GamParse 1.0.5 Test

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Sheamous New Member

Thank you again Beimeth, excellent work. Good idea Angahran!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Saave Augur

found the link :)
    elitegamerslounge.com/home/gamparse/GamParse-1.0.5-Test.exe
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Hannil-luclin Lorekeeper

I'm not able to see auspice counted for landing on others. Just only myself. Here's example of Ner2 boss fight with everything cut except the received lines for the rangers. It's the same for other classes with not showing auspice received on them.

Combined: Dreadguard conjuror on 8/12/2014

Ranger1
    No adps caught in log for 'received' lines

Ranger2
    --- Received Bard Epic - 3
    --- Received Bestial Alignment - 1
    --- Received Fierce Eye - 2
    --- Received Fists of Wu - 10
    --- Received Fury - 1
    --- Received Quick Time - 1
    --- Received Shaman Epic - 2

Ranger3
    --- Received Bard Epic - 5
    --- Received Fierce Eye - 3
    --- Received Shaman Epic - 4

Hannil
    --- Received Auspice of the Hunter - 8
    --- Received Shaman Epic - 3

Ranger5
    --- Received Shaman Epic - 2

Ranger6
    --- Received Bard Epic - 4
    --- Received Fierce Eye - 2

Ranger7
    --- Received Shaman Epic - 3

Produced by GamParse v1.0.5
  4. gnomerage New Member

So when is a download for gamparse going to be available again? I cannot download this thing anywhere!
  5. bitefiends Elder

HI there

I hope I post this in the right area.

Sorry for a few basic questions on parsing, as I have said in another post I am new to it and just trying to get it clear in my head.

Some things are clear as in how much damage per second someone does or how many hits is done to or against, how much healing is done.

However in other posts certain items have been highlighted, added together and classified as avoidance. I thought avoiding a hit is moving out of the way, as in dodging, or is it everything you do to not take damage?

If you defend a hit is that not surely, being hit just taking no damage? Same for blocking and parrying.

If a mob misses a pet or player, that means to me that the mob has missed completely not that I avoided it, is that correct?

Dodge to me seems that I avoided (moved out of the way) being hit would that be correct?

I may have not understood something else that is basic as to how avoidance is calculated, if I have please post so that I can understand better.

Thank you in advance.

bitefiends
  6. Mykaylla Augur

Probably had to wait while people were at fan faire.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The first post in this thread has the latest test version.
  8. Toxicaust Journeyman

Beimeith, check your inbox man!
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I did. GamParse does not support log files generated or modified by third-party programs or whatever you did to cause that log file to contain two timestamps.

[Tue Aug 12 22:21:58 2014] [22:21:58] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.

That shouldn't be there. A proper log file looks like this:

[Sun Aug 10 21:34:38 2014] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Ok, so some preliminary changes to the "Hit Count" area of the Tanking Tab to make it more accurate.

1) Fixed Runes (absorb) not parsing if you are the one tanking. It was only counting runes if -other people- were tanking.
    2) Fixed the order of operations for defensive skills to be correct, percentages are now based on the actual number of attempts against that skill, not the total number of attempts.
    3) Added a new column that lists the attempts against that skill for easier reference.
    4) Added Hits and Real Hits. Hits are the number of times the mob actually hits you to do damage BEFORE runes. Real Hits is the number of times the mob actually hits you and does damage. (aka, Real Hits = Hits - Runes/Absorb)
    5) I added a check box at the bottom if you are parsing a Monk/Beastlord. What this does is replace "Parry" with "Block" and calculate it that way instead.*

*Note that this ONLY works with the normal "Block" skill. If You are parsing a Monk/Beastlord that is using Staffblock, it will not be correct. Unfortunately, there is currently no way to do this as the "skill" block and "shield/staff" block have the exact same message when they fire, even though they are completely separate things and are calculated separately.

I will give an example to Illustrate the difference:

[IMG]

1.0.3 Output:

1.0.5 Output:

11. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Another great tank parsing addition would be NPC strikethrough;

[Sun Aug 17 00:20:38 2014] Your opponent strikes through your defenses!

