Hellos and Goodbyes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Baukaz New Member

You have left very large shoes to fill...But you have realized the first rule of gaming...RL is more important than a game...Good luck on your future endeavors, I hope everything works out for you in life and wish you nothing but the best!
  2. jowo New Member

am really sorry to see your leaving--but can understand--thanks a million for all your efforts over the years--
    am afraid EQ wont be the same without you--take care--and give us a OOC in chat sometimes--rathe server.
  3. Alsmack Journeyman

Piestro,

It was great meeting you several times at Fan Faire (come on, it's not really SOE Live) and you've done a fantastic job. I hope to see you there again this year, even if you don't have an SOE Badge. Roshen's got some pretty big shoes to fill.

-Alsmack
  4. Seffrid New Member

Thanks Piestro for all you have done here and on the EQ2 forums.

I'd like to think that I can say I'm speaking not just for me but also for all the European players - especially on the EQ2 forums - when I say how much I respect the professionalism you showed when handed the "poisoned chalice" of handling the concerns of the European players over the PSS1 deal. I'm sure you understood our concerns, and I like to think that privately you shared them, but you faced the players' criticisms with solid professionalism and I'm absolutely sure that you did a fantastic job of passing those criticisms "up the line". If your involvement made even the tiniest contribution to the final outcome for SOE's existing titles, namely the decision to allow current players to remain with SOE - and I suspect that it was a lot more than that - then we thank you. I hope your successors will be as professional and as successful when it comes to enabling us to play EQN through SOE too ;)!

I wish you and your family all the very best in your new life. CSRs tend to come and go, but you were one of the good ones, and you'll be missed.

Seff
  5. Gythlen Augur

Oh no, Piestro!

I got to know you over the years since you helped me with my event posts and the like (had the patience with me constantly asking to fix them!) on Wizadress Senlainae.

I'll miss you!
  6. Sonal New Member

Good luck Piestro, out there in a world without bind :(
  7. hakmer Augur

it;s weird seeing piestro not in red letters.. i don;t deal well with change.. now i am gonna have to wait to go to great divide once a year and complain for weeks to piestro.. during anniversary time.
  8. Mintalie Augur

You are a gentleman and a scholar and will be duly missed. Best of luck with your move and family.
  9. Nibean New Member

I too know the feelings of that infamous day back in 1999 when this new creation sprang to life and it was a wonderful journey. Though life changes in many ways, I lost touch with this title over 10 years ago. Today at work, my 3 group buddies from back in those days were discussing things related to the MMO genre and one of them asked if this game was even still active. So I searched it up and found out it was and that it was FTP, and even has progressed to 20 expansions, just wow (no not that other comical looking title). Several of us started recalling events from back in the day from Orcs around the wood elf city and the safety felt being near the elevators, to the chessboard outside the Dwarf starting area, to the Gnoll caves when you were leaving the tundra, the dangerous journeys through High Hold Pass, to grouping in the Karna's (ms?), all wonderful memories. So tonight I figured I would download it along with a couple of my former EQ buddies to see what its like 15 years after release, to see if that enthralling interest is still there and how the game was able to captivate you in ways never before seen (and to be honest not since).
  10. Elskidor Augur

I know this is an old thread, but you're missed. Up until recently I was on a 2 year gaming break, and since I've been on the forums I realized my favorite red name was not posting. This just didn't seem right for I recall Piestro always having something to say, and surely wouldn't be ignoring the big topics concerning TDS, HAs and xp nerfage. Then I found this thread. Sad to see him gone, and although I'm very very late, I wish you the best.
    Fenudir, Mintalie and drkoli like this.
  11. More Beer New Member

Thank you much for your time here!