Guide Program FAQ's

Discussion in 'Guide Program FAQ and Application' started by Dinendall, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinendall Elder Guide

Thank you for inquiring about the Volunteer Guide Program. The Volunteer Guide Program is not run by, or on behalf of Darkpaw Games. It is an independent body run by the Guide Program. Any information submitted to the Guide Program via the email address guides-comm@mynexsys.com is being submitted to a third party not affiliated with Darkpaw Games and is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policy of the Guide Program. Details of the terms and conditions and privacy policy can be found at www.mynexsys.com.

Here is a list of frequently asked questions about the Guide Program.

Q: What is the relationship between Darkpaw and the Guide Program?
    A: Darkpaw is the developer of the game in which the Guide Program operates. Darkpaw provides these Guide Forums and also game accounts that have been flagged with Guide privileges for the Guide Program to grant to applicants that the Guide Program accepts.

Q: What is a Guide?
    A: A Guide is a volunteer that provides dynamic content within the games Everquest or Everquest II. We are here to support the players of EverQuest and EverQuest II by helping to create the most immersive and enjoyable role-playing experience possible. We travel the lands in search of players to converse with, as well as run Dynamic Quests, answer circles and conduct wedding ceremonies when requested.

Q: What do Guides do?
    A: Guides are volunteer players whose focus it is to enhance the gaming experience of the players via role-play, events, and quests.

Q: How do I become a Guide?
    A: The application is available at here on the forums. Please look at your application and submit your answers to . Please note that there are guide requirements that must be met if you wish to apply.

• You are 18 years of age or older.
    • You have an active EverQuest or EverQuest II Account.
    • You have reached the 50th level with at least two characters on your active play account for the game you wish to Guide on.
    • You wish to volunteer your time to the Volunteer Guide Program.
    • Your account registration and all details are up to date and includes a valid email address.
    • You must have 2-Step Authentication activated on your account
    If accepted, you will abide by the Guide Program's Policies and Procedures set forth by the Volunteer Guide Program and Darkpaw's general game guidelines, EULA and Terms of Service

There is a small quiz as well as some questions to test your Role-playing ability. Each application is graded, and those with passing grades are then contacted to join the Guide Program at that time.

Q: My application has been submitted now what do I do?
    A: Sit back, relax, and wait. If you are accepted into the program, you will be informed via email. Make sure your email address is current as well as check to make sure your Spam folder hasn't eaten our message that is if you have a spam filter running. If you haven't heard back from anyone in a month time, you can always re-apply.

Q: My application has been graded now what do I do?
    A: You will be contacted regarding the outcome of your application. If you have been successful you will be contacted by a Senior Guide on a server that has need for new Candidates.

Q: I keep getting errors on the Guide Application what should I do?
    A:You can always forward your answers to guides-comm@mynexsys.com

Q: I've changed my email address since I sent in my application, what can I do?
    A: Please email guides-comm@mynexsys.com if you are concerned that we do not have your correct email address.

Q: How much time do I have to commit to being a Guide?
    A: Your commitment to the Guide program is not based on time, but activity. As a Guide, all you need to do is participate in one quest OR three interactive sessions per week.

Q: I am not 18 but I still want to be a Guide. Can I?
    A: Unfortunately, one must be the age of maturity before they can join the Guide program. But once you turn 18 years you are welcome to apply.

Q: Will I have to be online at specific times and follow a schedule?
    A: Guides set their own schedules to be online as long as they follow the recommended sessions per week. They only time Guides may be scheduled would be for training. All introductory training is handled on Friday night or Saturday afternoon.

Q: Can you guide on the server you play on?
    A: Unfortunately, you can not guide on the server you play on. When accepted into the guide program, you will be assigned to a server other than your play server. There are exceptions to this rule in some instances.

Q: Does our play character get paid in platinum or in-game reward?
    A: We do this because we love it. The only thing you get for being a Full Guide is an exempt account.

Q: Do I get paid for being a Guide?
    A: Guides are volunteers and are not paid by Darkpaw Games. We are rewarded well by interacting with the Citizens of Norrath, some of the best people in the world on a daily basis.

Q: Is my Guide Account free?
    A: Yes. Darkpaw Games will supply you with a specially marked guide account for you to use. You will not be charged for this account.

Q: When do I get a free play account?
    A: Once a volunteer reaches the status of Guide their play account may be given free play time.

Q:What if I don't own my own account? Can I still be a Guide?
    A: Guides must have their own play account. It should be in good standing at the time of their application submission. This account must be under the guides name and not shared with anyone else.

