Heroic level 85 Enchanter Advice

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Qest T. Silverclaw, Mar 15, 2014.

1. silku Augur

Mayhaps if one has information they deem important enough to want to repeat it with every post, they could simply redesign their signature to reflect the nature of their self advertisement?
    drkoli, Enkel and Dandin like this.
  2. Brohg Augur

What specializations for enchanters? Mez is real cheap, but shares spec with dots, so like, Evo primary conj second? or does Abj for runes get one of the top spots?
  3. silku Augur

I'd imagine that Evo primary abj secondary would be the common thing anymore. Conjuration isn't as important as it used to be. I should respec eventually.
  4. Sancus Augur

Out of curiosity (as I have to respec my enc), which spells use abjuration? I definitely agree with Evocation as primary, but I'm torn on secondary atm.
  5. Brohg Augur

Abj is runes (edit:and Tash! who knew?), Conj is mezzes, dots, auras. Divi is stuns, don't think divi spec has been a thing in some years. Alter is buffs & slows.
  6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I recently respecialized my enchanter to evocation / conjuration.

Trying to get conjuration as a secondary spec was miserable. The respecialization quest resets all your specialization skills to 49.

To lock in your primary spec, you must get to 276 / 280 skill.
    To lock in your secondary spec, you must get 226 / 275 skill.

ENC have a couple AA that make this difficult -

Deep Sleep causes all mez spells to occasionally proc Deep Sleep and Deep Sleep's Malaise. These procs will get you Alteration and Abjuration skillups. The only way to get Conjuration skillups and avoid them is with Aura spells, which are much slower and more annoying to spam.

Phantasmic Relfex gives mez/stun spells a chance to trigger a rune on the enchanter (Abjuration).

I'm not even sure Conjuration was a good choice, but I'm definitely not going through the trouble of respecing again. :p
  7. Sancus Augur

Ah, I see. I was looking at Enticer's Unity, which is alteration for whatever reason. That and Darkened Rune are the main ones I spam for the most part (I'm sure there are others I should be spamming... but I'm not).

For whatever reason, heroic enchanters specialize in alteration and have secondary in conjuration (and I never changed it)... guess I'll have to decide between Alteration and Abjuration for the secondary spec.
  8. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Specializations are an individual choice. Different Enchanters will give you different answers. In my opinion, if you have to ask, you aren't to the point of needing to worry about it.
  9. Ismel Augur

if you do a lot of charming its worth noting charm is alt also, combined with unity rune and dots make evo/alt most and second most used spells/mana in most cases, assuming your not boxing the enc and are just going with a nuke hotkey + pulling/cc.
  10. Venjenz_vox Venjenz_bertoxx

I'd agree and then add that I personally don't think you ever really need to worry about it.

Probably going to be accused of not being bleeding edge awesome enough to where specializations really are the breaking point between success and failure, but I don't play the same EQ1 as the folks who solo whole raids with their enchanters because it's the only challenge left. For schleps like me at level 100, with like 8k AA and normal/average level 100 gear, the specializations figured themselves out on their own and ended up being Alteration max, Evocation secondary, and so far, my mana bar hasn't really noticed.

To me, the right specializations just sorta happen. In general, how you cast over time will pretty much figure out which school will be the big specialization.

IMHO, YMMV, I could be wrong.