Holly quote.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Symbius, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greymere Augur

helped unlock the server vote by downing raid targets would be one I'm sure....

But has nothing to do with the topic of this thread so maybe the back and forth could stop and go back to offering criticisms of the the development teams position and feedback for them.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  2. Nenake Elder

Nay wasn't talking to you but thanks tho
  3. Mashef_8013 Elder

38 pages....

Look if your upset about the quote you need to do 2 things:

1. Do not post on the forums that only DBG pays attention - DBG has stated their thoughts. Like it or not it is how it is within the game and the forums.

2. Email/Write Columbus Nova, this is the investment firm that bought DBG from Sony. Investor's don't like claims of discrimination from new investments. Furthermore if DBG is enough headache for the investment group a much needed changing of the guard would occur within DBG. The link for the company that owns this forum is: http://www.columbusnova.com/contact.html

As a foot note I claim indifference. I despise the raid changes but think they did a great job on the server poll.
  4. Fallanthas Lorekeeper

Hey Holly, hear that? That's the sound of more accounts being cancelled. Enjoy your elitist attitude.

I'm going to sit here, enjoy a beer and watch you "hardcore" enthusiasts circle the drain and complain about how there are no resources dedicated to your personal soapbox game anymore.
  5. sihpa Augur

So while everyone was thrown off about the casual comment few picked up on
    I am assuming this is just lip service to make it sound like this issue is being addressed somehow.

I personally dont mind boxed toons too much but it has a context. In later expansions they dont bother me at all because they're doing their thing in instances and it really doesnt effect me other than their ability to inflate market prices. I DO mind them when they're used to monopolize content that isnt instanced. There is no way around social outcasts before instancing. Ya ya dps race brah.. sorry but that doesnt cut it. Not everyone wants to roll around in the mud with the dredges of humanity.

Later on in the article it implies that IF they address the boxing issue it would be on a future TLP.
    That is wishful thinking imo because once these servers go down in flames, due to the ones in charge refusal to do whats best for the majority, there wont be another TLP worth giving two bits about.

TLP 1.0 was a success as far as I can tell. They went the distance and integrated to the live servers as well as anyone could have hoped. TLP 2.0, on the other hand, are a shadow of what TLP 1.0 was from what I can tell. The griefing, monoplization, lack of repercussions for antisocials etc etc had reached a new high. TLP 3.0? I can only see it going further down the spiral at an accelerated pace due to a lack of addressing the SAME problems that were present on 1.0, 2.0 and now again on 3.0.

Assuming your player base will come back for a 4th helping of the same ol BS is the epitome delusional thinking. You better hope pharmaceuticals become mandated otherwise I dont see noncrazies giving it the time of day.
    Artemis-Entreri likes this.
  6. rekais910 Augur

4.0 might require the implementation of a PvPvE server and a PvE server (competiton and instancing respectively)
  7. Sinzz Augur

they have had such negative feedback im not even sure why they would bother with this ever again imho
  8. rekais910 Augur

Which is sad because if the developers were to open their minds up to the possibility of player retention and customer happiness they could figure out solutions that are targeted for everyone.
  9. Greymere Augur

Funniest thing is the majority wasn't even requesting equal access but more limited access free from player abuses, meaning their customer base was willing to accept a lesser of two evils.
    Artemis-Entreri and Vaclav like this.
  10. rekais910 Augur

What do you mean by limited access? Also which two evils do you refer to? lol
  11. Skipper Augur

You guys just like to read your own comments. If you put as much effort into creating a raid guild as you do foaming at the mouth on this forum, you would be able to compete for content.

I am ashamed to be on the same planet as some of you.
  12. Greymere Augur

Most of the suggestions being floated were for raids with lockout timers longer than existing respawn timers or with loot that wasnt tradeable, meanings it would be of lesser quality than current contested content.

By lesser of two evils i meant players were willing to accept more limited access in terms of content provided it was free from toxic behavior.
  13. sihpa Augur

Nothing that you posted couldnt be turn around on you word for word. Might want to step back and get a grip.
  14. Greymere Augur

Thanks Skipper your posts always add so much to conversations, and if you ever read any posts you would already know many of us are in raid guilds that are already regularly completing the content on TLP servers
  15. rekais910 Augur

Then it sounds like you don't know about what we're talking about. The competition is toxic and entirely destroys the point of playing a video game. I've been in the competition and while I enjoyed when we took out targets there were too many problems where the "competition" involved getting trained and other toxic behavior. Maybe if you took the time to read the comments and understand what we are talking about you wouldn't have to find a new planet to live on.

Edit: Dam three people responded to his stupid post.
  16. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Well, given the choice, I'd prefer to be part of the segment of people trying to make things better for the majority of people. I welcome your shame.
  17. Jamz Augur

I think yesterday was sure enough proof to see Rosengard, RoI, Apok and several other guilds were using 3rd party programs to track raid mobs.

You guys claiming your guilds are clean are ludicrous.
    Elkay likes this.
  18. rekais910 Augur

Ahh ok thanks I wanted clarification. Those were ideas that were trying to give the competition the edge while giving everyone else an enjoyable experience. It was our way of giving a compromise instead of just asking for access to the raid targets outright. Which makes perfect sense to me.
  19. rekais910 Augur

Haha none of the raiding guilds are clean. It's all filled with toxicity!
  20. Skipper Augur

This thread is absurd. Beam me up Scotty, this planet is insane.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.