GamParse 1.0.5 Test

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

When I say "currently checking for" I mean in the update I'm working on, not the current version you all have.

Also added Black Wolf, but I notice that there is no message when it lands on other people. I need to as Elidroth to add one.
    Obiziana and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. SaderakhBertox Augur

That'd be great.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Iila Augur

Some frequently used unique druid spells and AAs. AAs should be pretty future-proof and not need updating with new spells in a few months.

Katabatic Roar
    Remote Sunfire
    Sterivida
    Survival of the Fortuitous ("Survival of the" is a unique to druids spell string)

Blessing of Ro
    Convergence of Spirits
    Group Spirit of the Black Wolf
    Spirit of the Black Wolf
    Spirit of the White Wolf
    Spirit of the Wood

Storm Strike gets a bunch of other hits in the spell parser, or it would be a great one to check for.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Ok, this will probably be the final test version before I make it a full official release, barring any unforeseen major problems that is.

Updates:
    -Fixed crash if you tried to search the log without a log loaded.
    -Fixed the new Send Healing buttons from moving around when resizing the window.
    -Fixed the HTML output buttons. (Note this will only work for new HTML files, any ones previously made will be missing the buttons).
    -Added a few more spells to check for to determine your class (as previously mentioned).
    -Added checks for when short term ADPS buffs land on you/others.

It records when you/others receive:
    -Bard Epic
    -Fierce Eye
    -Quick Time
    -Shaman Epic
    -Auspice
    -Beastial Alignment
    -Ruaabri's Fury

-Illusions of Grandeur
    -Group Black Wolf (Note that this will only show for -yourself- it will not pick up if it lands for other people).

These will show up on the Spells & Discs Tab under your name, and will be exported for posting on the forums and stuff.

Combined: Combat Dummy Caza on 8/6/2014

Beimeith - 18
    --- Cloudburst Thunderbolt Rk. III - 7
    --- Ethereal Incandescence Rk. III - 4
    --- Force of Flame - 1
    --- Force of Ice - 1
    --- Force of Will - 1
    --- Received Bard Epic - 1
    --- Received Fierce Eye - 1
    --- Received Quick Time - 1
    --- Tamagrist Torrent Rk. III - 1

Produced by GamParse v1.0.5
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Nice job Beimeth.

Looking forward to trying it.
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Sent you a PM Beimeith. Found a couple of minor issues in disc reporting for rogues.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Fixed as much as best as possible. Check your PM for more details.

Reuploaded after fixing a couple Discs that weren't displaying properly:

Fists of Wu now shows as "Received Fists of Wu"
    Razerarc now shows as "Razorarc/Knifeplay" as both abilities have the same messaging there is no way to tell them apart.

Additional note that "Razorarc/Knifeplay." will only display for YOU. There is no way to detect other players using those abilities at this time.
  8. Smallpox Augur

Just curious why you do not change your build numbers with each revision so peeps know what version they have installed.

Example:
    ...etc.

:)
  9. SaderakhBertox Augur

Couldn't make a graph of hits from a mob. I'm guessing because this type of mob "bites".

Edit: I think my first guess is wrong. Still looking at it. Bites is selectable for the characters and mercenaries, but not the pet for some reason. Still looking into it.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The auto-increment revision counter only runs when you "publish" the finished program. These are all basically my internal test debug versions, so they haven't been "published" yet, and the counter hasn't ticked up. After I release the finished version of 1.0.5 if I have to make any changes it will have revision numbers.
    Sheamous likes this.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Also, good news! I was able to get the auto-update check to work. That is, just like GINA will check and update, GamParse will be able to do so as well...If you install it using the installer, the standalone .exe will not have the autoupdate stuff.
    Sheamous likes this.
  12. Smallpox Augur

Where is the full installer please? :) (and Woot!)
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It will be included in the official 1.0.5 release, which should hopefully be on Sunday or Monday before I leave for Fan Faire.

I'm done adding features to 1.0.5, (you can still suggest new stuff for 1.0.6 tho) right now it is just bug fixes and preparing updated instructions / documentation.

Changes since last night (I was on a roll) the link in the first post has NOT been updated with these, (yet).

-Added Auto Update Check / Functions
    -Changed the location of where the settings file is saved. It is no longer stored in the same directory as GamParse. This had to be done or the autoupdate would wipe out your settings every time it updated. It is now stored in: <Drive>:\Users\<Account name>\App Data\local\GamParse\
    -Fixed the Merge/Split Pet button on the Overview, it sometimes didn't want to work.
    -Fixed Export Fight List button to include new columns / clean up the presentation.
    -Fixed the Fight Navigator not sorting both ways when clicking the columnheaders.
    -Fixed several buttons that wanted to move when you resized the window.
    -Fixed the Tracked Player function (the list of who is a player and not an npc) to ignore triggertext in chat. It was improperly flagging random words in chat as a "player."
    -Fixed, or at least -greatly- reduced, Players showing up in the Pet List on the overview tab.
    Sheamous likes this.
  14. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Running into an issue for parsing mage pets.

1 or two of the abilities that mages use deals damage to their pet, like the Symbiosis line.

This then turns the pet into a combatant against the mage and puts it into the "Fight Navigator > Opponent" column. This also ruins the ability to export some details, and populate certain graphing utilities for anything during / beyond that encounter where you used these semi spammable abilities.

The log file when using the symbiosis line looks like:

[Fri Aug 08 16:00:55 2014] You begin casting Phantasmal Symbiosis Rk. II.
    [Fri Aug 08 16:00:57 2014] Akilon hit Akirage for 3636 points of non-melee damage.
    [Fri Aug 08 16:00:57 2014] Akirage staggers as elemental energy is torn away.
    [Fri Aug 08 16:00:57 2014] Elemental energy surrounds you.

I thought maybe the Thaumatize pet line dealt damage too, but I can't find anything backing that up, so won't include it.
  15. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Today I haven't been able to get a single parse for a tanking pet to populate a graph. Not doing anything different than usual.

I used version 1.0.3 and the same exact log file, on the same exact mob, will generate the desired graph.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

sending you a pm
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Adding to my list:

-Fixed the issue where pets linked to an owner could not show hit graphs (Denial's bug)
    -Fixed the Hit percentages of the Tanking being too low as mentioned in one of the pet threads. It now calculates # of each hits / total hits, not total attempts.
    Sheamous likes this.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It is unlikely I will be releasing the official version by Sunday/Monday as I planned due to the fact that I found so many other issues since last night that needed a fix and haven't been extensively tested yet.

I have therefore uploaded a new test version with all the changes previous mentioned. Please redownload from the link in the first post and report any issues.

Also note that due to the fact that the settings file location has changed, you will have to reset all of your settings. It is not advised to copy your existing settings file to the new location as one of the fixes involved bad data being saved in the settings file.
    Sheamous likes this.
  19. Angahran Augur

Hi :)
    Thanks for taking this over.

Got a request, would it be possible to have an 'export to eq' option for the 'Overview' on the 'Spells & Discs' tab ?

Thanks

Ang.
  20. Angahran Augur

does/will the standalone version also use this location, or could it still use the same folder ? (please?)

Thanks.