GamParse 1.0.5 Test

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Brohg Augur

As a sometimes necro, I second that being able to examine the total damage separated by dot name would be interesting and potentially very useful.

Regarding the last request, my interpretation is that it's less about counting one character's deaths than amalgamating all the deaths in a raid or large combined parse, to report in a "top 10" list as is done with damage. While not useful everywhere, I can think of several contexts across EQ's history, particularly with raid mechanics, where folks disinclination to divulge and discuss their own delicacy as a character or player were down around deleterious or disastrous for 'dere division... sorry, their guild.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's more a question of how much work would be involved in it than anything. Keep in mind I'm still getting familiar with how everything works yet, and parsing the damage is the most complex part of the whole thing, heh.

My point is if you're dying enough to the point that you can't easily tell -how many- times you died by counting the X's, does it really matter if you know that Raider_01 died 15 times vs 12? It's time to have a talk/replace that person.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Question for you guys:

Do any of you use the Live Fights tab, or do you just use the overlays?

I am considering removing the tab if its not being utilized.
  4. Brohg Augur

I don't use either. I reference gamparse after the fact if I'm curious about how a fight went. I don't even know how live dps data could benefit someone.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1) Raid leader says "Stop DPS"
    2) Idiot keeps attacking mob.
    3) Yell at Idiot to stop attacking mob.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Songsa Augur

I use live dps all the time, its interesting to see where you rank in real time to analyse what is best disc to use depending on situations, helpers in group or not etc...
  7. Vanrau Augur

This comes in handy on the Champions of the People event.
  8. Zentara Augur

I use Live DPS Overlay ALL the time, both my individual, as well as for the raid (as raid leader). I never use the built in "LIVE DPS" tab in Gamparse, but only because it currently doesn't give me any added benefit worth taking that much more screen space.

I'd have to think of a scenario or two where extra information could be provided there relatively easily that would make it worthwhile to use the screen space for...nothing really comes to mind at the moment, except for total raid dps by damage type, and even that would only be useful for learning events (I'm thinking the old school GoD archetype raids for example)...and I'm really not sure that would be worth the coding time.
  9. Corak Elder

I use the overlay all the time, very helpful. I was not even aware there was a Live Fight tab, or what is does.
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

i use the overlay, never use the live dps tab anymore
  11. Brogett Augur

I use the overlay, but not the tab. Looking at the tab means switchiung out of EQ into GamParse and so lowers my dps! NOOOO.
  12. Brogett Augur

It can also be interesting to see what your burn dps would have been if the guild had more dps. Also to gain insights into how different players work - if they disc at different times you can notice it easily. Or how class X is usually top for 1 min, then class Y and Z catches up and passes, finally class O starts catching up later still. Not *useful* but interesting.
  13. Songsa Augur

Sorry was a misunderstanding i also use overlay not the tab.
  14. Phynster New Member

so not sure if anyone else is getting the issue, but i cant seem to paste to eq if i have more then 1 person copied onto my clipboard
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Read back through this thread, it's been answered.
  16. Xorsazis Augur

Want to request two things.

First would be a more aggressive overlay. I am constantly ALT+TAB'ing between characters and the overlay always disappears. GINA seems to have this figured out and constantly reappears back on top within 5-10 seconds. This and also making it appear quicker than 30 seconds into the fight. I've tried changing the settings around to have it show quicker or with less damage caused but it still is very temperamental about when it will pop up.

Second would be to ask for the purge button you said no to. It would be nice.
  17. Deloehne Augur

I've just recently turned off filters that had made overlays more or less irrelevant, so it will be a while before I can say what I think of their importance. I will observe that quite a lot of my screen space is taken up by GINA monitoring certain things. For example, the Ranger spell Forecasted Shots puts a 20ish second debuff on the target; we run 4 - 7 rangers some raids, and it is still useful to adjust timing on the next cast even with that number. It also helps spotting casts of 'banned' spells in real time. This means that the real time DPS will need to find space in an already crowded environment.

As far as tracking dot damage by dot spell, I'm unclear as to the raid utility of this feature, other than perhaps for a necro class leader, who should get just about as much information from the Spells & Discs tab about who cast what spells as one would think would be needed. I suppose it might surface issues like lack of focii, but so would a current magelo.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Today's update is mostly related to graphs.

1) Found a very old bug that was causing graphs to be offset by 1 second. See my posts in this thread for more information: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/swarm-hs-kiting-nerfs-reverted-yet.212301/
    2) Fixed the problem with Y-Axis labels overwriting each other when viewing a very long fight/combine. If it detects a problem it should offset every other label:

[IMG]

3) Fixed the last Y-Axis label getting cut short if it was more than 2 digits.
    4) Fixed an error that was sometimes causing the last 1-2 Axis labels not to show at all.

Additionally, but not graph related,

5) Made the Overlay displays more "aggressive." hopefully. Let me know if you are still having lag with the overlays appearing/disappearing.

Keep in mind some of it can be due to processing. On a raid EQ can output hundreds of lines a second, it may fall behind in calculating which would cause it to be behind.

Please re-download from the link in the first post. Thanks.
    Zentara and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  19. Xorsazis Augur

I've been working with this today. Testing out the latest version.

I am still having issues with the overlay hiding behind EQ windows. This seems to be something of a mystery to me. I can honestly say as long as the EQ window is not up, it stays up and reporting over every other window I have open. I decided to try closing some excessive programs and processes (I heard once EVGA PrecisionX is not very friendly with overlays). The results were pretty much the same. As soo as I clicked the taskbar, overlay up, soon as I clicked EQ, overlay gone.

I believe this is something with an EQ setting, but I cannot tell. On a possibly related note, I seem to lose access to anything on my PC while zoning, as the EQ window "takes over" my desktop and won't let me bring anything else to the foreground. Only way around this is to zone while EQ is in the backgroun (via autorun).

But this has me curious now. For whatever reason, GINA seems to be able to get to the front. Gonna play a bit.
  20. Xorsazis Augur

Figured this out. Unchecked "Overlap Windows Taskbar" and it works like a champ.

EDIT: Apparently this fixed my Desktop lockup while zoning too. Had this issue for years. Haha.