Game Update: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 4:00AM Pacific

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

In preparation for Heroic Characters and new Race/Class combinations, all EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 4:00AM Pacific*. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately 4 hours.

Full patch notes can be viewed here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-march-12-2014.208913/

Keep an eye on the EverQuest website and the forums for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Time Zone Converter
    Tarrin and DirtyGurtie like this.
  2. Saturion Journeyman

Ok, this answers my question about when Heroic characters will be available... Was looking for a specific time frame since I am off work tomorrow :)... Thanks Roshen!
    DirtyGurtie likes this.
  3. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

I guess I wont be the only one rushing around to get my errands done early on my day off tomorrow so I can play then, lol.
    Saturion likes this.
  4. Tysheva New Member

Slightly OT but will it also force a "tutorial UI" on upgraded characters?
  5. Derd Augur

Nope, hc start in the new feerot
  6. Tysheva New Member

I'm talking purely about the GUI...is it optional or forced?
  7. Saturion Journeyman

I am trying to formulate my plan of action for my heroic characters around my son's naps, haha!
    Hedgehopper likes this.
  8. Zantor Augur

Just out of curiosity, will the new super rare items in CoTF also drop in HA's?
  9. Fylthi New Member

Can't wait to play! I guess it's a good thing I took a few days off after all .
  10. Zinth Augur

I can just about imagine the new ferrott being like old newbie zones on launch day for the progression servers... not a mob in sight and tons and tons of player corpses littering the ground because they think they can solo the mobs... where as all the boxers and regular players will hurry off to other zones.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've just completed my last hot zone quest in Grounds for a while, looking forward to a peaceful afternoon in Rathe Mountains with my new frog, 4 hours to dream up her name. :)

But before that I'm off to this strange new zone called the garden, to attack the grass, AE looks like the order of the day.
  12. RS78 Lorekeeper

Reading the notes, I see random rares have been added to Call of The Forsaken zones and also some trade skill items. My question is, was it intentional that there are no One handed or Two handed caster weapons to buy from the level 100 Marks of Valor merchant in Tainted West Karana? Just seemed a bit odd to me that every other class has something to choose from. There are also no Monk/Beastlord Crafted Hand to Hand weapons yet, only the One Hand blunt Tonfa's. Were either of these things addressed in this update or planned for an update in the near future?
  13. Deadjester New Member

i got the patch but i don't see any servers so i am thinking that it is supposed to be up but don't know what is going on. restarted client twice and nothing new, is anyone else having this issue?

Note: third restart shows locked servers never mind.
  14. RS78 Lorekeeper

they said about 4 hour downtime, so that would be about 11am edt
  15. Dunek of AB New Member

They said 4 hours downtime, which should mean the servers were up 1 hour ago
  16. RS78 Lorekeeper

they take them down on west coast time, 4am there with 4 hours of down time is 8am west, or 11am eastern. so still 43mins of estimated downtime left
  17. Dark_Reaper76 New Member

I understand why SOE is "Handing out" free lvl 85 toons, but OMG you're starting to make it feel like WoW and the proverbial "easy button" around here. You give out 4K free AA's and now geared up, AA'd 85's with MPG trials AND DoN progression DONE? COME ON SONY! What about those of us that have been here for the last 7+ yrs ? Some since day or week 1. What do we the faithful get while you hand out freebies to new or returning players who left after PoP ?

What's next? $100 lvl 100's of your choice with 5K AA and T2 RoF Raid gear? Where does this end? Keep giving into the whiners and the "pay to win" crowd and you'll start ruining a game so many of us enjoy for the difficulty and challenge. The rewards for a hard days group, grind or Raid. The satisfaction at the end of the day that you busted your backside and still came out with an [X] in the WIN column!
  18. kuuleo Journeyman

I agree with dark_reaper76 ive worked real hard on all my toons and I hate seeing all the new people getting the easy life.
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

We're had this discussion ad-nausium for almost two months now.
    Nothing like weighing in on a topic in a timely manner!
    -Rat
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

US clocks alted at the weekend so it is now only 7 hours difference not 8, they went down at 11 am GMT so will be up around 3 am.