Hellos and Goodbyes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Xintril New Member

You and your family will be in my thoughts. Enjoy them, take care of them, and don't look back. I wish I were brave enough to do the same!
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

Very sorry to see you go - but it's for all the right reasons - I understand.
    Good of you to stay on through "the Patch", so Roshen would not have that on his plate as his 1st major assignment.
    You will be fondly remembered.
    Stay in touch here!!
    -Rat
  3. Calthine New Member

Good hunting and happy trails to you, my halfling friend. I'm a richer person having known you.
  4. Tarrin Augur

There isn't much to say that hasn't been said all through out this thread.

You were great. Thanks for your love of the game and the hard work you put into it. Best of luck in whatever you do. You won't need it, though. The luck that is.
  5. Potawatomi Augur

Thanks for everything that you've done. You will be missed by all.
  6. Pather Journeyman

Good luck!
  7. Georgeo Journeyman

good luck in your future endeavors Piestro, take care bud
  8. idej Augur

Best of luck.
  9. Cordilya Elder

You're sure you're not leaving because of the incessant whining after announcements about the recent updates? :p

Seriously, I was really impressed at how you handled all that with such grace, diplomacy, and thoughtfulness. Not to mention just plain old good writing. Although I just recently "met" you for the first time, I'm sure it's true that it will be difficult for anyone to follow your class act.

Best wishes as you begin this new phase of your life, and we hope to see you in Norrath!
  10. Alythea New Member

Best wishes to you and your family. Thank you for all that you've done. I won't say "goodbye" only "safe journey" and hope we see you again soon.
  11. Pirouette Augur

Really sorry to see you go Piestro. :( You have transformed the outlook from player to company better than any other SOE employee and made us feel like our feedback really mattered. You took the time to listen to all of us, even the craziest of us! Even my most cynical of friends started feeling a change of heart about SOE listening to feedback. I know transparency has been a team effort but you were the guy at the frontlines taking all the tomatoes and when we were done you were still there. So thanks for sticking around through the worst of it.

Best wishes to you and your family,
  12. Drathos_BotS Elder

Fare thee well Piestro you will be greatly missed on the boards and at Fan Faire. You were instrumental in engaging us the players and moving our concerns to the higher ups and getting answers back to us even when those answers were not the ones we wanted to hear. Good Luck and God Bless.
  13. Nathanar New Member

Thank you for all of the hard work and your efforts to make EQ the game that it is. Enjoyed meeting you in game when you were tracking down the ES team members from Fan Faire :) Best wishes in your future endeavors and don't be a stranger!
  14. Wildcard New Member

Piestro,

You should know by now, this is a community that doesn't let anyone go that easily. You are our friend, and what kind of friends would we be if we let you fall by the wayside? See you in game buddy, Wildcard.
  15. Mary Poppins Augur

Bah. Bye and good luck.

I'd say more, but I'm too lazy.
  16. Teslin Journeyman

Very sorry to see you go, Piestro. I echo all the comments above. And I also understand completely (and applaud you) for the reason you have decided to move back 'home'. I hope you have either already lined up work back there or will take 'retirement' for at least a while and enjoy life.

To SoE .. you are a very high tech company so why, oh why, can't you find a way for Piestro to keep doing this job from a 'remote location'? Go 'modern'. It can be done, cheaply and easily!
    Geroblue and Aghinem like this.
  17. Quatr Augur

Having been responsible for keeping a large, diverse, and often immature user base happy in a prior life, I have only one thing to say: You done good. Best of luck :)
  18. Zartayn New Member

No - we dont want this "patch"!! Now they are swinging the nerf-bat at the forums too!!

/wink and sarcasm off

Seriously Piestro, you are one of the only reasons I follow these boards now - having played for soon to be 15 years I never had a reason to go into the mudhole that was EQ forums, until you showed up - hitting that SoE Tracker button and going through your posts (and then reading the posts leading up to your answers, of course *gg*) was a daily routine I don't wanna change.

Best of luck to you and your family in the future, and I hope you get to see your kids spend many good times with your parents before they can't anymore. My kids wouldnt wanna change it for the world (wife and I did what you do now 3 years ago).

Thank you for all the hardwork, not the least being keeping sane against the very vocal minor minority here on forums :)

Best of luck to your successor - I will be following him and hope he can keep up your quality of CR.
  19. Oddling New Member

Many thanks!

/salute
  20. Brosa Augur

Take care of that family Piestro. Good luck out there!