Guide events

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Apr 2, 2024.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I think these Guide Events suck.

they come in, say what tradeskill .. I make an item for them, they give a 14slot backpack ( which is useless at high end ) An illusion potion, 5 food 5 drinks. No ornament.

When asking about an ornament, the guide completely says nothing ignoring us.
    The ONLY chat you get from him was the hotkeys he pushes..
    Not even a message he is leaving ' last call '

And the guides do this for a paid account?

This sucks I got an issue with that.

Every guide I ever delt with was friendly, communicative.. not this one.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've always found AB guides to be friendly and fun. Can even have some fun playing roleplaying with them.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Guides have a script they have to follow for events which includes the rewards given out at the end. Don't blame them for following the guidelines they are given.
    Rijacki, KarmaKitty and Nennius like this.
  4. KarmaKitty Augur

So free stuff is too good for you, eh :cool:

XP potions and high end gear would be nice, but their overloads don't want you leveling. Go back to grinding for .01 % xp and keep your complaints to yourself :mad:
    YellowBelly likes this.
  5. anonymous_ Lorekeeper

My only problem with guide events is that they feel heavily recycled and they're not really doing anything that a quest npc couldn't do. The entire point of having a human-ran event should be to do something that couldn't be done using the standard quest system and to provide a one-off experience that reacts to players actions in real time.

I get that these aren't the GM events of the ancient past, but just saying.
  6. Febb Augur

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these Guides volunteers? As in they don't get paid by Darkpaw Games to run these quests.
    code-zero, Rijacki and Fenthen like this.
  7. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Silvena, code-zero, Marton and 2 others like this.
  8. Bilderov Augur

Never knew that page existed but it is out of date - from 2019 and requires you to have 2 characters at level 50?

Q: How much time do I have to commit to being a Guide?
    A: Your commitment to the Guide program is not based on time, but activity. As a Guide, all you need to do is participate in one quest OR three interactive sessions per week.

Are the guide events really that common? I used to see the odd one every month or so..
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Im sure I'm geting banned from the forums. I can't even run through pok with this HUGE graphics ornament bug.. that is never fixed.. I think this company is the worst thing for this game.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

..and i put forward my thoughts.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

This guide sucked fyi. I sent in my complaint if the email addy is correct. this guide showed zero compassion what a blow it.
  12. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

While in a quest role, Guides should not engage with you too much outside their script. The rewards are also scripted. They are just doing what they can to make your day a little different and better and you spit on them.
    If you want to make change, message the elder guides or quest chair members or email them.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/guide/index.php?threads/guide-program-faqs.5361328/
    Rijacki and Fenthen like this.
  13. Febb Augur

Talk about an entitled butthead, you have issues if you're going after a guide.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

They seem to come in bursts on Drinal. We might go a couple of weeks without one, then we'll get one every night for several days in a row. I'd say at least 1 or 2 a week on average.
  15. JetZeppelin2h Augur

I really wish they would create some new artifact items to give out at events and make them worth doing. Even if they were just special graphic items it would be better than what they currently give out.

If every server had 1 GM event per month and gave out an artifiact with stats as good as the best raid gear in the game it would be really cool for those who don't raid to have a chance at getting it. Even if they just wanted to give out a random chase loot item that would be cool too.

Is it really going to hurt the feelings of raiders if they did this? 1 item per month means every expansion would get around 12 GM event artifact raid level gears per expansion. And make all artifact items attunable so they can be traded.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The guide events are not the same as the GM events. I doubt any GM has time or would be able to do such events now days.

The guide events do give out items with cool graphics. Not a lot of players know how to get them as they just go "gimmie gimmie gimmie"
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. JetZeppelin2h Augur

I have never got a guide graphic item that wasn't something you could buy in the market.

True there is a difference between GM vs Guide but since GM no longer exist why not give those items people would care about to Guides to hand out if GMs will never have time to do it.

As that other thread with player made content. It would be cool if they had a way for players to make their own instances to play. Similar to fortnite and how you get tons of player made stuff. It would be cool if players can make missions for fun and they don't even have to have any reward although it would be nice if they could have approved ones that did get some kind of reward maybe some exp once they are approved or random graphic drop items so you don't get stats but then people would be playing the game just for fun... which is the point of a game right? Who cares about anything outside having fun doing it, you don't need a reward if it is fun. The problem with EQ is so much of it isn't fun so it is all about getting exp to an end point or a drop.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I don't believe I have ever seen a coconut husk weapon ornament in the marketplace. And I know not all the Shields of the Gods are available elsewhere. But here is a list for you to peruse - and check out the list of special suffix's that is linked in this article

https://www.bonzz.com/eqguides.htm#ITEMS

Oh, almost forgot my Ocean Mist Bladed Bow Ornament

GM / GUIDE
    This item can be awarded to participants at GM / Guide events.
    Otherwise, there appears to be no way to acquire this item.
    KarmaKitty and Yinla like this.
  19. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

So, you want to move the availability from those who raid to those who are able to log on at a specific time in a random day that is likely going to be based in the same time zone as most raiding as well?

I live and work in Pacific time. In all my years of playing both EQ and EQ2, I have seen a guide event during my play time no more than once every 2-3 years. I used to play 40+ hours a week until the early 20-teens. The guide programme was a lot more prolific then and I would often hear about how others ran into guides and such. When I tried to volunteer to be a guide to help bolster the numbers in my own play time, I couldn't get through the initial phase because none of the guides were available for mentoring when I was available and then my dad died and my work schedule went pear-shaped and I had to drop out.

But, I still think the guide programme is a good thing. Sadly, a lot of players treat guides (and apprentice guides) horribly. They're stuck to a script so they don't get accused of favouritism, but you can still role play with them and/or thank them for their time, etc.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well put. I do appreciate volunteers whether in this game or in real life.
    Silvena, Fanra, Sprooce and 1 other person like this.