Game Update: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 4:00AM Pacific

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Kukgrol Elder

They should open certain servers for those that want to roll instant geared 85s, and others where it is not allowed. There are different playstyles, and they should simply have servers to address these differing mindsets.

It's just like having PvP / roleplay etc servers.

Just like any future progression server launch. They should launch 2 and specify on launch - One unlocks based on the formula used on Fippy / Vulak, and the other has a 6 month window per expansion (maybe 3 months for the minor ones, ones without AAs or levels).

It would go a long way to giving EQ players want they want - a sense of community instead of competing goals clashing on a server causing tension and frustration which leads to people stopping to log in and cancelling accounts.
  2. Tellidan New Member

Agree with Kuuleo. Its hard enough to play with people who have been PL'd but at least they understand the game a little... I'm terrified of the HC's that belong to inexperienced players. *shudder
  3. Adyil Faywind New Member

I am curious as to why people have such a hard time with these additions... First, it allows your friends to be more versatile and also not break end game questing. Sure there are "some" drawbacks, but nothing 15 levels wouldn't cure. Seriously consider how many levels does it really take to understand the dynamics and nuances of a class?? Each player is different, and ability and knowledge is key.

So, to all the naysayers, I submit this, and echo what others have said, this is no different than power-leveling a character.

No sense in crying over spilled milk. Those of you who consider yourselves "elitists" might want to re-tool your paradigm and embrace your new players and help them vice tearing them down.
  4. MasterRin New Member

Disciplines hotkeyed to hotbars aren't working and need to be remade, just an FYI.
  5. McDougal Augur

Sure would like to see the new solo J5 merc quest available to my existing alts over lvl 85.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Lunetune New Member

According to the update notes :

*** AA ***

- Entering Muramite Proving Grounds or the Plane of Knowledge will synch up your Trials of Mata Muram resist bonus AAs and grant any you may be eligible for.

This was not under Heroic Character section, but appears to only apply to them. The free heroic character has more resists than the alternate characters I played from scratch. Is it intended to be that way or is the grant special AA to existing characters not working?
  7. Salizar New Member

Do the rare CoTF items drop in heroic adventures also?
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No reason why not, means the quest would get used a lot more.

If the old one is a pita for Heroic Chars to do, it is a pita for everyone else as well.

I really don't understand why they redid all the Mercenary quests a couple of months back with this just around the corner, they could have saved themselves some time and got more time to do CotF part 2.