Q:Do guides have to live in San Diego?
    A: Not at all. Our guides live all over the globe. We have Guides in Canada, Europe, and even Australia.

Q: Do guides become GMs some day? What is the difference?
    A: Guides are volunteers who support dynamic content in the games while CSRs are Darkpaw Employees and provide customer service. However, many CSRs that currently work for Darkpaw Games started off as Guides.

Q: I want to be a GM how can I apply?
    A: You can check employment opportunities at the Daybreak Games site at https://www.daybreakgames.com/careers

Q: When I apply for a job at Darkpaw Games in the future can this increase my chances for a job there?
    A: Darkpaw Games currently has many employees who started off in the Guide Program!

Q: Can Guides participate in Quests and Events?
    A: Of course. Guides are very active in running Dynamic Events and Quests in all of the games they support.

Q: Do guides get to play the roles of those characters in the quests that we see?
    A: We sure do! And we enjoy every minute of it.

Q: Can guides make up their own quests and events?
    A: Guides can write quests and events for approval by Darkpaw Games, but there is a list of quests and events available to all Guides and Apprentices in the program.

Q: What Norrathian race is the best?
    A: Who doesn't love a Gnome!! But it's all a personal decision. While some people prefer to spend their time being at one with nature as a Wood Elf, others prefer the more brutish aspects of a Troll. It's all up to you.

Q: How do guides get their equipment? Do they get an allowance to buy it?
    A: All you need will be supplied to you. As for an allowance, you will get enough to purchase the items required to fulfill your duties.

Q: Do I get some of that amazing Guide armor?
    A: Guides are given equipment to fulfill their responsibilities.

Q: Can I have a Surname or Special Prefix?
    A: Yes however these names must be approved before they are granted to you.

Q: How do we go up in levels or ranks?
    A: The great developers at Darkpaw Games gave us the powers needed to do that. It is not often you can go from level 1 to 30 in a blink of an eye. Level and rank are decided on by the length of time a person has been in the program as well as what position he or she holds.

Q: Can you fight as a Guide?
    A: Not as a Guide. All Guides hung up their weapons long ago in search of knowledge. However, Quest or Event Characters if specified in the script that is being run may enable the Guide to fight, but that would be as the Quest or Event Character and not the Guide himself.

Q: How will I communicate with other Guides?
    A: Guides have their very own private channel we use in game. We also communicate via email, Instant Message and on the Guide Forum.

Q: How did you all make the trolls so beautiful and smart? But where are their tails?
    A: By nature Trolls are beautiful and smart. However through evolution their tails were removed.

Q: What if I have to go away for a while? Will I be removed from the program?
    A: You may if you will be gone for awhile but if you inform us ahead of time, you will be welcomed back.

Q: Can I hang out in EverQuest II Chat and help answer players' questions?
    A: Members of the Guide Program are not allowed to assist in Chat. You are free to log into Chat on your play account and help with questions there as if you were just another player.

Q: When I'm on my play character, Can I let others know I'm part of the Guide Program?
    A: When members of the Guide program are logged in as their player character, they may reveal their participation in the Guide program in order to recruit new members from their play server(s). However, they may not use their participation in the Guide program to request favors or demand favoritism from players or Guides. In addition, Guides are not permitted to reveal specific information including, but not limited to, Guide name and Guide server.

Q: Hi, I ran into Guide so and so today and he was great! Thanks!
    A: This is great news! Thank you for taking the time to let us know. We happen to feel that the Guide Program has some of the best people in the world. If you would like to share your good experience with a Guide, please email guides-comm@mynexsys.com

Q: Who can I email regarding a complaint or praise I have with a Guide.
    A: All emails with regards to Guides should be sent to guides-comm@mynexsys.com.

Q: Why are there never any Guides on when I am?
    A: All our Guides are volunteers and have different schedules. Some like to guide in mornings while others are on during the day or evenings. Our Guides who live outside North America are usually on during the wee hours of the morning. The more guides we have the better chance of you seeing us.

Q: Hi, I am a player and I would like to schedule Guides to show up to an in game event/wedding/birthday.
    A: We would love to attend your event. There are a few ways to do this.
    Q: How do I contact a Guide in game?
    A: From in game just type /who all guides for Everquest II and /w all gm for EQ. If any of us are online we will be listed. At that time send us a direct /tell we will be happy to talk to you.

If you have an issue, comment, or suggestion that hasn't been covered by this FAQ, please email the Application Administrator at guides-comm@mynexsys.com Include your station login name for reference.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.