Heroic level 85 Enchanter Advice

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Qest T. Silverclaw, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Dandin Augur

Option A) punt and nuke, punt and nuke until the NPC is dead
    Option B) rotate between a stun and a nuke, until the mob is dead
    Option C) nuke and blur, nuke and blur
    Option D) put a wizard merc on burn, and compliant lurch a NPC. Preventing it from reaching the wizArd
    Option E) go grab a random mob you can charm and ally charm (stun and nuke the opponent)
    Option F) full speed charm kite
    Option G) grab a group

--- there is lots of ways to do the ENC class. It's all based on preference.

Myself? I like to DPS and Pull and Charm. --- and occasionally tank. If something nearby isn't charm able, I'll go find something that is and use it.

If I can't mezz a mob, I'll stun it, if I can do neither, I'll kill it first, then focus on his sleeping friends.

It's not uncommon for me to have 6+ mobs in camp. If I don't have a charmpet, I can get one in a hurry.
  2. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

What about:

Option H) Use damage shield to break mez ward while tanking...I forgot the rest of it.

Maybe you can explain it better?
    silku likes this.
  3. Ozni Elder

Having no real experience with Enc beyond some lower-level boxing, I was able to solo the Heroic J5 quest, thanks in no small part to this thread. I started with the spell lineup suggested in the OP, and although I didn't end up using a buzzsaw pet, I found watching Vizier and Dandin's videos very useful as far as what AA's/Spells I should be using and how I should use them.

When I found the quest mobs were uncharmable, I ran out and picked up blue non-weak spiders and lizardmen nearby and just straight out pet tanked them, and as the quest mobs were weak, this actually worked fairly well. I ended up dropping the cleric merc I started with for most of it, as she kept curing my pet's tash.

I still ended up dying a few times to wandering lizardmen, having no healer and not yet being very familiar with the playstyle, but good god was it fun. Getting jumped, thinking on my feet, trying to figure out how to salvage a bad situation and have it work to my benefit, and actually having it work sometimes. This is what I was hoping playing an enchanter would be like, and even though you guys often don't see eye-to-eye with each other, the collective information you've provided here has been a huge help to me, so I'd just like to say thank you.
    silku likes this.
  4. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

You need to Block the following on your pet:

Promised Renewal
    Fraught Renewal
    Fervent Renewal
    Frenzied Renewal
    Frenetic Renewal
    Frantic Renewal
    Desperate Renewal
    Splash of Sanctification
    Splash of Purification

Those are the spells that often cure Tash. With those blocked, the pet misses out on a great heal, but Tash stays. Easily worth it if you're charming.
  5. Mykaylla Augur

Promised Renewal won't cure tash- it's just the delayed heal (doom buff, procs a heal three ticks later). What will cure tash in addition though, particularly given that a cleric merc was mentioned, is the cleric group heal line:

Word of Restoration
    Word of Replenishment
    Word of Vivification
    Word of Vivacity
    Word of Recovery
    Word of Resurgence
    Word of Rehabilitation
    Word of Reformation

Straight-up cures without a heal component from a cleric that can also cure tash are:

Cure Poison
    Counteract Poison
    Abolish Poison
    Eradicate Poison
    Antidote
    Puratus
    Pure Blood
    Purified Blood
    Purged Blood
    Perfected Blood
    Cleansed Blood

I haven't included curing AAs, because cleric mercs don't have any.
  6. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I guess I went a little too far in my scorched-earth policy of blocking of the "renewal" line. Good info. I bet that Promised heal is good on charmed pets with a shed-load of hps.

I don't have any of the other spells you mentioned blocked, and never have a problem. I suppose it's because the healer mercs never use them on charm pets for whatever reason, and even the worst real healers have enough sense not to.
  7. Eriadoc Elder

Awesome info, but how does one block spells on a pet?
  8. Astran Elder

/blockspell add pet [spell number]

If you have a bunch you want to block you can put them all on the same line.
    Eriadoc likes this.
  9. Eriadoc Elder

Many thanks! I'm assuming I can get the spell numbers from ZAM, right?
  10. Astran Elder

You can. If you look up a particular spell on ZAM, the page you'll go to will have a URL like this:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=13 (I used Complete Heal as an example, a spell you should have universally blocked.)

The last part of the URL (the spell=13 part) is the spell number.
  11. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Also:

EQ Button -> Character -> Blocked Pet Buffs

You can type the spell names in the box.
  12. badpoet New Member

Great post.

My only concern is your assertion that Glowing Reis is the best gear. It is much better than than the stuff the Heroics get, but getting Rustic is what you should be aiming for (better AC, more HP and more Mana, plus a much better click). That'll keep you until 92 when you can upgrade to fear-touched. Price may be an issue for some folks, but if if that's the case they should probably get marks from HAs to upgrade their gear at 90 to the HOT stuff or just stick with the heroic stuff until 92 and save for fear-touched.
    silku and Qest T. Silverclaw like this.
  13. Greyowl Augur

So,

i added

Fraught Renewal
    Fervent Renewal
    Frenzied Renewal
    Frenetic Renewal
    Frantic Renewal
    Desperate Renewal
    Splash of Sanctification
    Splash of Purification
    Word of Restoration
    Word of Replenishment
    Word of Vivification
    Word of Vivacity
    Word of Recovery
    Word of Resurgence
    Word of Rehabilitation
    Word of Reformation

and

Cure Poison
    Counteract Poison
    Abolish Poison
    Eradicate Poison
    Antidote
    Puratus
    Pure Blood
    Purified Blood
    Purged Blood
    Perfected Blood
    Cleansed Blood

to the pet block list. Works great, Tash stays on pet.
    But now my merc has probs to keep the pet alive (Lizard pet vs spiders in Dream Feerot).
    I got to constantly stun the mob to lower dps income on pet.

Anyone else got that problem ?
  14. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

15. Dandin Augur

I also have a charm video up :)
  16. Metacomet New Member

Thanks for this. I came back to start over and didn't wan't to grind up or pay for PL's so i made an 85 enchanter. So far the only downside is being shunned like an ebayer. It's ok though, I have no clue how to play an enchanter past level 60. The overwhelming volume of activated aa's really has my head spinning. I may just go back to my ranger and easy mode.
  17. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I suggest you stick with it. The class is a real blast to play at max levels, and I personally enjoy the challenge. As for the AAs, what I did is pick one per day and play with it and figure out how it works and when to use it. Then, when you're comfortable with one, try another.

You just need groups to do your experiments. I suppose it's understandable that heroic characters are presumed to be terrible, but they aren't going to get better if we shun them. Try making your own groups in easy, high-xp areas, and definitely use /lfguild to find a guild that's willing to at least group with you, if not provide you with a mentor.

So many raid guilds don't have a clue of the real power of Enchanters, and run with just one. That one Enchanter feels like he's one of those guys who spins plates on sticks, and would love to train you up to help him out. I know I've been there, so it would surprise me if they weren't out there.
  18. Dandin Augur

I have a YouTube channel that will help break all that Down for you.

Just search for Dandin Enchanter :)

More content coming soon.
  19. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

If I hadn't already linked to your videos earlier in the thread, I would be a little more understanding of your self-aggrandizing spam.
    silku likes this.
  20. Dandin Augur

Just making sure the info hits the right people