Strikethroughs / total attempts = Strikethrough %
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yeah, I'm working on that.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Ok, so I can add strikethroughs in, but the problem is there is no way to tell which NPC is doing it. That is, if you have 3 mobs attacking you, there is no way to associate the strike through messages with any one specific mob.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Also, you can only parse strikethroughs on -yourself- they won't show for other people :/

I did add it though. I also added a counter for defended, however, I am changing what is being counted for that. It is counting Absorbed Hits (runes) as defended, which I don't really think it should be, because you didn't -defend- yourself, you got hit, for damage, you just had a special thingy absorb it.
  15. Gamanern Journeyman

Strike through against the tank was always a pain to deal with.

Seems the strike through precedes the damage or miss line, sometimes with a damage shield report between. It doesn't indicate which kind of defense was beaten.

You could potentially store a flag that a strike through happened with a time stamp. If you get a damage or a miss line with the same time stamp, link the strike through to that line. If you don't get a matching line discard or put into a special count (prefer discard if true links can't be formed).

Most strike throughs appear as below:
    [Sat Jun 28 16:51:02 2014] Your opponent strikes through your defenses!
    [Sat Jun 28 16:51:02 2014] Bone Crusher was hit by non-melee for 70 points of damage.
    [Sat Jun 28 16:51:02 2014] Bone Crusher was pierced by thorns.
    [Sat Jun 28 16:51:02 2014] Bone Crusher hits YOU for 3147 points of damage.

Next most common appearance is for misses:
    [Sat Jun 28 16:51:04 2014] Your opponent strikes through your defenses!
    [Sat Jun 28 16:51:04 2014] Bone Crusher tries to hit YOU, but misses!

I found occasional cases where it showed two strike through messages, sometimes found two damage lines on the same time stamp following. Don't know if this means a double attack were both strike throughs, or a glitch on the message and a second attack followed.
    [Sat Jun 28 16:51:45 2014] Your opponent strikes through your defenses!
    [Sat Jun 28 16:51:45 2014] Your opponent strikes through your defenses!
    [Sat Jun 28 16:51:45 2014] Bone Crusher was hit by non-melee for 70 points of damage.
    [Sat Jun 28 16:51:45 2014] Bone Crusher was pierced by thorns.
    [Sat Jun 28 16:51:45 2014] Bone Crusher hits YOU for 1836 points of damage.
    [Sat Jun 28 16:51:45 2014] Bone Crusher was hit by non-melee for 70 points of damage.
    [Sat Jun 28 16:51:45 2014] Bone Crusher was pierced by thorns.
    [Sat Jun 28 16:51:45 2014] Bone Crusher hits YOU for 1836 points of damage.

Because I also found two strike throughs with one message following only.
    [Sat Jun 28 16:52:00 2014] Your opponent strikes through your defenses!
    [Sat Jun 28 16:52:00 2014] Your opponent strikes through your defenses!
    [Sat Jun 28 16:52:00 2014] Bone Crusher tries to hit YOU, but misses!
    [Sat Jun 28 16:52:01 2014] Your body pulses with mystical power.

Because of the difficulty linking the doubles, I would suggest only handle the singles.

Then you have the challenge of how you record these ... its too early in the morning to think how to solve that style of analysis :)
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I believe Strikethrough is calculated after defensive checks but before Miss checks is why you see it come out that way.

The biggest issue is that there is no way to tell where the strike through came from if you are tanking multiple mobs because it is a generic message. However I felt it was worthy of including if only for purely testing purposes against a single enemy.

The other issue is how to properly attribute it in the breakdowns based on damage type. My plan on that was to do the same thing I did with the /random parser: retroactively assign it based on the second line.

So in this example:

[Thu Aug 21 21:31:19 2014] Your opponent strikes through your defenses!
    [Thu Aug 21 21:31:19 2014] A keeper of the flame tries to crush YOU, but misses!
    [Thu Aug 21 21:31:19 2014] a keeper of the flame was hit by non-melee for 75 points of damage.
    [Thu Aug 21 21:31:19 2014] A keeper of the flame was pierced by thorns.
    [Thu Aug 21 21:31:19 2014] A keeper of the flame crushes YOU for 2486 points of damage.
    [Thu Aug 21 21:31:19 2014] a keeper of the flame was hit by non-melee for 75 points of damage.
    [Thu Aug 21 21:31:19 2014] A keeper of the flame hits YOU for 9674 points of damage.
    [Thu Aug 21 21:31:19 2014] Your opponent strikes through your defenses!
    [Thu Aug 21 21:31:19 2014] A keeper of the flame hits YOU for 10748 points of damage.
    The first Strikethrough went through my defenses, but then missed. The miss was a crush, so I would then go back and assign that last strikethrough as a "crush."
    The next Strikethrough went through my defenses, but then hit me as a regular hit, so I would go back and assign that as a "hit."
  17. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Thanks for all the work you are putting in. I am sure a vast majority of the community appreciates it all as much as I do. Couple things from messing with parser while you're working on revisions and the like:

For randoms, could you add either some kind of trigger in game, or a button on the randoms tab to Manually create a "cut off" so to speak.

