Game Update: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 4:00AM Pacific

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That was about AAs this is about levels......whats done is done to late now.

The way I look at it, I've lost nothing, they gained something, it's the way the cookie crumbles. I've had 13 years of wonderful play, they were unlucky enough to miss out on. :)
  2. Dunek of AB New Member

Is that your second account Dark_Reaper76???

I am not sure giving people 85 characters is going to make any difference to the way the 85+ crowd play the game or view the game. I have played since 2006 only ever got a character to level 81 so its going to be interesting to see what comes next.

Play your own game, let others play it as they want to. What does it matter in 2 months time if the great enchanter in your group is heroic or not?
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

Hi DJ!,
    Every time I send you a tell in game (this week) you're AFK in PoK or your GH.
    -Rat
  4. Krazz New Member

I am not sure giving people 85 characters is going to make any difference to the way the 85+ crowd play the game or view the game. I have played since 2006 only ever got a character to level 81 so its going to be interesting to see what comes next.

Play your own game, let others play it as they want to. What does it matter in 2 months time if the great enchanter in your group is heroic or not?

Very well said Dunek, I've played since 06 myself, 2-boxing different toons because of irregular playing time, and I'm looking forward to HCs. I've accepted the fact that I'll never make it to level 100 but I still enjoy the game. It really does not make a difference to me whether new players start at level 1 or 85, and I don't care either if anybody has the best of everything in the game, more power to them, what freaking difference does it make anyway? Let people enjoy themselves the way they want to. Those who are unhappy about this will find other things to about no matter what SOE does.
  5. kuuleo Journeyman

all im saying is I don't want to group with a lvl 85+ HC new player that has absolutely no idea what they are doing and I die a lot.

I don't mind helping them learn, but I think if they are going to be learning the game they should start at lvl 1 not 85

like there should be a req of having a lvl 85 before you can make a free lvl 85
  6. Ratbo Peep Augur

If you want to see 100 as a casual, just get to 86 and then take the 85 and both 90 quests from Franklin Teek every day. (and do a lesson burn during one of those).
    -Rat
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

It's TIME!!
    Let the vigil begin!!!
    -R
  8. Mathozi New Member

in my opinion the heroic characters give those who have been in the game playing only a few character classes a chance to try new ones and still be in around the same levels as their friends. and for those of us just coming back into the game it gives us a chance to get into the higher level content. and for brand new players well it gives the older crowd something to gripe about lol. I see this as a good thing and yeah a lot like wow in the heroic thing but Wow did it only one per server. Which is probably easier on the game Devs than one per account or one per household depending. and the heroic classes did not " ruin" Wow but breathed new life into the game at least until they added Kung fu panda and the pokemon thing. PLEASE Devs if you are reading this don't do that to EQ
    Saturion likes this.
  9. Kharnage New Member

as opposed to ppl who paid hundreds of thousands of plat to have a mage or ranger do the work while they afk'd for hours to get an alt they never actually played leveled to 85+? :p
    Saturion likes this.
  10. Leifen Augur

Honestly there is no difference between a heroic and a pl'd toon except maybe the heroic is gear for T1 HoT. They pay SOE $35 for all but this first one or they pay SOE $35 ish for 2 kronos to give to someone to pl them. No difference whatsoever. And why isn't the gdmn quote working anymore? I hit the reply button that says reply and quote and no bloody quote.
  11. kuuleo Journeyman

yes, but a new player( brand new to game) wont have hundreds of thousands of plat to be pled, and I think they should know most of the basics of the game before making a auto85
  12. RS78 Lorekeeper

Yea day light savings at 2am on the 9th, clocks set ahead an hour.
  13. Megolash New Member

Just for perspective, I played since beta, and have taken many chars to max level. It took about a year to finish my first epic start to finish. It does feel somewhat cheap when you see that people can 'pay to win' now, but this game was already past its prime 10+ years ago.. and these changes aren't meant to appeal to the diehards who will play no matter what, they're meant to lower the barrier of entry for new players and your own alts/boxes. If it still took years to grind out a few thousand AA, that would just mean that any new chars have no chance of seeing the currently new expansion until years after it's obsolete. It's always this way in MMO type games - the first people to get something have to work really hard, and they have the prestige and sense of accomplishment, then after that race is over it becomes a gimme for everyone else.

Now every character is a god and can solo everything and if you want even more goodies, they'll gladly accept your cash and give you more goodies. It's like playing with cheat codes - not quite the same, but still fun for a little while.. and it opens it up to those who aren't old timer hardcore players.
  14. Minrye New Member

If the servers aren't open when I get back from lunch there's going to be heck to pay! Heck!

o_O
  15. Dark_Reaper76 New Member

No, as a matter of fact this is my one and ONLY account. Been an SK since 07. And to answer your question ... YES it does matter if someone is "Heroic" or "Powerleveled". I'm not saying it's wrong if a friend gives you a "boost" for a few AA or a lvl or 2 but when you grind out to 100 with no help, no powerlevel and you can actually PLAY your class ... I repeat, YES it matters. 2 months is NOT enough time to learn a class and Raid with it or truly be useful in a high lvl grp setting like the 85+ WK HA's. You haven't been "behind the wheel" long enough to know your spell lists, your role or what your class is actually capable of. You just haven't been through enough or seen enough to play effectively. I'm not referring to those who "buy up" say 10 or 15 lvls ... you've played enough (if not paying for PL's) to have some seat time. I'm referring to those who have been gone since before you or I started and now want to come back or players who are "green" to EQ all together to put it politely and want to go from the 4 cyl. Chevette they barely got to drive down the street and return to the Camaro there dad left in the garage.
  16. Minrye New Member

Dude, you realize that 90% of the heroic characters you see will be people who have been playing the game just as long if not longer than you. Try Valium.
  17. Ratbo Peep Augur

My wife and I have a pair of baby druids (level 10) named "Portabella" and "Portabello". We use them as Bazaar mules. We're going to spank them with this here "Heroic" treatment so they might be useful for some porting duties. We could always take them out as a pair (withTank and Wizzie mercs) if we wanted to actually play with them at all. (shrug)
    -Rat
  18. Ratbo Peep Augur

SERVERS UP!!!!!
  19. SelahEQ New Member

Server status page shows all servers are Up...Server Select screen shows all servers are Locked :p
    Nm...UP
  20. kuuleo Journeyman

yes I left for 5 years and came back and I only played my main till I got a full or mostly full understanding of it before working on my alts, let alone making a new character, and I didn't risk anyone else, I soloed till I knew my toons