Guide events

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Apr 2, 2024.

1. Tuco Augur

It's crazy to me that guide events don't offer rewards that are desirable for even raid geared players.

The game is so easy in 2024, a guide program that people really want to participate in due to the rewards could be really popular.
  2. Marton Augur

You admit that every guide you ever dealt with was friendly and communicative.

Well, perhaps this one guide this one time was not having the best day irl - and yet he still showed up and did an event for players that he didn't have to do. He could just get a beer and chill with his guild on another server.

So one bad experience. Move on imo.

Edit: I agree that rewards could be better.
    Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Some of the ornaments I have seen look really nice, since I got it I have equiped my creepy dolly in every raid weapon I've had. Occasionally I will swap it out for a bunch of flowers. I also have an all purpose sword I use when I want to look like a pirate.
    Marton and CatsPaws like this.
  4. error Augur

They're not going to give guides the ability to summon raid items or even desirable consumables/cosmetics. The scandal risk is too high. I don't think they even trust actual CSR to reimburse items at this point.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Vewdue Elder

Speaking of Guides, any chance to see them on Mischief/Thornblade? I don't think I've seen a single guide/guide event on either server since the start... Some of the Ornaments are pretty cool and unique with no other way to get them, other than the guide events.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

Guides as quest givers do usually act like NPCs, so they do only react to some but not all input. It is a bonus to have them around even if the rewards are not always good. They are not there for paid accounts, instead for all players.
    Silvena likes this.
  7. Monkeychunks Augur

Its difficult for F2P to see guide event notifications since they only announce events in general chat or in ooc for the zone they are in. Free do not get general chat unless they are a free silver.

I asked the guide one time if they could change that so free players in new players chat would also see the announcements but was told they are limited on which channels they can use. So I make sure if I see an announcement on my paid accounts that I tell the new players chat channel about so those players can join in.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Every event on Drinal is spammed (and I do mean SPAMMED) several times in both the General chat channel, the /ooc channel for the zone it's in, and a broadcast message to the entire server. I can't speak for other servers, but there's no excuse for not knowing one is about to start on Drinal unless you're just not paying attention to any chat windows.
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Monkeychunks Augur

You are correct for your server, in fact if you go to the guide event forum and look under Drinal it specifically says: "Watch for the yellow text message announcing the start of the event. Hope to see you there!" Which means your server gets a broadcast message.

Whereas other servers might only show a message:
    Note : All times shown are in PDT. Please also remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice

10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have seen them broadcast for the Festival of Might when it starts and who is winning it etc.

But no yellow broadcast on my server for the normal guide events.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It sounds like the guide wasn't even having a bad day. Judging by the tone of the OPs posts, he was probably whining the whole time and begging the guide for ornaments. No wonder he was being ignored.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

On Phinigel there was a guide that was giving out actual neat ornaments for awhile (offhand I remember Centi Longsword), then it just became turkey legs and 5dose illusion potions with some stat food that wouldn't be good at any point in the game.

It would be nice if the rewards for guide events were re-evaluated by the people that get to actually make those decisions, but like so many things in this game it seems like it has been left by the wayside in terms of importance.

Maybe the guide event rewards are based on the "difficulty" of the quest and the few remaining guides are just burnt out or don't care enough to do beyond the bare minimum (never been in the guide program I have no idea what their "playbook" looks like).
  13. KarmaKitty Augur

Guide activity appears to be server dependent. Guides on BB are fairly active. They appear to be good people.

As for GMs, they are everywhere just never around when you need one :cool:
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It can be extremely limited to what servers a player can be a guide on as they can't do it on any servers they have characters on which can make it hard for some servers.
    KarmaKitty and Rijacki like this.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Whats worse is the rewards for old expansion hunters when the reward is a smaller bag. So bad the old eq norrathian achievement or Dungeon slayer to name a few and doesnt even come with any rewards and takes along while to finish up. i do agree on the guide rewards there so old and need updated.