Maybe something like "if logfile=Denial.tunare then "Denial newrand"=new_random_event (Denial newrand being /em newrand).

Bahaha. I don't know anything about coding. Who knows how you would word it or what your variables are. But you get my drift!!

This would make it so you don't have to wait on a timer that is manually set, that could change depending on an item, or guild setting, or open raid setting, etc... Where loot may go faster or slower depending on varying factors (people, desire for item, rare items, multiple items going together, 1 item at a time, etc...).

Also, in one of the columns (they don't have headers, so... either or I guess, I don't know what to call them) if you decide this is a worthy feature, would you add some kind of note / marker saying where in the line of rolls you created this cut off with the timestamp as well for a verification / continuity handling randoms.

For the healing tab, could you make it a little more user friendly like the DPS load-outs when it comes to selecting information?

For instance, as a tank, at the end of random_raid_001, I have 6 clerics, 2 druids, 4 bards, 2 warriors, 3 SKs, 4 paladins, and 3 shaman, myself, and DI on my healing tab.

Gamparse currently does not allow you to select individuals via Ctrl Clicking, nor does it allow you to click and drag to highlight a "top 10" in the healers tab.

More often than not, on an entire event, I am unable to paste directly from Gamparse, I have to paste into Notepad, delete the bards and celestial regen and splash healing from the people with 4k, or 32k when everyone else is healing for 1.8 million plus-- then copy the new modified text from notepad, and paste that into EQ.

Minor pet combine thing: On older versions (1.3 at least, I didn't use 1.4 long), if you had something combined, or a fight up already and you were in the Overview tab then clicked the "Link pet" to "Owner" -- it would update that specific tab that was already up / highlighted / parsed real time. Now you have to re-parse the selected fights it seems.

For a long fight, adding a pet could be kind of tedious on a raid. Granted, not program breaking. Just saw it.

Also with pets, idk what real pet classes care, but if you un-suspend your pet and he says "I live again" or, "I am sorry, I cannot attack that target master", he shows up as a person you have had a conversation with in the Chat tab (But old GH merchant Yenny Werlikanin does not when he tells you where portal is set, or CT when he tells you he will murder your family or whatever other morbid things he says when you click his clicky lol). Also just a thing to point out, not really important.

UI Functionality:

Possible to allow for re-sizing / hiding features similar to other UIs like uTorrent etc...

Upload to Server, Export, Export to Excel, and some of the lesser quick buttons for these are a lot of keys that most users won't use ever.

The window to display pets breakdown only, while it can be good for pet users to see a nice quick break down, you can also see this in the full breakdown of the tab by un-linking pets if you desire to see it. It would help clean up real estate for a little more streamlined experience if you could filter this too.

--- side note on the pure pet window break down on Overview tab, if you are a class that has a pet, and can use swarm pets as well, when you look at the pure breakdown there is a scroll bar that is about half a line of text long since it leaves room to show:

"
    Denial + Pets - breakdown
    Denial - breakdown
    Acceptance(Denial) - breakdown
    Denial's pet(s?) - breakdown
    "

The last line only shows the top half of

Denial's pet(s?) - breakdown due to default window size.

As far as the resizing goes, for instance on the Tanking tab, I can make the whole window as large as I want, but even if I take up 20 inches of my monitor with Gamparse, I still have to scroll to look at the entirety of the tanking tab breakdown. If I close the tab, ideally, my latest re-sizing would be stored and brought back up.

Could a possible exception be made for cleric mercs to not appear on the Overview tab? They will *never* do damage, and I think we all use that tab for the sole purpose of DPS. If we want to look at the damage a cleric merc tanked through, it's easy enough to go to the tanking tab when we're looking for tanking stats.

