Frenzic's Rule Set Proposal

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Frenzic Augur

Agreed and I'd say instancing as we described is the biggest most influential change that they should make. If I had to change one thing from fippy it would be this, no doubt in my mind.
    Soltara, Irbax_Smoo and Hendar2 like this.
  2. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Hmm. Am I really remembering wrong? I'm 98% sure VP was not required for progression on previous servers. I only remember having to kill the Kunark dragons and complete the epics, VP was raided but not required.
  3. anathema Augur

Was VP not revamped?
  4. Frenzic Augur

Was the kunark version.
  5. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

From what I remember, there was 1 kill required from inside VP, I seem to recall the clock starting ticking down to the next expansion after VP was entered and cleared, but I am old and my memory it is a bit hazy ;-).
  6. Mezrah Augur

7. Grish Augur

I'm about 98% certain that we got the weakening message when Phara'Dar was killed on Fippy. I do not believe the epics were a requirement. I think a nice compromise for server speed might be adding in epics and armor sets as a requirement for future unlocks before starting a countdown timer.
    Soltara likes this.
  8. Machen New Member

Holy ***** Pyro send me a tel if you are playing againl! We have been missing you something tremendously!
  9. Irbax_Smoo Augur

This is how it was on TLP 1.0. The raiders, including myself, wanted to rip their hair out after CT not dropping the item for the SK epic after several kills. This was because progression wasn't being limited by a sever's ability to progress, but instead limited by the game's RNG.

While I do feel not including epics and armor in the time line for unlocking is too easy, I also feel that including all of them is unnecessary.

I would suggest a percentage of quests completed to start a count down and then speed up that count down if every quest is completed.
  10. Zinth Augur

Include the epics, but not just ONE of them, but 10 of each :-D and also include 10x full set of each Kunark armor set... and the same in velious...

10x Thurgadin for each class, 10x Kael, 10x Skyshrine and 10x those sets in PoG

Oh and 10x full sets of planar armor for each class in the old planes while I remember it.

That should buy us enough time :-D :-D
  11. Frenzic Augur

Adding in a bunch of trigger unlocks is certainly romantic, but it would be a lot easier to just have hard coded, longer, time locks. I'm of the believe that time locks should be err on the side of longer, not shorter. If you think people will get bored at 2 months, make the unlock 3 months ect. Don't just give in to the first mouthy people that whine on the forums, instead let the excitement build and when the new expansion launches it will be to huge fan faire.

I've seen the complaints about people quitting when votes failed and what not, that's not relevant here though. When the time lock is known to everyone before hand, it's your own fault if you get upset and quit over a lengthy delay. I think the reason some people got upset on Fippy was because they believed it should have progressed and it was more a symptom of the voting mechanic and not the time itself.

With all that said, I'm not advocating 6 months per expansion, or anything crazy like that, just a little longer with definite releases. Let people plan their vacations and take off work in anticipation. Let there be hundreds waiting at the docks once more!
  12. Aenoan Augur

I'd like to see them continue this tradition of sleeper/combine maybe even adding a random element to unlocking progression without telling us. For example completely some of the more common quests of certain cities or world wide quests. Such has Qeynos Badge of Honor or Scouts Blade. These are kind of poor examples I guess, but something long those line, the common/popular quest from classic era but outside the standard planes/high level quests.
    Soltara likes this.
  13. Zinth Augur

true... I would just prefer long opening timers... but if they insist on putting in "must jump through hoop" before next expansion opens, then make it more then once of each item ;-) but 3 month classic, 6 month kunark, 6 month velious and I would be happy
  14. Exmortis_MT Augur

I actually like the vote option, it does give the population a chance to have some say in the servers expansion progression. I also want two servers, so I say lets have them look like this:

Slow/Classic server
    Classic- 2 months to vote(this is the only one I would agree needs no vote.
    Kunark-(and beyond) 4 months each to vote

Raid fast track server
    Each vote is triggered 1 month after every set raid/achievement completed.

This gives both the classic player and the raider there own server and keeps us from being at odds.

Yes, and defiant must not be in game, we agree here fully. Lets see as good a classic experience as can be done. I would love to see the old crafting and spell research but that may be too much to ask.

I actually agree with caps per kill, but I agree with you a great reduction in XP gain, right now its so fast to 50, now it has to be the game is dead from the neck down, but with a restart from level 1 day 1, we will see the game grow, so slow, even progression would be great. I'd like to see it cut by as much as 60 to 75% over current gains, or better yet right back to original XP gains just smooth out hell levels.

Id say not a bad idea, maybe double spawn rates for say 2wks server wide? then normal.

As much as I hate instancing in MMOs, there is a time and a place for everything. And if the fippy raid thread is to be taken at face value, we have in TLP a much greater ratio of Female Personal Cleansing Devices to Cool Players than original EQ had. So maybe have them instance hard, like Vanguard did with APW, give each raid/zone 3 shards.

Only difference is, on the Raid fast track server have a normal lockout, on the Slow/classic have a double lock out timer.

Anyway my two cents.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  15. Grish Augur

Forgive me if this is listed somewhere else and I missed it but one thing that was horrible about Fippy and Vulak was the way expansions launched at Midnight PT. Nobody at Sony was ever online and we had many problems on many expansions. I'd like to see all launches take place during DB business hours and I think most people would love to see them take price on Friday instead of Monday morning though I'm not sure if it is the majority or not.

Many people, both raiders and casuals, like to be able to play right when a new shiny expansion launches and many even take time off from work to do it. The day is not as important as the time though.

When a new server unlocks, lets shoot for 10am PT or Noon PT. I like the idea of Fridays but I'd be fully in support of voting on the day.

No more expansion launches in the middle of the night when there is zero support.
    Kassiye, Irbax_Smoo and Machen like this.
  16. Frenzic Augur

Good idea and I think that should be easy with time unlocks. Can all be programmed in advance.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  17. Machen New Member

Can't believe I didn't think to already post this. Out of every suggestion for improvement that's been made on these forums in the last few months, this is the very best suggestion that has been made. Yes, do this, a thousand times over. Please.
    Soltara and Irbax_Smoo like this.
  18. Irbax_Smoo Augur

No kidding. This aspect has been overlooked, but is essential. I can't count how many sleepless nights I had waiting for an expansion to open. I will probably die when I hit 50 years old, just because of how unhealthy EQ has been for me. lol
  19. Frenzic Augur

So another good 29 years to look forward to right?
  20. Irbax_Smoo Augur

I wish I was that young. :(