LOL. Just about everyone has the flags to do it. It's 3 tasks, and it's not hard to do 3 tasks in 2 weeks. Give me a break.
    svann likes this.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

Whatever it is, those cheating I'm sure are very aware they were cheating. Ban em. The only exploit I can think of is getting loot/credit faster than intended. They know what a mission is supposed to reward/replay timer. Ban em.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

Using your so called modified code, is not much different. A mechanic was found a hole in and it was exploited. Cheating is cheating.