I know it's "overview" which encompasses more than just DPS, but... Obv up to you, but my preference would be an exception for cleric mercs alone. Or maybe just Class: "Cleric" that reads as 0 0 0 0 0 then some damage taken across the boards, then when you export details it shows like:

Combined: Lord Nagafen in 4882s, 253623k @51951sdps -- #11 Dimonia 0k@0sdps

(combined entire night, I didn't have my merc on Naggy, it was just first entry)

I don't know if there's a way to make a distinction between mercs particularly, I read about the true name of Dimonia_00123 or something in the logs in a thread somewhere that doesn't exist at this time. But if a Cleric puts out no damage, it's probably a merc, and at any rate you're not really looking for them in the overview tab. Possibly the tanking tab / heals tab / spells cast tab.

Thanks for any consideration, it's late, and I think I have already forgot things I wanted to try to intelligently bring to the discussion.

Oh, yea, if you would like let me know, I can go through classes and find some innate super class specific things that would cut down on the "Class Defining" section for identification.

Kind of how Ethereal or Force of Ice / Flame / Magic / Lower Element are wizzy specific and will never need updated, something like

"Terror of" / "Touch of the Cursed" / "Bite of Agony" are AA lines / 100% followed lines for SK.

Beast has an innate proc to reduce cold resists, and a couple of constantly upgraded spam AA's I would need to be on my beast for.

Monks have flying kick, mend, etc... class defining things that will never change.

I think this would help cut down your need to re-visit these areas when new content is released, and cut down on the overall size of the stored entries.

I wouldn't mind logging from class to class looking for these types of things and giving you a list to choose from.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I don't really see a reason to. If you are doing rolls fast enough, but don't want to change the timeout value, just random a different number. If you did 0-32000, then roll 0-31999 the next time. Randoming the same number every time is a bad idea anyway, with or without my parser for it.

I don't know what you are talking about here. 1) Every column in every listview in the Random Tab has a header. 2) Even if I were to make a button to manually cut off a roll, (which I'm not planning to), the random set would immediately end and any subsequent rolls would create a new random set. There would be no place to put a marker.

You are referring to the "Other's total healing of you" Box right? If so, I can add multi-select and send highlighted outputs for that.

All "Send Summary" or "Send to EQ" buttons should truncate the string at the maximum amount of characters you can paste into EQ. Don't add extra stuff in front and it will paste fine without needing notepad to remove excess.

I am assuming you are again referring to the "Other's total healing of you" Box when you say you need to cut out bards/splashes/etc.? If so, I don't know what you are talking about. That box automatically sorts by highest amount of healing, and that listview is currently not resortable by column clicks, so there should never be a case where someone healing for 4k/32k shows before someone healing for 1.8 million and needs to be cut out.

It worked fine for me... I loaded up my mage, summoned a pet and killed something. I then linked the pet to the mage, and it updated fine.

Only PC's are supposed to show up in the Chat tab, so pet's showing up is a mistake, but it shouldn't be too hard to fix. If you have a list of phrases that you can give me I'll make sure to exclude them.

NPCs that send you "tells" shouldn't be showing up, so that isn't a bug. I have considered the possibility of making a new tab that lists NPC chat. I need to look into if that is feasible. It would be in 1.0.6+ if I did decide to do it, it wouldn't be in 1.0.5.

Probably not going to do that.

Show me a screenshot please.

I'll see what I can do.

I don't know what you are talking about. You can't close tabs, and the size of the program window should be saved when you close it so it opens the same size the next time you start it. Is it not doing that for you?

There is no way to reliably tell the difference between a Cleric merc and a real Cleric. (I've asked if they could make all NPCs output their full name [aka Merc349238] but they probably won't).

That said, I can probably add an option to suppress anyone who did 0 damage from showing on the overview.

The tricky thing about that is you have to be sure that there is nothing else that could possibly be triggered by that phrase. In the case of Melee Discs, several of them have messages that are used on other abilities, so those cannot be used. I've been making a list of spells/discs/AAs that could use better cast/land messages, but there is no guarantee the devs will change them.
  19. Khauruk Augur

It wouldn't always be triggered, but at a minimum mercs don't cast Yaulp, the HP balancing AAs/epic, Radiant Cure (dunno how often this gets used now) and the AC buffs.
  20. bitefiends Elder

It is nice to see programmes being updated to work with EQ but unless this is to remain an arcane science to me could some one please answer my properly basic questions, on parsing or should I just rely on figures I see with no understanding

Once again ta in advance